Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MYSTERY OF THE LEEKS  (Read 80035 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE MYSTERY OF THE LEEKS
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2005, 10:36:42 PM »

Oh, dinner tonight was tonkatsu: pork cutlets that are breaded in panko, deep-fried, and served with a special dipping sauce.  It was quite yummilicious.

Der B was particularly happy with the sauce: equal parts Worcestershire, sugar, soy sauce and ketchup, seasoned with a little French mustard and a little bit of allspice.  Sweet, spicy, tangy all at the same time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2005, 10:37:26 PM »

What kind of dance am I supposed to propose to go with pork cutlets?   ???
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »

No posts in an hour???  WUSSBURGERS ON PARADE.  Maybe some late-nighters  will come back - I've been having ever so much fun during our late-night extravaganzas.  Plus, as you'll read in the notes, I've got a roaring headache, so I won't be going to sleep any time soon.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »

Sorry to hear of raroring headache (I'll leave the typo).

****HEALING HEAD VIBES****

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2005, 11:41:23 PM »

A roaring headache...the play was that bad?

Panni

« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2005, 11:43:17 PM »

I was writing away today, minding my own business, when I looked up from my computer to see a strange woman standing at my door. (The window of my office, right beside my desk,  looks out on my front balcony/porch.)
SW was carrying a flashlight - and as it was around noon - this seemed unusual. She introduced herself and said she was from the Health Department and was investigating the Case of the Rats. She was not at liberty to say who had called her in. (Hmmm - could it have been the people downstairs? - the only other people in the house. The ones with the rats.) Anyway, she gave me a pamphlet with a picture of an ugly rat on it, looked around my sparklingly clean RAT FREE premises and said she would be back in a month. She said that rats are springing up all over the place in LA this year. One old lady had lived in the same house for 40 years. Never a rodent. Until now. Yuck! If I wanted rats I'd move to New York!
The landlord needs to do a few things in my place to make sure it remains RAT FREE and she was sending him a stern letter telling him to do these very things.
The End.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2005, 11:43:58 PM »

Actually, as you'll read shortly, the play was very good.  The headache started coming on as I got to the theater.  On the way there, I decided I didn't want to go.  But I'm glad I did.

Panni

« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2005, 11:54:25 PM »

Guess, I'll stick around and read the notes. It would be downright churlish to leave now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up