Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE MIRACULOUS MIRACLE ARRIVES  (Read 3293 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: ONE MIRACULOUS MIRACLE ARRIVES
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 06:37:06 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 06:37:16 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:16 AM »

DR JohnG, that Waterston-Widdoes production of Much Ado About Nothing remains my favorite.  April Shawhan is a very dear friend I've not seen in years.

Wasn’t April in the Sherman Brothers’ Over Here!?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:46 AM »

Vibes for DR Michael on the eve of his big day.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »

Happy birthday to occasional DR Charles Pogue.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 07:24:41 AM »

DR JohnG, that Waterston-Widdoes production of Much Ado About Nothing remains my favorite.  April Shawhan is a very dear friend I've not seen in years.

She is.  I think she's wonderful as Hero in the Much Ado.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 07:29:29 AM »

And I am off to Music Theatre International and City Center.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 07:40:09 AM »

She is.  I think she's wonderful as Hero in the Much Ado.

She’s a great Hero.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 07:54:09 AM »

Happy belated anniversary to DR Ginny and Richard!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 08:45:35 AM »

That's why I'm still thinking, too, DR DRUXY.

Lots of folks THINK they are funny....and lots of people are thought to be funny.....I'm still thinking.

My all-time favorite comedian is still Jack Benny.
You can dream…or you can do.

Danise

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »

Hi all, I had come and share some news.   Some good, some bad.  First just a word about our weather.  We were down to 28 degrees this morning, if you can believe that.  We even had black ice on the road.  They have been showing a news story about a worker falling on the ice in the road here in Tampa.  The wind chill is down to 12 degrees in spots!

Next news, I had a new job that I started on December 13th.  I got a bad case of bronchitis and even though I had a temp of 102 I still went to the training because they said if you missed even one day you would lose the job.  I made sure I showed up at least 20 minutes early every day.   We had to take a test at the end of the training.  Long story short, despite all my efforts to show what a good employee I would be, I failed the test by 6 points so they let me go.  No, they won’t let me retake it. 

That was last Friday.  I went to the doctor while I have insurance until the end of this month for the bronchitis and he couldn’t believe I waited so long to go.  He said I am in pretty bad shape and gave me some meds.  I had a very bad reaction to the meds, my hands blew up to twice their size, turned red and felt like someone poured gas on them and set them on fire.  I had hives in my hair and different places on my body.  I had to rush back to the doctor to get a shot for the hives and am now on meds for that but I still have bronchitis and they can’t do anything for it until I get rid of the hives. 

The shot helped and at least put the fire out of my hands but I have to take the pills I was given for another six days.  I don’t know what is going to happen with the bronchitis in the meantime.  I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow (Friday).  I may end up in the hospital again.

Now for the good news.

Amongst all this I have so other news of a more joyful kind (at least I hope it will be).  I may have found the love of my life.  His name is Mark and he wants to come and see me.  He knows I’m sick and said he is so worried about me he wants to come make sure I am ok.  I told him I may be in the hospital after Friday and he said if he has to sit next to me there, he will. 

We met on FaceBook and have texting and calling each other steady for the past couple of months.  He seems like a wonderful man.  He lives in Georgia but is out the country right now but he plans on flying back to the States this weekend.  He wants to fly to Tampa first to meet me.  He has already said that since I don’t have a job that might just be a blessing so that maybe I can move to Georgia and start a life there with him. 

He wants me to fly to Georgia with him when he gets here (after we meet and if I’m not in the hospital) to get his dog, Rain and his truck and drive back down here so we can be together and plan on if I will go with him back to Georgia or stay here and get a job.  He said if it would make me happy, he would consider moving here as well.  He will have about a month of time off when he get home from his current job.  It would give him time to look at Florida and see what kind of job he could get here. 

I have never lived anywhere else in my life but I don’t have any family here.  I’m thinking he shouldn’t give his job up to move here, it makes more sense for me to go there if we really click when we meet.   Of course we have to meet face to face and such but I wonder if this maybe a chance for me to be happy with someone.

I am a bit of a cougar as he is 54 and I’m 59. He has no kids and his wife passed away about 6 years ago. 

I don’t know where this will lead to but I can’t help but hope.  I know it’s a bit late in life for this kind of thing but maybe it’s not to late for my fairytale to happen.  Wish me luck.

Anyway, that’s all the news from here that I won’t share on FaceBook.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 08:53:08 AM »

Very few comedians have the staying power of Benny or Rickles.

Back when I was a publicist, I represented a lot of comedians:

Jack Carter
Jackie Vernon  (He got me into film collecting.)
Stanley Myron Handleman
Rip Taylor
Jackie Mason (who still owes my $)

They certainly kept me laughing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:56:20 AM by Druxy »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 08:55:02 AM »

Hi all, I had come and share some news.   Some good, some bad.  First just a word about our weather.  We were down to 28 degrees this morning, if you can believe that.  We even had black ice on the road.  They have been showing a news story about a worker falling on the ice in the road here in Tampa.  The wind chill is down to 12 degrees in spots!

Next news, I had a new job that I started on December 13th.  I got a bad case of bronchitis and even though I had a temp of 102 I still went to the training because they said if you missed even one day you would lose the job.  I made sure I showed up at least 20 minutes early every day.   We had to take a test at the end of the training.  Long story short, despite all my efforts to show what a good employee I would be, I failed the test by 6 points so they let me go.  No, they won’t let me retake it. 

That was last Friday.  I went to the doctor while I have insurance until the end of this month for the bronchitis and he couldn’t believe I waited so long to go.  He said I am in pretty bad shape and gave me some meds.  I had a very bad reaction to the meds, my hands blew up to twice their size, turned red and felt like someone poured gas on them and set them on fire.  I had hives in my hair and different places on my body.  I had to rush back to the doctor to get a shot for the hives and am now on meds for that but I still have bronchitis and they can’t do anything for it until I get rid of the hives. 

The shot helped and at least put the fire out of my hands but I have to take the pills I was given for another six days.  I don’t know what is going to happen with the bronchitis in the meantime.  I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow (Friday).  I may end up in the hospital again.

Now for the good news.

Amongst all this I have so other news of a more joyful kind (at least I hope it will be).  I may have found the love of my life.  His name is Mark and he wants to come and see me.  He knows I’m sick and said he is so worried about me he wants to come make sure I am ok.  I told him I may be in the hospital after Friday and he said if he has to sit next to me there, he will. 

We met on FaceBook and have texting and calling each other steady for the past couple of months.  He seems like a wonderful man.  He lives in Georgia but is out the country right now but he plans on flying back to the States this weekend.  He wants to fly to Tampa first to meet me.  He has already said that since I don’t have a job that might just be a blessing so that maybe I can move to Georgia and start a life there with him. 

He wants me to fly to Georgia with him when he gets here (after we meet and if I’m not in the hospital) to get his dog, Rain and his truck and drive back down here so we can be together and plan on if I will go with him back to Georgia or stay here and get a job.  He said if it would make me happy, he would consider moving here as well.  He will have about a month of time off when he get home from his current job.  It would give him time to look at Florida and see what kind of job he could get here. 

I have never lived anywhere else in my life but I don’t have any family here.  I’m thinking he shouldn’t give his job up to move here, it makes more sense for me to go there if we really click when we meet.   Of course we have to meet face to face and such but I wonder if this maybe a chance for me to be happy with someone.

I am a bit of a cougar as he is 54 and I’m 59. He has no kids and his wife passed away about 6 years ago. 

I don’t know where this will lead to but I can’t help but hope.  I know it’s a bit late in life for this kind of thing but maybe it’s not to late for my fairytale to happen.  Wish me luck.

Anyway, that’s all the news from here that I won’t share on FaceBook.

Just be careful.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »

I've fallen in love with Mary Berry of The Great British Baking Show, so I'm reading her biography.  She reminds me so much of my friend Loyce.

I like her.  Is her biography interesting?

Jane

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »

Tomorrow morning at this time it will be my pleasure to be on a train into the city, where I will be hearing the Encores! orchestra rehearsal in the company of our own DR Elmore.

Lucky you. 

Jane

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »

Vibes for DR Michael on the eve of his big day.

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 09:05:30 AM »

Wow DR Denise! 

First, major get well Vibes!

MEGA VIBES that Mark is the person you think he is and this works out for you.  Also that Rain is good with other dogs.

Danise

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »

I’m hoping everything will work out.  I’ve met some reall jokers on line—I could write a book but Mark seems very different.  Down to Earth.  We’ve already fought online (in messages) and broke up twice but we always come back to one another.  It seems that either of us can’t stand not talking to one another.  I think that is a good sign.  You don’t really know someone until you have had a disagreement.  It shows how you really will get a along.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »

Vibes for DR DANISE that everything works out just as she wants it to.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »

Thank you, DR Jrand.  I didn’t want to say anything until I was fairly sure it was ok to do so. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 10:45:51 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was up at five-thirty and as I was thinking I think a bit of magic happened re the book and we'll see how that goes - but I think it will work.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 10:46:18 AM »

Then I went back to bed and slept until the alarm went off at ten, then got up forty minutes later.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »

I just ordered Girl Scout Cookies.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2018, 12:02:12 PM »

Happy birthday to occasional DR Charles Pogue.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2018, 12:22:07 PM »

I futzed and finessed and wrote two new pages.  Now I'll go get something to eat, the write four or five more.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »

~~~Get Better Quickly and Happy Relationship Vibes for Danise!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2018, 01:11:28 PM »

Just got word from the doctor. Cancer benign. He thinks he got it all. Have to go back in three months for a follow-up sonogram.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »

I go back to work in a week.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 01:25:24 PM »

So much news on this page.  That's great news, DR JohnG. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 01:29:36 PM »

I've fallen in love with Mary Berry of The Great British Baking Show, so I'm reading her biography.  She reminds me so much of my friend Loyce.

I like her.  Is her biography interesting?

I don't know yet.  She was born in 1933, and I doubt I've reached 1940 yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up