Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: F IS FOR FEBRUARY AND FUN  (Read 3537 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: F IS FOR FEBRUARY AND FUN
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »

Fond remembrances of our DR Kerry, who I'm so sorry I never had the chance to meet.

I met DR Kerry when he came with our DR Laura to see the first production of THE BRAIN FORM PLANET S in LA.  I hope my memory's right about that!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 12:25:18 PM »

Page 3 Dance!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »

I've finished all I can do at City Center and Joshie sent me home.  I will play with Thatch and Annabelle and unpack the two Amazon cartons that Val kindly carried up for me.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep - would have been eight if the phone hadn't shot off its big fat mouth at nine.  Today I decide if I'm going to let the landline go because you can change your number a million times and these spam callers will eventually get it.  Blocking is pointless because they keep spoofing other numbers.

Then they will find you on your cell phone. 

Fortunately, I've RARELY gotten spam calls.  And since I screen my calls and don't answer if I don't recognize the number, they don't leave messages, so I don't have to deal with that, either.

I usually screen my calls, not answering numbers I don’t recognize.  Last Friday, a call (that I didn’t answer) showed up that made me wonder.  If my number were 123-4567, this call was from 124-4568.  Rob thinks it was coincidental, but I think it looks like some kind of scam.  No message was left, of course.

They’re ALL scams.  I now get spam on my cell phone in which all the calls show my prefix (770-) so that it looks like an innocent “local cell call that must be from someone I know”.  Right?

Sadly, I remember when spam somehow or other didn’t go to cell phones, and then at some point ..... it did. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »

My neighbor Judy brought over a can of Weruva Marbella Paella for the babies to try.  This seems to be the first seafood mix they've liked.

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2018, 01:44:45 PM »

This morning I got my access to the licensed keyboard patches for The Addams Family, downloaded them, and got them loaded into MainStage. 

And they’re absolutely fabulous.  A really great programming job.  I have no idea how much I’ll like the show, but it’s going to be great fun to play.

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »

How does it smell, DR Elmore?  The general rule seems to be:  the more hideous it smells to us, the more they love it.

Laura

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

In honor of Kerry's birthday, I am baking a chocolate cake.

Laura

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 02:10:11 PM »

I took him a birthday cake last year, knowing it would be his last birthday. Miraculously, he recovered from that illness. It was a different illness that he did not survive a couple months later.

Laura

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »

This morning I helped the church women make individual meals in bulk. Does that make sense? Mostly I washed the dishes as they dirtied them. They made about 50 meals, each individually packaged. So now when someone has surgery or a family emergency or something, we can take a couple meals out of the freezer.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »

They also shot additional scenes for EARTHQUAKE adding an entire new story line with DebraLee Scott and Sam Chew Jr. as a newlywed couple on an airplane.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »

Back from a fun lunch at Langer's - pastrami on rye and a couple of potato pancakes - excellent. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »

Got the envelope and did the banking and am now home.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »

Fond remembrances of our DR Kerry, who I'm so sorry I never had the chance to meet.

I met DR Kerry when he came with our DR Laura to see the first production of THE BRAIN FORM PLANET S in LA.  I hope my memory's right about that!

DR Laura corrected me.  It was his ex, Music Guy, who came to THE RAIN FROM PLANET X.  I never met DR Kerry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »

How does it smell, DR Elmore?  The general rule seems to be:  the more hideous it smells to us, the more they love it.

It was rather odorless.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2018, 02:28:44 PM »

Will have another conversation with Muse Margaret in a bit - not liking what I added yesterday, it feels arbitrary to me and in fact the only thing I did like about it was that it made longer a too short paragraph.  But as I looked at it I think I just want to remove the entire bit - I think THAT will make that section much smoother.  And I think what she was concerned about has already been addressed and she's just not remembering those fixes and doesn't have those new pages.  But if she still thinks it's important it will have to go elsewhere and have a different feel to it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 02:44:50 PM »

My neighbor Judy brought over a can of Weruva Marbella Paella for the babies to try.  This seems to be the first seafood mix they've liked.

I haven't given Neve any of their seafood flavors, but she hasn't liked ANY of the Weruva flavors that I've gotten. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »

I haven't given Neve any of their seafood flavors, but she hasn't liked ANY of the Weruva flavors that I've gotten. :-\

Right now Annabelle and Thatch prefer Fancy Feat beef, chicken & beef, chicken hearts & liver, and chicken feast.  I just bought some salmon and shrimp combo ad I will see how they like it,  Annabelle is more finicky than Thatch about what she gets. 
They do not like the following:
Royal Canin
Wellness
Blue
Purina One Beef
Purina One Chicken & Liver

I have a lot of food to give away!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:08:30 PM by elmore3003 »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2018, 04:18:06 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DONALD FELTHAM!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2018, 04:19:13 PM »

Yes, DR Kerry is much missed.

RIP, Kerry.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »

I'm getting dyslexic.  I thought I set the alarm for 6:30.  It rang at 6:03.

Perhaps it is your alarm which is dyslexic.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep - would have been eight if the phone hadn't shot off its big fat mouth at nine.  Today I decide if I'm going to let the landline go because you can change your number a million times and these spam callers will eventually get it.  Blocking is pointless because they keep spoofing other numbers.

Then they will find you on your cell phone. 

Fortunately, I've RARELY gotten spam calls.  And since I screen my calls and don't answer if I don't recognize the number, they don't leave messages, so I don't have to deal with that, either.

I usually screen my calls, not answering numbers I don’t recognize.  Last Friday, a call (that I didn’t answer) showed up that made me wonder.  If my number were 123-4567, this call was from 124-4568.  Rob thinks it was coincidental, but I think it looks like some kind of scam.  No message was left, of course.

They’re ALL scams.  I now get spam on my cell phone in which all the calls show my prefix (770-) so that it looks like an innocent “local cell call that must be from someone I know”.  Right?

Sadly, I remember when spam somehow or other didn’t go to cell phones, and then at some point ..... it did. 

I've been getting spam calls on my cell phone for maybe a year or two now. Some of them use different numbers so you can't recognize them easily. Sometimes I'm tempted not to answer, but it often turns out to be something important. There's no way I'd know all the numbers of people I need to talk to about one thing or another.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2018, 04:27:41 PM »

DR Laura, for Christmas DR vixmom gave the kitties a laser toy.  I've been meaning to tell you goe much they love it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2018, 04:30:34 PM »

I miss Music Guy, too. I wish he'd start posting here again.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »

I have a lot of food to give away!

As picky as cats are perhaps you could find other cat owners and trade the unopened cans. Might there be a website for this?  ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2018, 04:37:00 PM »

I've been reviewing some medical bills, which is a sort of prelude to doing my tax prep. The medical/dental portion is always a bit hairy and I'll be glad to have it behind me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »

I have no other news.

Vibes to all.

TTFN.

KevinH

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »

Good evening!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up