Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UP AND DOWN DAY  (Read 2812 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE UP AND DOWN DAY
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »

six!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »

Then as I was driving home, David Wechter called and was in the nabe so we went and had some Japanese food.  Teriyaki and tempura for me - very full, but I never gain weight from it.

That sounds good, especially since we just watchec "East Side Sushi"

George

« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018, 10:21:57 PM »

Hi, Jane.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »

I admit, some of the shush looked unappetizing to me but the movie was very good.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2018, 10:22:59 PM »

Hi George.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:40 PM »

Jeanne, there's an apartment complex here in town that made the news yesterday. A couple days after rent was due, the City inspected the complex and shut it down completely. The tenants were put out on the street because the building wasn't safe. And no rent refund. They are now homeless.

That's horrible! I have renter's insurance to cover expenses should I not be able to live here, but I'd still hate to have to find substitute housing. Comparable apartments are 50% higher than what I now pay.

DR Laura's story is a reminder of why you have insurance.  The fact the place can rent for more if you move is why they don't want to fix it.

Jane, I think it's primarily a cash flow issue. Yes, these apartments would rent for more, but first they'd have to do a lot of work to fix them up. They poured a LOT of money into one of the other apartments in the fall and did more work than was necessary, IMO, and it's sitting vacant. Seven months with no rent because work was being done, and now 2 1/2 months waiting for a tenant. That's got to hurt. They couldn't rent my apartment as it is; the kitchen ceiling plaster is a mess. They feel they have to fix up the place to be competitive, but how many people can afford sky-high rent?

As one friend put it, "You can't afford to buy and you can't afford to rent." Housing prices--and rents--are just over the top here.

Then all the more reason to keep you happy.

If it really is a thermostat problem it shouldn't cost much to install one.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2018, 10:26:14 PM »

DR Jeanne how is your mouth feeling.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »

I thought I had a haircut appointment tomorrow morning.  It must have been wishful thinking that I could have Keith drop me off and I would walk home.  In reality the appointment is next week.  It will probably rain.

George

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2018, 11:49:00 PM »

I thought I had a haircut appointment tomorrow morning.  It must have been wishful thinking that I could have Keith drop me off and I would walk home.  In reality the appointment is next week.  It will probably rain.

At least it wasn't that you thought it was this week when it was supposed to be last week. ::)

Jane

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2018, 12:08:44 AM »

True.  My hairdresser does call or text the day before to confirm.  The fact I didn't hear from her should have been my first clue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up