Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: STICKY BUNS  (Read 137202 times)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:STICKY BUNS
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2005, 08:43:24 PM »

And welcome back DR Jenny!

And all sorts of vibes (in various sizes and colors) for DR Ann!

This is my last day of freedom before school starts tomorrow. I am eating my last meal: leftover pizza and berry-flavored Sprite. No Cherry Coke because you can't have caffeine on a school night.  :'(
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2005, 08:44:03 PM »

Welcome, new Dear Reader Cillaliz. Do you like Cherry Coke?

Cherry coke is ok, I prefer Dr. Pepper

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2005, 08:46:03 PM »

Cherry coke is ok, I prefer Dr. Pepper

Give Cillaliz a prize! I have asked every new Dear Reader that question and she is the first one to answer it.

Dr Pepper is OK, but I prefer Cherry Coke.  :P
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2005, 09:05:20 PM »

Welcome back, DR Jenny!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2005, 09:27:37 PM »

DR Ginny, it is nice to see a face with the name! And it looks like BK...er, I, Pod, convinced you to splurge! Actually he has convinced me to splurge on one also...but I may wait awhile to make sure that I really, really need one!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2005, 09:31:57 PM »

A bit late, but:

Hello, Jenny!  Well hello, Jenny!
We're so glad to have you back where you belong!

(almost a Hello, Dolly! reference!)

And if I hadn't said it before:  Welcome, Cillaliz!

About bagels:  There is a company here (I don't know if it's local or a chain) called Bagel Brothers.  They make the best bagels.  My favorite is their garlic bagel.  I love toasting it and when all the garlic bits on the outside are toasted and crunchy, that's the best!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2005, 09:32:18 PM »

I like the name Elizabeth, which should have been my middle name.  My father, darn it, talked my mother out of it at the last minute.

My sister seriously considered naming her daughter Elsbeth...or maybe it was Elspeth.  Either way, she (my sister Diane) loves the name but decided at some point that it could be one of those names that everyone makes fun of.  So she named her Hilary (with one "l"...not Hillary).

And my dad said that he wanted to name me Stanislaus! :o Imagine that!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 09:33:01 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2005, 09:41:50 PM »

And for the final topic:  what was I doing for my 21st birthday?  It was my first year at Western Washington University (I transfered in as a junior) and my suitemates and I had a kegger!  I (of course) had to buy the keg, but they all paid for it.  We made up invitations saying that we were going to have a Disco Birthday party for me.  I still have a lot of Donna Summer albums.  Anyway, we wrote on the invitations that gifts were not required but that key chains were preferred.  I still collect key chains.  I got a whole bunch of home-made key chains and they're great!  (a Tony the Tiger reference.)

So, they poured me a big giant plastic cup of beer and I sipped that thing all night.  I don't drink and don't like the feel of alcohol...although I have nothing against it otherwise.  And I just don't like beer.  But I did drink the whole thing.  I drank it so slowly that I didn't even get a buzz.  Friends and total strangers got totally sh*t-faced, but not me.  And even though the party was a bit loud, no one not at the party complained and no one at the party got out of control.  We all had a great time!

George

« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2005, 09:42:50 PM »

Now I'm going to say good night.  "Medium" is going to come on in about 15 minutes and my housemate wants to check his e-mail.  Good night!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2005, 09:42:52 PM »

Dear Reader?  I thought my stood for Dour Reprobate.  Back to the topic of the day (Mexican Food, was the topic of the day, wasn't it?)  After a late afternoon of going up and down Brand Boulevard looking at cars, The Lovely Wife and I stopped for Mexican at an Acapulco's.  Unfortunately, I keep forgetting it just not very good Mexican food.  Now I'm unpleasantly stuffed.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2005, 09:44:30 PM »

TCB, they do sell them in stores in LA, but, of course, they're very expensive...because they so rare out here.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2005, 09:48:53 PM »

TCB, they do sell them in stores in LA, but, of course, they're very expensive...because they so rare out here.

That’s okay; in Tacoma they have become extinct.
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2005, 09:51:03 PM »

Now I must really go.  Something is cooking in the kitchen.  I believe it must be wussburgers.
“One thing’s universal,

ozderek

• the truth is .... life IS a show tune !!!!
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2005, 10:27:42 PM »

hello.  yoo hoo.  knock knock.  anybody home?

'twas the night before wednesday
and on haines his way
not a creature was stirring
they'd all called it a day!

sleep well all.  it's only 5.30pm tuesday here .... i'm going to play with tomofoz.

cheers
:)
"She may well pass for forty- three
In the dusk, with a light behind her!"
W S Gilbert "Trial By Jury"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2005, 10:28:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Back in Richmond, and I'm posting from my quite nice and warm bedroom.  It's actually surprising how warm it is in here considering how cold it is outside right now - in the teens - and that the thermostat is set only to 65.  -The kitchen and hallways do feel "chilly", but it's nice to know the furnace seems to be working properly.  *Of course, I had the gas and water bill "waiting" for me when I stepped into my bedroom...  Ah, well...

The show tonight was kind of fun.  And it was kind of nice having a "fun" show again...  The whole audience was comprised of 514 middle school and high school students.  They were actually surprisingly very well-behaved.  Yes, they were a bit rowdy during the pre-show and intermission, but they got most of the show and responded appropriately... and quite vocally at times.  -It's always amazing just the reaction that two people kissing on stage gets from adolescents.  Some of the more political and sophisticated jokes went over their heads, but they also laughed at some other lines that usually don't get laughs.  They were actually a very "honest" audience.  They only reacted to things that got their attention and kept their attention.  If a slow spot happened to come up they just sat there... quiet.  -And I think that kept the actors on their toes, and, hopefully, it told them were things were starting to drag.  -As I mentioned the other day, the show is running seven minutes longer than when we first started.  Pick up the pace people!  Stop "acting"!

-OK - semi-rant over...

But I was in my car by 10:16, and I pulled into my parking space behind my apartment just at Midnight.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2005, 10:42:18 PM »

RE:  Egg bagels - Yes, there a few places here in DC that make egg bagels.  I actually like the bagels at Einstein Brothers.  Is there a location near you, DR Jane?

There's a local chain, Chesapeake Bay Bagel Bakery, that makes very good bagels.  Unfortunately, they keep closing down locations, so...  However, my favorite non-traditional bagel they make is a cheddar cheese one.  Sooo good.  It's not covered in cheese, rather cheese is mixed into the dough.  It's basically cheese-flavored bread.

You may want to give H&H a call.  I know I've seen more varieties in their shops than the ones listed on their website. So...

As for shipping... They ship everything in an insulated, styrofoam cooler with some cold packs in it.  Overnight.  Yes, the FedEx charge is a bit pricey, but it's worth it especially if you order a couple of dozen for freezing now and enjoying later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2005, 10:45:38 PM »

DR Jenny - Welcome back!  And Congratulations on all of your accomplishments the past couple of months!

-FIRST LADY SUITE - Really?!?!?  Who's going to be your Music Director?  That's some hard stuff!  But a great piece.  I wish I had caught the production that the Lark presented year in NYC.  My friend, Jack, directed it, and I knew many of the ladies in the cast too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2005, 10:55:25 PM »

BK - I keep meaning to mention that besides Gerry McIntyre who you know from Forbidden Hollywood among other shows, Laurie Gamache is also in Hallelujah, Baby!.  Now, I'm not sure if you've ever met Laurie, but she was Twiggy's stand-by during If Love Were All.  -Six degrees...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 10:57:11 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2005, 10:55:56 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  Have read through all the excellent postings and now I must write the notes whilst the film is still fresh in my mind.  I'll be back shortly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2005, 10:57:34 PM »

But first a photograph of our very own Tammy Minoff, wearing her Cat on a Hot Tin Roof outfit.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2005, 11:04:46 PM »

Back from celebrating DD's (that's Dear Daughter's for DR Cillaliz) 21st. Here is a photo of DM, DD and DBF... (and behind us the Dear Chef)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 11:06:27 PM by Panni »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2005, 11:09:26 PM »

DR Jose, I watched NIGHTLINE finally...and enjoyed it...thanks for letting me know it was going to be on!

You're welcome.

Did you think the one Indian-American filmmaker they interviewed was a bit, well, obnoxious?  I can understand someone knowing their market and wanting to make it big, but I found the one segment where he put on that very heavy Indian accent a little off-putting.

The one thing I did wish they had done in the piece was to put the titles of the movies they were talking about on the screen.  -Well, all the movies they were talking about.  I'd actually like to see the one they were focusing on - Dov Dash (?) - but I have no idea how it's spelled, so I have no idea what to look for on the shelves.  -Do you know how it is spelled?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2005, 11:11:56 PM »

But first a photograph of our very own Tammy Minoff, wearing her Cat on a Hot Tin Roof outfit.

Does that mean Eddie was wearing a cast?  If so, do you have a pic of Eddie too? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2005, 11:20:55 PM »

Oh... I guess I should mention that Eddie is Tammy's boyfriend.  Very good looking boyfriend.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »

Well, as much as I would like to do some late-night denizening tonight, I really must get to bed.  I'm hoping to get up early-ish tomorrow/today and get a bunch of stuff done.  -I was actually "planning" on going to bed by 1:00AM tonight... Ah, well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2005, 11:23:12 PM »

Here's a sweet pic of my darling DD at 21. Seems like only yesterday she was a DB (dear baby)...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2005, 11:33:04 PM »

Eddie?  I was playing Brick, baby.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2005, 11:35:02 PM »

I'm ready for ACTION, baby.  I'm ready to Meringue.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2005, 11:36:05 PM »

Here's a photo of DH Richard and me, taken today at Cincinnati's Apple Store, right before I purchased an iPod, which I'm going to use at work to drown out the cubicle chit-chat when I need to concentrate on some real work.
This is definate proof that the theory that mates start looking like each other after living together for a number of years is just plain silly.  Handsome as your DH Richard is, his moustache would look absolutely silly perched beneath your nose!

;)

Good photo!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 11:37:11 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2005, 11:42:25 PM »

Eddie?  I was playing Brick, baby.  

So Eddie broke your leg?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up