Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW RELEASE AND THE GOOD AND THE UGLY BUT NO BAD  (Read 6245 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE NEW RELEASE AND THE GOOD AND THE UGLY BUT NO BAD
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »

PAGE THREE CALENDAR GIRLS DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2018, 12:54:52 PM »

Good day.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »

Fred, have you figured out if you are coming out here in June?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

I'm going to have to see how finances are after April 15.  It's not the kind of situation where we're involved in rehearsals, but since they're going to use the Battle scene we workshopped at the Village rather than what's in the CD, I'd like to make the trip. 

or maybe they could video the Battle scene (maybe even the big numbers in general).  It would be great to have a video of the numbers at least if that's allowed under the non-union rules at that theater for the actors. 

That was never possible for the two NYC productions; those two were both Equity, and there were real costs and Equity rules, of course.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:27:28 PM by FJL »

George

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

I'm going to have to see how finances are after April 15.  It's not the kind of situation where we're involved in rehearsals, but since they're going to use the Battle scene we workshopped at the Village rather than what's in the CD, I'd like to make the trip. 

or maybe they could video the Battle scene (maybe even the big numbers in general).  It would be great to have a video of the numbers at least if that's allowed under the rules that cover the actors.  That was never possible for the NYC Equity productions.

Do you know if this is an Equity production, or would they just operate under Equity rules because they can?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

George

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »

I have had a Jerry Herman earworm eating away at my brain since Wednesday. Here’s Ethel Merman, a diva I somehow failed to mention yesterday, singing World, Take Me Back, a song that says essentially the same thing as Before the Parade Passes By.

https://youtu.be/GLWaqV-QQFU

I love this song. ;D

George

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »

I have been receiving a lot of calls on my cell phone from local, Ashland included, businesses soliciting.  Today I asked the local caller how he got my cell number.  He said it is public information now and I am not on the "do not call" list.

I looked it up and as far as I can tell cell phone numbers are still private. 

I also ranted to the guy how rude cell phone calls are because they ring in public places.
I am thinking of putting my number on the no call list even if it isn't necessary.  I just have this little worry that then it would make my cell number public.

I went ahead put my cell phone number on the Do Not Call list anyway because I would (fortunately rarely) get automatically dialed calls that didn't check the list. :P

George

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »

Thyroid. Same thing as Joshie. I hope we have a better outcome this time.

That's what happened with my cat, Ebonie. :(

George

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2018, 01:09:55 PM »

I recall once we had company and we all were talking making demos at home, and Skip said "My amp died yesterday" and a friend said "I'm so sorry, Skip, you could have cancelled on us tonight."  We all looked at the friend strangely.  Turned out the friend thought Skip had said "My aunt died."

RIP to Skip's aunt amp.

:))

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2018, 01:15:50 PM »

or maybe they could video the Battle scene (maybe even the big numbers in general).  It would be great to have a video of the numbers at least if that's allowed under the rules that cover the actors.  That was never possible for the NYC Equity productions.

Do you know if this is an Equity production, or would they just operate under Equity rules because they can?

Second Story isn't normally an Equity house.  I doubt they are for STARFIGHTER.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »

BK:  First book arrived in yesterday's mail (the one signed to me), but nothing more in today's mail, in case you want to check tracking. 

Edit:  I just checked the house on another street where our mail has gotten crisscrossed a couple of times, and it doesn't look like it went there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:52:30 PM by ChasSmith »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »

I keep getting emails with Stormy Daniels' name in the subject line.  This is really hurting my carefully cultivated reputation!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2018, 01:23:36 PM »

Good grief!  The Dow Jones dropped over 700 points today.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »

Whew - no internet or cable all day!  Finally it came back.  When I called a robot told me it was being worked on and would be up at 2:24 p.m. - they almost made it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »

New CD ordered.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:00 PM »

Tomorrow is Open the Barn Day and the first session of ANNIE auditions....oh my.....with a board meeting in between.

ChasSmith

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2018, 02:34:14 PM »

Tomorrow is Open the Barn Day and the first session of ANNIE auditions....oh my.....with a board meeting in between.

An evil little voice in my brain wishes a fly on the wall would "tape" a cherce handful of those auditions for our viewing pleasure.  Someone make it stop!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »

I went to acupuncture today, then to the optician, picked up some lunch, and went to Trader Joe's. Such is my life.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »

I have no news.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »

Vibes to all.

TTFN.

FJL

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2018, 03:23:02 PM »

Sorry if my first post was confusing.  I'll go back and word it better just in case.

Both of the NYC productions (in the Storm Theatre's 2004-5 season, and then at NYMF in the same year as BK and Brain...) were Equity.  Definitely couldn't film them without paying a lot, (or maybe otherwise everyone saying yes, I guess?)

Second Story will definitely be non-union.  I think this link for the auditions last month is still live and generally reachable. 

http://tpsonline.org/auditions/auddb.php?Aud_ID=26585

FJL

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:51 PM »

I was wondering if you might know if its being non-union means they can video the songs as long as everyone in the cast agrees. 

FJL

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »

I recall once we had company and we all were talking making demos at home, and Skip said "My amp died yesterday" and a friend said "I'm so sorry, Skip, you could have cancelled on us tonight."  We all looked at the friend strangely.  Turned out the friend thought Skip had said "My aunt died."

RIP to Skip's aunt amp.

:))

Thanks for the reaction, George!

I'm here all week.  (Luckily, of course, the week is over tomorrow.)

FJL

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »

I went back and re-worded my post about which productions I meant to say were Equity. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2018, 03:34:22 PM »

Thyroid. Same thing as Joshie. I hope we have a better outcome this time.

Hypo, hyper?  Good vibes for a better outcome this time.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2018, 03:38:32 PM »

I'm looking at an old email.  So a collaborator had disappeared (really, no responses to emails or calls for IIRC three weeks) and we were concerned.  She finally wrote that her aunt was sick in Connecticut, the aunt was like a second mother to her, and she's so sorry to have been out of communication despite getting all our emails. 

We asked if she needed anything, any help at task in NY while she was in Connecticut.  I think I said I hope she'll just drop us a quick one line email just to let us know she's gone on a family matter.  (Indeed, since she had a whole history of getting upset and not communicating for a while before, we never knew if she was gone on a trip without telling us, was upset about something and stayed quiet for a while, stuck in a project for work, so we didn't know if she was even still on the project not hearing any answers for about 3 weeks.)  She didn't understand why I thought a quick one-line email could be necessary.  A few months later, when she got upset about something else, an email ending with: 

"By the way, my dead aunt thanks you for your generosity of allowing me to spend time at her death bed earlier this year."

Oh my, this is not a stable person.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2018, 03:38:59 PM »

Hmm, "My Dead Aunt Thanks You" - the title of my new "passive-digressive" musical comedy

;D

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »

Fortunately for the friend you got that straitened out.  Since my hearing issues I hear strange things like that all the time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up