Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW RELEASE AND THE GOOD AND THE UGLY BUT NO BAD  (Read 6280 times)

FJL

Re: THE NEW RELEASE AND THE GOOD AND THE UGLY BUT NO BAD
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »

FJL, all books were shipped at the same exact time, and yes yours was there because I signed it.

Great, thanks for checking! 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »

Fred, have you figured out if you are coming out here in June?

I hope it will be the days that I am here.  This time period has become very complicated for me.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »

I have been receiving a lot of calls on my cell phone from local, Ashland included, businesses soliciting.  Today I asked the local caller how he got my cell number.  He said it is public information now and I am not on the "do not call" list.

I looked it up and as far as I can tell cell phone numbers are still private. 

I also ranted to the guy how rude cell phone calls are because they ring in public places.
I am thinking of putting my number on the no call list even if it isn't necessary.  I just have this little worry that then it would make my cell number public.

I went ahead put my cell phone number on the Do Not Call list anyway because I would (fortunately rarely) get automatically dialed calls that didn't check the list. :P

Thanks.  I will probably do it.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »

Thyroid. Same thing as Joshie. I hope we have a better outcome this time.

That's what happened with my cat, Ebonie. :(

Years ago with my cat My Sin.  We had a dog go on thyroid medication and was fine.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »

I recall once we had company and we all were talking making demos at home, and Skip said "My amp died yesterday" and a friend said "I'm so sorry, Skip, you could have cancelled on us tonight."  We all looked at the friend strangely.  Turned out the friend thought Skip had said "My aunt died."

RIP to Skip's aunt amp.

:))

;D

FJL

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »

I recall once we had company and we all were talking making demos at home, and Skip said "My amp died yesterday" and a friend said "I'm so sorry, Skip, you could have cancelled on us tonight."  We all looked at the friend strangely.  Turned out the friend thought Skip had said "My aunt died." 

Fortunately for the friend you got that straitened out.  Since my hearing issues I hear strange things like that all the time.

I recall at BMI workshop someone sang a song called "I Never Knew What Hit Me" and one of the people thought they kept hearing the title as "I never knew a hippie."

FJL

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2018, 03:48:58 PM »

I'm looking at an old email.  So a collaborator had disappeared (really, no responses to emails or calls for IIRC three weeks) and we were concerned.  She finally wrote that her aunt was sick in Connecticut, the aunt was like a second mother to her, and she's so sorry to have been out of communication despite getting all our emails. 

We asked if she needed anything, any help at task in NY while she was in Connecticut.  I think I said I hope she'll just drop us a quick one line email just to let us know she's gone on a family matter.  (Indeed, since she had a whole history of getting upset and not communicating for a while before, we never knew if she was gone on a trip without telling us, was upset about something and stayed quiet for a while, stuck in a project for work, so we didn't know if she was even still on the project not hearing any answers for about 3 weeks.)  She didn't understand why I thought a quick one-line email could be necessary.  A few months later, when she got upset about something else, an email ending with: 

"By the way, my dead aunt thanks you for your generosity of allowing me to spend time at her death bed earlier this year."

Oh my, this is not a stable person.

I don't think unstable, but manipulative.  She wanted to disappear for a while for as long as she wanted, whenever she felt like it.  The other 3 in the group treated it as a serious business collaboration, and it was frustrating when a question would be asked that should take 5 minutes to answer, but somehow the answer took six days.  It's so interesting looking at old emails, how much can happen and you often "forget it" a week later if you feel the piece you're working on is a worthy goal, assuming the person's talent is worth the trouble. 

FJL

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »

Unbelievably, I saw in looking stuff up about this other person years agoi that BK and I then had an email exchange that looks like it was happening both during a tax season and also right in the middle of a testy exchange with this person.  And I guess the testiness to the other person was affecting the thought I was giving to what i was writing to BK, as I think Bk was surprised by my tone. Context is everything.  (I hope I called BK after that to apologize, since i didn't see an apology from me to him in an email.  Or maybe I did so on here.  if not, BK, sorry for something you don't remember.  :)  ) 

Jane

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »

Manipulative, rude, and probably a few other things.  It is a shame when people are like this.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »

Back from picking up a package, buying paper for the printer, lunch meeting, and then printing out quite a nice number of orders.  Let that continue over the next week and we may actually sell out of this one.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2018, 05:11:28 PM »

Unbelievably, I saw in looking stuff up about this other person years agoi that BK and I then had an email exchange that looks like it was happening both during a tax season and also right in the middle of a testy exchange with this person.  And I guess the testiness to the other person was affecting the thought I was giving to what i was writing to BK, as I think Bk was surprised by my tone. Context is everything.  (I hope I called BK after that to apologize, since i didn't see an apology from me to him in an email.  Or maybe I did so on here.  if not, BK, sorry for something you don't remember.  :)  ) 

But Fred, BK remembers EVERYTHING!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »

Question, do you use one space after a period or two?  Reading the posts it looks like most everyone uses two. 

If your answer is 2 spaces, do you use only one when writing professionally.

I am asking because I was surprised our condo manager mentioned he has been taken to task for doing two spaces ;D

Jane

« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2018, 05:13:04 PM »

;)

I was tempted but didn't say it :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2018, 05:17:02 PM »

Question, do you use one space after a period or two?  Reading the posts it looks like most everyone uses two. 

If your answer is 2 spaces, do you use only one when writing professionally.

I am asking because I was surprised our condo manager mentioned he has been taken to task for doing two spaces ;D

I learned to type in high school (graduated in 1984) and I learned two spaces after a period.  I don't have to change that style for my work, so I won't.  I know our communications department has specific formatting rules, but that's for them, and not for the regular employees.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »

I had thought either is correct, however, it seems officially it is one space.  I am glad you don't have to change for work.  I personally think it is easier to read two spaces vs one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »

I use two spaces in any writing I do.  But Grant changes them all to one for the actual book.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »

My dead aunt wants to know if anyone can identify the brand of this camera set up we had during my senior year in high school.....1968.
I am NOT in the photo.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »

All of the SONY machines that I can find on the inner web had the SONY name on the front and were vertical....so I don't think it's a SONY.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

Page four?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »

Guess I'll get ready shortly and then mosey on over to the Group Rep Theatre for an opening night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »

FJL, your package was delivered YESTERDAY.  There is something seriously wrong with whoever runs your mail room in your building.

FJL

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2018, 06:48:03 PM »

FJL, your package was delivered YESTERDAY.  There is something seriously wrong with whoever runs your mail room in your building.

BK - To clarify, when I said Skip asked, I meant Skip has been asking me about the book; he didn't know to ask the folks in the package place.  Thanks for the delivery info.

The US post office employees around here really don't care. (I'm told it's a very different work ethic even in NJ somehow.)  FedEx and UPS are normally very diligent, and USPS is not, so USPS loses business to FedEx and UPS because of bad USPS service, where no one can lose their job except for really bad behavior.  And now D.C. blames Amazon for USPS troubles. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »

I shall now be on my way to an opening night.

FJL

« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »

;)

I was tempted but didn't say it :D

OK!  But BK remembers the good things and the bad things! 

(I know some Lady Macbeths, I mean brother's wives, I mean people, who remember all the bad to the nth detail and take the good for granted.)

Jane

« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2018, 07:02:24 PM »

I use two spaces in any writing I do.  But Grant changes them all to one for the actual book.

Funny :)

FJL

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »

So Bk or anyone who knows this stuff - I've searched and searched, and it's looking like "Naughty Rob" who keeps getting grief on that theater chat board is Rob Shuter, the husband of Bruce Sussman (Barry Manilow's forever writing partner). Could that be right? 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2018, 07:22:14 PM »

Fortunately for the friend you got that straitened out.  Since my hearing issues I hear strange things like that all the time.

I recall at BMI workshop someone sang a song called "I Never Knew What Hit Me" and one of the people thought they kept hearing the title as "I never knew a hippie."

Was it a musical version of Flat Broke with Two Goats? I've only just started the book and already I'm tired of the spousal abuse. With all of the garbage at work (which seems to get worse daily), I just need to be around nicer people at the moment.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »

So, in keeping with that, I decided against finishing I, Tonya or starting Three Billboards. Instead, I'm watching King Lear.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2018, 07:24:39 PM »

Wait! These could be the worst people of all. Ha!

Oh, well, the cast is wonderful: James Earl Jones as Lear, Rene Auberjonois as Edgar, Raul Julia as the bastard Edmund, Tom Aldredge as the Fool, Rosalind Cash as Goneril, Paul Sorvino, Douglass Watson and more.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:35:02 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

Let's head off this page.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up