Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUBTLY CORRECTED BOOK  (Read 5948 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE SUBTLY CORRECTED BOOK
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2018, 11:32:21 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2018, 11:33:29 PM »

I had to leave my parents' house a little after 5:00 and go downtown since I was ushering for a combined US/Canadian military band concert.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »

It was a free concert and almost 500 people showed up.

George

« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2018, 11:37:20 PM »

It was a great concert.

George

« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2018, 11:38:28 PM »

Then, I came home, fed my cat, fed myself, and now I'm watching TV and will ketchup on today's posts.

George

« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2018, 11:49:05 PM »

I am pleased to announce the publication of YVONNE DE CARLO, the 18th play in THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS collection.

This one-woman play about Hollywood's "Queen of Technicolor" is set in 1974 when the lively, direct-speaking star of many action films, plus THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, television's THE MUNSTERS and Broadway's FOLLIES is faced with a life-changing decision.

YVONNE DE CARLO is available in both paperback and Kindle editions via Amazon.  Performance rights are available.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1986768678/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523039502&sr=1-1&keywords=yvonne+de+carlo+druxman

Congrats, Druxy!

George

« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »

From DR George:
I have a co-worker that for just about EVERY e-book that she buys, she (when she's able) strips the DRM from the e-book (both epub and Kindle) so that she can reformat them the way that SHE wants them.  Evidently, Kindle e-books can have either too much or too little space in between paragraphs, or some are formatted where she can't make changes through her device, things like that.  I know she reads a lot of e-books, but to automatically do that for practically every one is (to me) kind of ridiculous.  Just read the darned book, is what I say...but not to her, of course. ;)

This is funny, and in my opinion a ridiculous waste of time. ;D

Mine, too!

George

« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2018, 12:08:30 AM »

Yesterday DR George wrote:
I have a co-worker that for just about EVERY e-book that she buys, she (when she's able) strips the DRM from the e-book (both epub and Kindle) so that she can reformat them the way that SHE wants them.  Evidently, Kindle e-books can have either too much or too little space in between paragraphs, or some are formatted where she can't make changes through her device, things like that.  I know she reads a lot of e-books, but to automatically do that for practically every one is (to me) kind of ridiculous.  Just read the darned book, is what I say...but not to her, of course. ;)

This is the dumbest sounding thing that I have ever heard. Most kindle e-books are formatted perfectly fine. Plus you can adjust them on your own kindle (make the print larger or smaller, add fewer spacings between lines). I don't even think that it is legal to do this.

I agree...but there are some e-books that even with the formatting changes that are available to be made within the Kindle app, it's not good enough for her and doesn't allow for enough customizing...to her standards. ::)

George

« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2018, 12:13:35 AM »

I like the idea of a safety check, just thought though he might have mentioned it-lol  Of course you would still have the kittens. :)

Why? I know and they know that cats climb.  The refrigerator is Annabelle's new Mt Everest.  I will keep spraying her with water until she realizes she should go climb a bookcase.

GO CLIMB A BOOKCASE - Sorkin's play adaptation of Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman" preserving none of the intent of the original

:))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up