Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: STILL FULL  (Read 8470 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
STILL FULL
« on: April 08, 2018, 12:15:03 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were full, and now it is time for you to post until the full cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: STILL FULL
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:15:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: BASTION!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 12:56:46 AM »

Oh, my goodness!  I can barely keep my eyes open.  Today, my friend Margo and I are going to see Ready Player One in IMAX 3D.  It got a 74% on Rotten Tomatoes...not bad.  We'll meet for lunch then go to the movie.  After that, I've got a couple of hours before I meet my friend Christine for dinner before tonight's rehearsal for Cinder Edna.  Christine is also in the show, so that'll be fun. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 12:57:20 AM »

Well, good night and have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 05:00:52 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 05:01:55 AM »

It's been cold in Austin the past few days.

My wife put the heat on this morning, which is unusual for her.

Currently, I'm reading Maureen O'Hara's autobiography, 'TIS HERSELF.

It's one of the best show biz autobiographies I've read in one time.
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 05:12:30 AM »

Thanks for the emoticon last night, George!

FJL

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »

JohnG, i guess that's the thing about outdoor events.  especially here, where a movie is readily available on video anyway.  But it was fun to have as one of our promo things, and certainly lots of work but enjoyable getting the CDs to them, and the Film Commission was so nice - and glad they didn't cancel it.  And given the weather, a good thing we didn't end up getting a number video'd for the event (which we didn't try to encourage kind of by luck, because part of the TRU team was too busy on another project to answer emails timely).  So once in a while,  "team member" not answering proves to be a good thing. (only kidding, that's never a good thing. :)  )

Did they just say, as they'd sort-of indicated (since the talk part of the program was already promoted to be about the documentary when Skip and I heard about the event), there's a musical out there, the story lives on, here's the CD. 

FJL

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:23:46 AM »

This is the 10-minute trailer for Jim Mendiola's documentary.  (Mr. Lehrer is interviewed in the trailer.)

10-minute trailer - "Making Viva Max!" re shooting of the movie
https://vimeo.com/238509897 (this is the whole 10-minute trailer)

I see here https://events.trinity.edu/event/latinx_heritage_month_jim_mendiola#.WqNOerY-KbU
that it says the whole "Making Viva Max!" documentary is scheduled for broadcast in 2018, per the info at that link

FJL

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 05:37:40 AM »

Do people (I guess of the people that braved the awful weather) seem to know the connection of Jim Lehrer, who actually is a grad of the Thomas Jefferson High School in San Antonio, to the "Viva Max!" piece - that doesn't seem to be even pointed out in much of the promotion for the event?

(Lots of people who didn't know before seem to find the Jim Lehrer / San Antonio connection fascinating when we talk about the musical.)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:24:20 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 05:40:00 AM »

JohnG, thanks again!  It was so appreciated!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 06:23:45 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 06:24:28 AM »

I fed the cats at 7 and went back to bed for two hours.  I needed the sleep.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 06:25:55 AM »

As soon as she and Thatch were finished watching the birds, Annabelle climbed onto my night stand and tossed everything off it. including a glass half-filled with water.  she got a spanking.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 06:27:31 AM »

I went back to bed, and almost immediately later I heard the sound of everything getting tossed off the refrigerator.  By the time I got to the kitchen, everything was on the floor and there was no cat in sight.  She's evil.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 06:29:31 AM »

Shortly thereafter, she and Thatch curled up beside me.  Annabelle stayed with me until 9:00.  Thatch kept jumping up to run off and play with his toys.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 06:33:01 AM »

So, now I'm dressed and on my first cuppa coffee. IO will empty the litter and take Annabelle for her building patrol.  She's showing signs that she knows we're running late for this.  Then I must empty the vacuum cleaner and vacuum.  Then I have to give some serious thought to a poem from 1919 and note down my thoughts about it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 06:34:41 AM »

DR TCB, it was nice to see the handsome Nicky last night.  How's he feeling?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 06:36:23 AM »

I'm thinking about walking a block this afternoon to see "Love, Simon."  There's a show at 2:00.  If I do not go today, I may tomorrow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »

If Charlotte were in town, I'd ask her to be my date.  She's in Texas doing a production of Man of La Mancha with her father.

KevinH

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 06:40:38 AM »

Good morning!

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 07:33:33 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 07:36:32 AM »

The sun is bright and it's looking so nice outside, but the temperature just refuses to go up.  Today's high will be around 42.

I do see some promise of change, a bloody WEEK from now...

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 07:44:57 AM »

A Sunday free for all kind of question for the class:

A Year With Frog and Toad

I know it not, as of yet, but there's some interest in mounting a small production up here.  Anyone who's seen it in NYC or elsewhere, or knows it to any degree, I'd love to know what you think of it.

John G.

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 07:46:00 AM »

This is the 10-minute trailer for Jim Mendiola's documentary.  (Mr. Lehrer is interviewed in the trailer.)

10-minute trailer - "Making Viva Max!" re shooting of the movie
https://vimeo.com/238509897 (this is the whole 10-minute trailer)

I see here https://events.trinity.edu/event/latinx_heritage_month_jim_mendiola#.WqNOerY-KbU
that it says the whole "Making Viva Max!" documentary is scheduled for broadcast in 2018, per the info at that link

Mendiola said he would finish the documentary this year for broadcast next year.

They mentioned that the musical was being written and this was the sampler CD.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »

A Sunday free for all kind of question for the class:

A Year With Frog and Toad

I know it not, as of yet, but there's some interest in mounting a small production up here.  Anyone who's seen it in NYC or elsewhere, or knows it to any degree, I'd love to know what you think of it.

Sweet score. Kind of like children’s theater on Broadway.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 07:51:18 AM »

Do people (I guess of the people that braved the awful weather) seem to know the connection of Jim Lehrer, who actually is a grad of the Thomas Jefferson High School in San Antonio, to the "Viva Max!" piece - that doesn't seem to be even pointed out in much of the promotion for the event?

(Lots of people who didn't know before seem to find the Jim Lehrer / San Antonio connection fascinating when we talk about the musical.)

I did. I saw Jim Lehrer at the Book and Author luncheon the newspaper used to sponsor. My friend Bonnie used to live near Jefferson, so I would drive by it almost every time I’d visit.

There was some rumbling last night when it came up so maybe not everyone knew. Everyone did know the story of Ozzy Osborne getting arrested for urinating on the Alamo.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 08:27:12 AM »

I went for a walk this morning. It is too hot here way too early. The weather people say we will have our first 100-degree day this week.

Laura

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2018, 08:27:50 AM »

I haven't see Rex this morning. He is probably in with Sandra. I don't think he is going to pull through this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up