Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ART OF COLLABORATION  (Read 5278 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE ART OF COLLABORATION
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2018, 01:01:46 PM »

I emailed the director after studying the cast list....she has Alex Foster, a great kid and a fantastic singer (and son of the vocal director) playing Perkins in my cabinet.

I emailed her to let her know that Frances Perkins was the first woman cabinet member in history as Sec. of Labor under....well...ME....  Of course she also thought Jack Dempsey was a famous gangster.

;D

Jane

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »

Does Alex know he is going to play a woman?

Jane

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2018, 01:05:19 PM »

You are right DR JANE....this one is better, but I liked that dress in the movie....

Much better :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »

I did go to Love, Simon, a gay teen romcom which reminded me a great deal of Clueless. It's not as good as Clueless, which is such a smart adaptation of Jane Austen, but it's very funny and touching.  Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel, as Simon's parents, have a couple of wonderful scenes with him, and the youg cast is quite good.  The high school in the film is working on a production of Cabaret, so we get a bit of that as well.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:54:18 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 02:14:45 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »

I did go to Love, Simon, a gay teen romcom which reminded me a great deal of Clueless. It's not as good as Clueless, which is such a smart adaptation of Jane Austen, but it's very funny and touching.  Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel, as Simon's parents, have a couple of wonderful scenes with him, and the youg cast is quite good.  The high school in the film is working on a production of Cabaret, so we get a bit of that as well.

I want to see it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2018, 02:17:21 PM »

Birding Monday is canceled today because my Birding Buddy has the flu. She waited three weeks for me and then got sick.

Vibes for Laura’s birding buddy.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »

I want to see it.

There's also a bit of a mystery: who is Blue?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2018, 02:38:10 PM »

I want to see it.

So do I.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 02:39:01 PM »

Birding Monday is canceled today because my Birding Buddy has the flu. She waited three weeks for me and then got sick.

Vibes for Laura’s birding buddy.

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »

Today is Monday, you say?  Can you prove it?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2018, 02:42:54 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2018, 02:48:12 PM »

I just lost a massive post I was writing about today's Seniors Luncheon at the church.  It's a monthly affair.

I brought a covered dish -- corn and tomato casserole.

It was well-received.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »

Darn!  Darn! Darn!   I hate losing posts while they are being created.

At the luncheon, meat was provided by our hostess (Miss Nelly).

She brought in fried chicken, which seems to grow on trees here.  Someone else thoughtfully prepared some meatballs in a Worcestershire-based sauce.  They were rather yummy.

Also on the table were macaroni and cheese (which also seems to grow on trees in these parts), two different (but tasting very much the same) green bean casseroles.

A bowl of corn was prepared by someone else and it was delightfully tasty.  It had a creaminess without being "creamed corn", if you can imagine it.  Try to.

There were some gelatinous things on the table, as well, and my Aunt Doris prepared a pineapple and cheese casserole which tasted very sweet but also appealed to the savory palate.  It was a meal item, rather than a dessert.

The monthly event started at noon and lasted until about 1:30 p.m.

(Last month's lasted until 2:30 p.m. with a ghastly guest speaker whose motto was 'KILL 'EM WITH REPETITIVENESS".

We had no guest speaker this time, happily, but there were Bible quizzes to be taken.  I did remarkably on them, if I do say so myself.  I was a good church-going little boy, and I attended a Baptist college which had mandatory classes in Religion for one semester, so....

Stuck like glue, I guess.

That's all I know. 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:58:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

George

George

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2018, 03:09:23 PM »

Schadenfreude. ::)

George

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2018, 03:10:03 PM »

;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »

I know all about the creamless cream corn DR RLP....it is indeed delicious.

Congrats on your Bible prowess - probably much more necessary on the East Coast and the Hinterlands than the West Coast.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2018, 03:18:33 PM »

And on another front, here's an 11+ minute interview with Stormy Daniels' lawyer...Michael Avenatti: There is no NDA, there is no agreement.

John G.

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »

I want to see it.

There's also a bit of a mystery: who is Blue?

It’s a teen romance and an episode of Blue’s Clues all in one? (Sorry for being a smart ass.)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »

I’ll take the fried chicken, Ron.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »

Schadenfreude. ::)

A song from Avenue Q, right?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2018, 03:24:24 PM »

I have just read through 12 resumes for writers. One would think prospective writers would want a resume without errors. Sorry. Apparently this is not important anymore.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2018, 03:30:02 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »

Tomorrow morning, Annabelle goes in for a dental procedure.  Her broken fang will be extracted.  Can I ask you for some vibes for tomorrow?

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »

I know all about the creamless cream corn DR RLP....it is indeed delicious.

Congrats on your Bible prowess - probably much more necessary on the East Coast and the Hinterlands than the West Coast.

It sounds yummy, and yes congrats on your Bible prowess.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »

I have just read through 12 resumes for writers. One would think prospective writers would want a resume without errors. Sorry. Apparently this is not important anymore.

I can imagine not just looking at all the errors in news articles.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »

Tomorrow morning, Annabelle goes in for a dental procedure.  Her broken fang will be extracted.  Can I ask you for some vibes for tomorrow?

MAJOR SURGERY VIBES FOR ANNABELLE, AND VIBES THIS SOLVES HER HEALTH ISSUES!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2018, 04:32:26 PM »

DR Ron I enjoyed reading about your senior lunch event.  Were you one, or the, youngest senior there?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up