Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CANDY AND PIE AND CAKE, OH MY  (Read 4443 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: CANDY AND PIE AND CAKE, OH MY
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »

Page Three ANNIE dance.

I'm preparing my new musical AUNTIE,

Auntie, Auntie , Auntie
Sorry for lying now
Auntie, Auntie, Auntie
I'll use your dying now

Since you've taken sick
I've used you
As a scamming trick

(again, can't imagine this aunt wasn't a lovely person. a shame she was used by her niece in such a way)

;D

Jane

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »

So, I decided I needed something and went to Ralph's, which is open twenty-four hours.  I got two little mini-things and went to the one checkout counter and was there greeted by a moron couple who were checking out with their five HUNDRED dollars of groceries - three full carts - so a long line of people got to stand there for fifteen minutes.

:o Yikes!  Who goes shopping that late and spends that much??

People with a serious case of the munchies.

People that work odd hours and can only shop at that hour.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »

So, I decided I needed something and went to Ralph's, which is open twenty-four hours.  I got two little mini-things and went to the one checkout counter and was there greeted by a moron couple who were checking out with their five HUNDRED dollars of groceries - three full carts - so a long line of people got to stand there for fifteen minutes.

:o Yikes!  Who goes shopping that late and spends that much??

People who need to buy a lot of groceries and go shopping when there are no crowds.

That as well.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2018, 12:48:57 PM »

I hiked my mountain today and brought about three or four pounds of dog poop down.

You are very kind.  The fact that it was there makes me very angry.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »

Fingers crossed DR Jennifer does not get any more snow!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
I have 5 days to read a book before the library takes it back from me.  Since I need to read THE GREAT ALONE for my book discussion group I had better get to reading.  I fear though that I will end up taking a nap instead.

I am curious if I would like The Great Alone.  If you want to finish the other book turn your wifi off until you finish. Might not be practical for you. But I keep the wifi on my kindle off all the time unless I am downloading an e-book.

I have a dedicated Kindle e-reader so I always keep the Wi-Fi turned off.  I download my e-books through the "Transfer via Computer" option so that they NEVER go away. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »

The only e-books that I might put on my phone or tablet are ones that I buy, not if I check them out from the library's OverDrive catalog.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »

I am not a fan of using the self checkout but might have in this instance.

I almost always use the self-checkout because I usually just have a few items and want to get out quickly.

George

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »

Rehearsal last night was about as to be expected - there was a lady there teaching the orphans a bit of singing technique.  She has good technique, but she sure can't sing - she reminded me of Florence Foster Jenkins.....

I will return to rehearsal tonight to sort of see what's going on.....but off on Thursday...and then a read thru on Sunday with the director.

I will say NINETEEN orphans is way too many ORPHANS.....we have more orphans than some orphanages....of the nineteen - 16 of them are okay but the other three make up for it.

NINTEEN??  I don't think that we had that many when I was in Annie, but we had a lot more kids than that when I was in Peter Pan.  Now, THAT was toooo many! :P

George

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »

Page Three ANNIE dance.

I'm preparing my new musical AUNTIE,

Auntie, Auntie , Auntie
Sorry for lying now
Auntie, Auntie, Auntie
I'll use your dying now

Since you've taken sick
I've used you
As a scamming trick

(again, can't imagine this aunt wasn't a lovely person. a shame she was used by her niece in such a way)

Very funny, Fred!

George

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »

Fingers crossed DR Jennifer does not get any more snow!

~~Ditto!!~~~

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »

Me, too, DR JANE.

And I am off to NYC.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »

Well, this is encouraging (but with a caveat, though):  Federal judge in Texas says LGBT workers are protected from employment discrimination.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
I have 5 days to read a book before the library takes it back from me.  Since I need to read THE GREAT ALONE for my book discussion group I had better get to reading.  I fear though that I will end up taking a nap instead.

I am curious if I would like The Great Alone.  If you want to finish the other book turn your wifi off until you finish. Might not be practical for you. But I keep the wifi on my kindle off all the time unless I am downloading an e-book.

I have a dedicated Kindle e-reader so I always keep the Wi-Fi turned off.  I download my e-books through the "Transfer via Computer" option so that they NEVER go away. :)

I would not want a separate reader from the tablet, one more item to carry and need charging ;D

Jane

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »

When purchasing my tablets I go with the one that is best for reading books from the library than the best tablet for everything else.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »

I am not a fan of using the self checkout but might have in this instance.

I almost always use the self-checkout because I usually just have a few items and want to get out quickly.

Maybe if we used it more we would be better at it.  We almost always end up needing some kind of assistance-lol

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »

Me, too, DR JANE.

And I am off to NYC.....

For you too then :)

KevinH

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2018, 05:09:27 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »

Temps in the high 70's/low 80's for the weekend.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2018, 05:12:49 PM »

Nice, enjoy :)

KevinH

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2018, 05:13:17 PM »

Hoping Annabelle's back to her old self soon.

KevinH

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2018, 05:15:08 PM »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »

Wow, so  2 people who needed three carts of food went to the store at a not busy time to avoid the crowds ... What jerks
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2018, 05:29:28 PM »

Annabelle survived the night, with no bleeding or vomiting, and she seems to be getting back to her old self. Neither she nor Thatch was crazy about this morning's salmon paté, so we'll chalk that down as a dud.

Healing vibes for Annabelle!!!

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »

Wow, so  2 people who needed three carts of food went to the store at a not busy time to avoid the crowds ... What jerks

;D

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »

This was fun - Link to the San Antonio Film Commission Facebook page for their "Made in San Antonio" event about the "Viva Max!" film.  The screening John G was at, with our great gratitude.

The talk last Saturday night was built around the "Making Viva Max!" documentary about the film, headed to public TV I think this year, but the San Antonio Film Commissioner gave a shout-out to the musical and handed everyone who came a CD of songs from the musical. (John G- The Film Commissioner seemed to say she actually handed them out herself. I guess it was a way for her to reach out personally directly to the audience.)

They posted information on the event page about the promo CDs of the musical, and that it just had a TRU presentation a few months back - some of the Jan. 15 TRU presentation credits and some Jim Lehrer info, too.
https://www.facebook.com/events/563225624061124/

And the director of the "Making Viva Max!" documentary scheduled for Texas public TV, emailed Skip about re the musical at the address that came with the musical's CD.  (Potential for synergy can't hurt, whenever it is) 

Excellent!    I hope this is just the beginning of great things!

BTW, There was just an article in the local paper that Evan Pappas has just been hired as the director for a new Equiity theatre opening in Babylon Village  out here on Long Island.  When  I read the article I was trying to figure out why the name sounded so familiar, when I just followed the link you provided there he was... Mystery solved

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »

It has been my bitter experience that if someone in front of me at the grocery store around midnight and a bit after - they are spending the money that the the government just put on their EBT or Social Security Card......

But maybe not at Ralphs.

After getting off from work at their second job? Bastards

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »

I hiked my mountain today and brought about three or four pounds of dog poop down.

Boy, you really know how to party!!

George

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »

This was fun - Link to the San Antonio Film Commission Facebook page for their "Made in San Antonio" event about the "Viva Max!" film.  The screening John G was at, with our great gratitude.

The talk last Saturday night was built around the "Making Viva Max!" documentary about the film, headed to public TV I think this year, but the San Antonio Film Commissioner gave a shout-out to the musical and handed everyone who came a CD of songs from the musical. (John G- The Film Commissioner seemed to say she actually handed them out herself. I guess it was a way for her to reach out personally directly to the audience.)

They posted information on the event page about the promo CDs of the musical, and that it just had a TRU presentation a few months back - some of the Jan. 15 TRU presentation credits and some Jim Lehrer info, too.
https://www.facebook.com/events/563225624061124/

And the director of the "Making Viva Max!" documentary scheduled for Texas public TV, emailed Skip about re the musical at the address that came with the musical's CD.  (Potential for synergy can't hurt, whenever it is) 

Excellent!    I hope this is just the beginning of great things!

BTW, There was just an article in the local paper that Evan Pappas has just been hired as the director for a new Equiity theatre opening in Babylon Village  out here on Long Island.  When  I read the article I was trying to figure out why the name sounded so familiar, when I just followed the link you provided there he was... Mystery solved

Also, he played the lead in two recordings with scores by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty:  the original Broadway production of My Favorite Year and the studio cast recording of Lucky $tiff.

George

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »

And now, I'm off to the theater!

Until later!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up