Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME  (Read 5538 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »

5~~~~~

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:45 PM »

I'm home. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:54 PM »

;D

George

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »

Today was a day.  I came into work early and was in another meeting as soon as I got there, and it lasted two and a half hours...shorter than Monday's, so that's good.  Then I went to lunch at Meconi's Subs and saw my friend Russ there.  We chatted a bit, so that was fun.  When I got back to work, I found out that I didn't have any more meetings that afternoon, so that was really good! 

George

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2018, 10:57:50 PM »

I'm not sure if I'll be part of any meetings tomorrow, but I'll make sure I come in early enough, just in case.  The guy who's here (and the reason for all the meetings) is leaving after tomorrow, so Friday should be a completely normal day!  Whew!!

George

« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »

After work, I went to rehearsal and I got put into the big act one finale number, since I missed rehearsal on Monday because of my condo's HOA annual meeting.  It wasn't too difficult...I just need to remember it all.  Then we ran "The Bus Waltz" with the bus props (I know it'll get easier! :-\ ), and then we ran all of act one! 

George

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2018, 11:01:57 PM »

I'm not off book yet, but I don't have a lot of lines in act one, so it won't take me too long to memorize the lines.  I'll need to work a little more on the songs.  I have a few solo lines, but not many.  And the chorus work that I do is not difficult.  I just haven't really had a lot of time to work on memorizing during these last couple of weeks.  But I KNOW I'll get there.

George

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:25 PM »

We have rehearsal tomorrow night, then not again until Monday!  Hoo and Ray!  Three, count 'em, THREE days off! :D

George

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2018, 11:07:42 PM »

Vixmom, Kristi (a Wells Fargo employee) just told me that she, too, had had several contacts with Jennifer Riordan in the course of performing occasional volunteer work.

:(

George

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2018, 11:31:30 PM »

I was just notified that a very dear friend died last month.

Tom, I'm so sorry. :(

George

« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2018, 11:33:05 PM »

~~~Hugs and Vibes of Comfort!!~~~

George

« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2018, 11:37:09 PM »

Cole Porter and Pieces of Eight arrived in my mailbox yesterday.

Mine hasn't arrived, yet.  Hopefully, soon.

George

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2018, 11:39:22 PM »

But what did arrive (in my mailbox when I got home from rehearsal) were two recordings from Jay Records:  The York Theatre Company's new recording of the revised version of The Rothschilds called Rothschild & Sons, and the recently remixed/remastered re-release of the English National Opera's complete cast recording of Pacific Overtures

George

« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2018, 11:40:17 PM »

I'll bring them to work and add them to my pile of "CDs to be listened to."

George

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »

Last night we had FOUR unexcused absences....no calls no messages, just NO SHOW....

All of them ensemble members who are lucky they are even in the show!  They were all gone on Monday, too.  So, they have missed ALL of the dance rehearsals for "I'm Gonna Like It Here", which means we'll have to spend EXTRA time bringing them up to speed when we do the number next....

Really? :o Why keep them on??  Two missed rehearsals with NO advance notice or good enough excuses should get them fired from the show (even if they're not being paid).

George

« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2018, 11:41:13 PM »

Just my 2¢.

George

« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2018, 11:41:24 PM »

Health vibes for DR RonP's mother!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2018, 11:41:43 PM »

Last night, I got kicked out of WIFI while I was posting here.

That happens to me once in a great while.  It usually comes back on fairly shortly, but if not, that means I have to "power cycle" my modem...essentially, unplug the power, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it back on and wait until it's up again, usually not more than another 30 seconds.

George

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2018, 11:41:55 PM »

When I finally woke up, I quickly got ready for bed, climbed under the covers, and then was wide awake.

I hate it when that happens. :P

George

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2018, 11:43:43 PM »

DR DRUXY is writing a play with THREE characters?  It must be an epic.

Great line for MASH on TV:  "featuring a Cast of Several."

I loved the trick used by smallish-cast plays like EQUUS (in the 1970s) and HEISENBERG, and the George C. Scott INHERIT THE WIND had "jurors" - to sell seats on stage, make them a conceptual part of the work. 

The stage never looks under-populated. There have been alternate sales approaches:  EQUUS back then made it students only lower price and the actors (including Richard Burton for his run) sat around and among the usually-young-leaning witnesses to the proceedings; or they might actually be top-price seats, because they indeed are exciting locations.

Spring Awakening did the same.

My friend Margo got to sit on stage during Spring Awakening on Broadway and got to see some naked butt up close! ;)

George

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:09 PM »

I’m waiting for the CT scan and get a call from the doctor’s office saying the insurance company hasn’t approved it yet. Oy.

~~~Scan and Approval Vibes for John!!~~~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up