Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: COMING UP FOR AIR  (Read 4192 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: COMING UP FOR AIR
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »

Successful surgery vibes for John's dear friend Cecil
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »

Did anyone else here ever watch Beanie and Cecil? 

vixmom

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »

I loved that show

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2018, 05:25:27 PM »

Then I finally went and picked up the fixed books, so you all have what would be called the first state of the first edition, as any books that are purchased anywhere from here on in will be the fixed version. :)  Has anyone who actually has the book realized what's off about it?  It's very subtle but I'm curious if anyone has figured that out.

I read the Kindle version.  Was the problem on that, too?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2018, 06:13:54 PM »

And now, I'm off to the theater.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2018, 06:18:51 PM »

Then I finally went and picked up the fixed books, so you all have what would be called the first state of the first edition, as any books that are purchased anywhere from here on in will be the fixed version. :)  Has anyone who actually has the book realized what's off about it?  It's very subtle but I'm curious if anyone has figured that out.

I felt like a sentence was missing on page 139 after the word "home" in the 4th paragraph and the word "she" in the 5th

Nope, just moving the story along.  It isn't a typo or missing thing - I have, thus far, found only two problems in that regard, both minor - one, the beginning of one sentence is off by a space in terms of where it should start on the page - barely noticeable and doubtful anyone could locate it, the other is a missing hyphen, and also barely discernible.  So, so far we've been lucky with this one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2018, 06:20:06 PM »

I read the Kindle version.  Was the problem on that, too?

No, only on the printed edition.  Again, not a typo or missing thing - that I would never stand for.  This is more subtle and doesn't really involve anything in the writing at all.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2018, 06:33:53 PM »

Just found out my friend Cecil has to have some surgery in the very near future. Those HHW vibes would be greatly appreciated.

Vibes for Cecil.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2018, 06:44:57 PM »

Since Keith's birthday is on Saturday we are going to Olympic National Park, leaving tomorrow morning.  I have been told we might not have cell service.  Hopefully we will have wife at the hotels.  Don't be surprised if I am not around much until Tuesday.

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2018, 06:52:22 PM »

Since Keith's birthday is on Saturday we are going to Olympic National Park, leaving tomorrow morning.  I have been told we might not have cell service.  Hopefully we will have wife at the hotels.  Don't be surprised if I am not around much until Tuesday.

You must be going to a real full service hotel, I have never been offered a wife upon check in

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »

And Vixdad better not have been

Jane

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »

You must be going to a real full service hotel, I have never been offered a wife upon check in

I wish I could blame that on autocorrect but I am at my computer

Jane

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »

Hey all, before I go the eBay route, I moved recently and have slowly been going through boxes of stuff in the garage, just to sort out and organize what's out there - and I came upon this treasure trove of souvenir programs, all signed, usually by the entire company and crew -  I have no idea at all where I got these or when, but obviously I got them and I don't really need them.  So, let me tell you what they are and if you're interested just PM me to discuss - separately or as one lot, but I'm not interested to just "give" them away, if you get my meaning.  Nor am I looking to overcharge or be stupid.  Most of these are signed to someone named Jerry, who was involved in the tour, or his friend Marjorie.  There are several souvenir programs for Hello, Dolly - they include, Mary Martin (signed by her and the company, including Loring Smith, Marilynn Lovell, Carlton Carpenter, etc.  The Dorothy Lamour tour, signed by  Lamour, Eric Brotherson and everyone else.  The Betty Grable tour, signed by Grable, Max Showalter, Billie Hayes (!), Danny Lockin, and everyone else, including tour director Lucia Victor.  The Channing tour, signed boldly by her, Milo Boulton, Rex Robbins, and everyone else.  An Oliver souvenir program signed by three members of the tour cast, including Robin Ramsey and Maura K. Wedge, and Danny Sewell. The D'Oyly Carte Opera Company signed by everyone.  The Lincoln Center 1960s Carousel, signed by John Raitt, Eileen Christy, Susan Watson, Jerry Orbach, Benay Venuta, Edward Everett Horton, and others.  Man of La Mancha, signed by Keith Andes, Natalie Costa, Tony Martinez, Earle McVeigh, Sandy Kenyon and everyone else.  Any Wednesday, signed by Larry Parks, Monica Moran (Thelma Ritter's daughter, and Richard Roat.  And last but hardly least, the souvenir program for I Do! I Do! signed to Robert by Mary Martin and Robert Preston.  On the Mary Martin page paper-clipped in is a photo of a young boy in a hat.  No idea if that's Robert or what.  Also laid in is the smaller program.  So, PM me if anyone is interested.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2018, 07:45:26 PM »

Dorothy Lamour program may be spoken for, depending on the offer.  Speak quickly, these will all go fast, especially the Martin/Preston and the Martin Dolly.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »

A prayers and vibes for healing for Ron's mom
Continued prayers and vibes of comfort to our Tom

A double dose —and more for Ron, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »

Dottie Lamour gone.  Grable is being discussed. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2018, 09:15:28 PM »

Good night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »

It is quiet here tonight.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »

I need to get up early tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »

'night

George

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2018, 11:35:15 PM »

Me, either...fortunately.

;)

George

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »

Very fortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up