Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: COMING UP FOR AIR  (Read 4183 times)

ChasSmith

Re: COMING UP FOR AIR
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2018, 09:13:19 AM »

DR ChasSmith, I'm your date.  I'm in D 107. July 7 matinee.

Excellent! It's officially a par-tay!

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »

Yay!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:59 AM »

I shall not be in NYC on July 7....however I will be IN "NYC" June 7-10 and June 13-16.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »

I shall not be in NYC on July 7....however I will be IN "NYC" June 7-10 and June 13-16.

Is that when DR Elmore is going to be here in Ohio?  If so, maybe we can take a little road trip to Indiana...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2018, 09:23:09 AM »

Is that when DR Elmore is going to be here in Ohio?  If so, maybe we can take a little road trip to Indiana...

I'm still waiting for Justin to confirm the possible library dates.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »

I'm still waiting for Justin to confirm the possible library dates.

The only things I have on the calendar after June 4 (when we return from a 2-week driving trip), are a midday DAR thing on the 9th and book group the evening of the 21st.

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »

Haven't posted about dreams in a while, and I've had a few classic doozies lately, so here are last night's two:

One involved some laundry. I suddenly realized I hadn't moved a large load from either the washer or the dryer (yes, it's ambiguous), and I rushed into the laundry room to pull the stuff out before someone else needed to use it, AND before they'd see that I'd had to wash this one big thing which seemed to be a thick comforter or some such. I was dismayed to find it still folded into a near little bundle, just as I'd put it in there, instead of having gotten properly opened up and thoroughly cleaned (or dried) as you'd expect. It was slightly damp, but I decided to set it aside, put the other stuff away, and I'd do it over again later. Not sure what, if anything, happened next.

The other dream (or other part of that one) was yet another variation on one of my classic themes, that of returning to one of the offices where I'd worked. Too complicated to attempt to describe, but usually in these I'm working there again (or still?), and this one had to do with wanting to revisit one department or part of the building where supplies used to be kept, and I think where some of us (in the dream) used to work in the past. Every time I thought I was going in the right direction to get there, I'd see all these people coming out to go home, and though I thought I'd just spotted a few people I knew, invariably they were nowhere to be found and it was just these hordes of strangers. Along with this segment was another classic variation on the office theme, that of re-exploring the corridors in a two- or three-storied building that was sort of recognizable as one of the places I'd worked in real life, many many years ago. (In Beverly Hills, in fact, the original Litton Industries buildings, an old one and a newer one, on Crescent Drive.)

Oy!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2018, 09:27:31 AM »

I asked Val to change the bulbs in my kitchen ceiling light.  I can no longer risk the ladder and maneuver 10 feet off the ground, so he came up an accomplished it in less than 10 minutes. Annabelle loves him and they had some flirtation time together so she's very happy at the moment. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2018, 09:40:53 AM »

Last night I had a doozy of a dream.  The New York City Gay Men's Chorus, with whom I've had no contact since 2013, was doing the Big Band Concert "Ten Cents A Dance" from 1988.  The only persons I remember in the dream were the late Marty Christian. former executive director and AIDS victim, and Diana Montague, my Aunt Minnie from my Roberta recording.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »

I shall have to see if I can find the Dream-O-Matic 6000 and feed this information into it.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »

I had always pictured the Dream-O-Matic 6000 to be something on the order of a small mainframe computer. But if DR Jrand67 has to see if he can FIND it...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »

Happy news from John G.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »

One e-mail is fine as long as both titles are referenced.

Thanks, I did.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2018, 11:55:31 AM »

I hear that a film of Bandstand is going to be in the theater in June.  I enjoyed that score, even though the lyrics were anachronistic. I didn’t have time to see it last year, so this could be fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »

One week until vacation. So much to do before then.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »

Have fun :)

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2018, 12:20:56 PM »

I asked Val to change the bulbs in my kitchen ceiling light.  I can no longer risk the ladder and maneuver 10 feet off the ground, so he came up an accomplished it in less than 10 minutes. Annabelle loves him and they had some flirtation time together so she's very happy at the moment. 

I think Val is a very dear person.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2018, 12:23:24 PM »

Got a call this morning from the doctor. The CT scan has been covered. What a relief.

I am extremely relieved.  I feared you would have a bill for thousands of dollars.  You might want to explore costs options if you ever have to pay for the CT scan.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »

Got a call this morning from the doctor. The CT scan has been covered. What a relief.

Good!

It sounded to me like a glitch in the system (which of course is full of glitches), more than a final refusal and a pounding of the gavel.

Thanks. I think it was more a rush job. The ultrasound was a Monday and this was only two days later. Whatever the reason, I’m happy with the outcome. Now if the outcome of the test is that good ...

Good result vibes!

John G.

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »

I am extremely relieved.  I feared you would have a bill for thousands of dollars.  You might want to explore costs options if you ever have to pay for the CT scan.

The max would have been $600, which is what I have to pay before the rest of the year’s medical expenses are covered.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2018, 12:50:32 PM »

Can I go home now?
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2018, 01:23:49 PM »

WHEW!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:01 PM »

Good!

It sounded to me like a glitch in the system (which of course is full of glitches), more than a final refusal and a pounding of the gavel.

Thanks. I think it was more a rush job. The ultrasound was a Monday and this was only two days later. Whatever the reason, I’m happy with the outcome. Now if the outcome of the test is that good ...

~~~Vibes for the Desired CT Scan Outcome!!~~~

George

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »

I agree DR GEORGE - but then we would end up with two people in the cast......

There is that. ::) But you could tell them that because of their behavior this time, you'll never cast them EVER AGAIN in the future.  I have known directors who've said that, and have NOT cast certain people (on subsequent projects), even though they're good actors and give good auditions.

George

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:37 PM »

I hear that a film of Bandstand is going to be in the theater in June.  I enjoyed that score, even though the lyrics were anachronistic. I didn’t have time to see it last year, so this could be fun.

That would be cool!  I hope it plays around here.

John G.

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »

Listening to Mary Testa in First Daughter Suite playing Barbara Bush.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »

Just found out my friend Cecil has to have some surgery in the very near future. Those HHW vibes would be greatly appreciated.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »

Listening to Mary Testa in First Daughter Suite playing Barbara Bush.

I actually have that here in my office, along with First Lady Suite.  I only got them both recently and haven't listened to either, yet.  Soon...I will soon!

John G.

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:44 PM »

BK, are the new releases opt in or will they be shipped automatically?
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up