Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO THE JOG  (Read 4086 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: BACK TO THE JOG
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43:06 AM »

Post deleted.  sometimes there are no words.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:08:58 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43:30 AM »

Page 2!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 07:02:03 AM »

Mucho Mega  vibes to Chas and friends stuck clearing trees and covering broken roofs in this mess

Ditto.

Jane

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 07:08:42 AM »

I spoke to our DR ChasSmith. It was a short call. I feel I'm wasting his time while there are more pressing matters to be attended to.

He was able with his phone to access HHW briefly last night.  He says that none of us has any idea of the scope of the mess, and I understand completely.  It's most essential to clear the driveway of the fallen trees.  Until then, the propane company cannot reach the house to refill the generator tanks and there's no info on when the utility company can restore power and wifi to the house.  If the generator dies before power is restored, it's going to be bad.

I think now I can imagine what his driveway might look like.  I hope some of his help is from professional tree people.

Jane

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 07:09:36 AM »

VIBES THE DRIVEWAY IS CLEARED AND THE POWER IS RESTORED BEFORE THE GENERATOR GOES OUT!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:14:01 AM by Jane »

Laura

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 07:11:51 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 07:12:35 AM »

Vixmom, I imagine I will be Grandma. The other grandma will be Lola.

Laura

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 07:13:04 AM »

Sending vibes to Chas for the recovery from the storm.

Laura

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 07:15:00 AM »

I hope you have a better day today, TCB.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 07:22:33 AM »

Major vibes for DR Chas!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »

TOD:

Steve Buscemi

I tried to come up with a female weird actress, but couldn't. I even Googled "weird-looking female actresses" and all the images it pulled up looked perfectly lovely and normal, except for Rachel Dratch and she's not my favorite. When I Googled "weird-looking male actors", the first six images were of Steve Buscemi, which I thought was funny because I thought of him immediately, before I looked it up, and my opinion was wholeheartedly confirmed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »

Sean Young.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - not quite seven hours of sleep, maybe even closer to six.  The helper is supposed to come this morning to get invoices but I think to him this morning means noon. 

Jane

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »

DR TCB I hope you are feeling better today.  I am sorry your missed out on your pizza yesterday.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 10:01:01 AM »

I have received this email to post to you all from our DR ChasSmith.  I hope it answers all questions and concerns until he's back with us:
I was just able to log in and read this morning’s posts, tried to post one myself, and lost the whole damned thing because this cell bandwidth barely cuts it.

First, I’m so sorry I had to run so quickly this morning. I had to answer a distress call re some fresh hell. And to DR Elmore, please know you are no bother at all. Your calls have been a bright spot in the day.

No professionals can help because no one can even get to our driveway, let alone come up it. Our road is still blocked from both directions. All the work being done thus far is by us and a few neighbors. Only when there’s public access will we be able to get professionals in here.

I’ll post pictures to shock and awe when I have proper internet access. These will truly be worth a thousand words.

As for generator, we’re good for several days, and as soon as people can come up the driveway, I can have the fuel company come out to refill the propane tanks. With this generator, we’re living in the lap of luxury compared to those without. But we can’t even get the insurance people up here till things are cleared. Literally everything is waiting for that to happen.

Please give my best to everyone, and my sincere thanks for the good wishes!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »

Good afternoon, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »

Recovery vibes for DR ChasSmith. Sounds most intense.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »

Good to have that e-mail.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »

Oh my. 

We had a long private dirt road going to our Ashland home that was maintained by the 6 lots.  Thanks goodness we never had to deal with that kind of mess.  A few times we had flooding on the road.  Fortunately we had a long and excellent relationship with the guy who did our regular maintenance.  On a Sunday, with out of town company at his house, he still rushed over to fix a section of the road above us so the people could drive home.  Keith went up with a shovel and helped the neighbors and the crew working to fill in the road.  We also helped, along with the stranded neighbors, to pay for the work.  I remember what a mess it was.  We also had trees down on our lot next to the driveway but not on it.  Oh, and because the rains were continuing we cancelled a visit to L.A. because our neighbors were going to Hawaii.  If we didn't cancel they would have had to.  The joys of country living.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2018, 10:40:18 AM »

CONTINUED MESS CLEANING VIBES FOR DR CHAS!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »

NO INJURY VIBES WHILE CLEANING UP THE MESS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2018, 11:12:49 AM »

VIBES THE DRIVEWAY IS CLEARED AND THE POWER IS RESTORED BEFORE THE GENERATOR GOES OUT,

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »

I have received this email to post to you all from our DR ChasSmith.  I hope it answers all questions and concerns until he's back with us:
I was just able to log in and read this morning’s posts, tried to post one myself, and lost the whole damned thing because this cell bandwidth barely cuts it.

First, I’m so sorry I had to run so quickly this morning. I had to answer a distress call re some fresh hell. And to DR Elmore, please know you are no bother at all. Your calls have been a bright spot in the day.

No professionals can help because no one can even get to our driveway, let alone come up it. Our road is still blocked from both directions. All the work being done thus far is by us and a few neighbors. Only when there’s public access will we be able to get professionals in here.

I’ll post pictures to shock and awe when I have proper internet access. These will truly be worth a thousand words.

As for generator, we’re good for several days, and as soon as people can come up the driveway, I can have the fuel company come out to refill the propane tanks. With this generator, we’re living in the lap of luxury compared to those without. But we can’t even get the insurance people up here till things are cleared. Literally everything is waiting for that to happen.

Please give my best to everyone, and my sincere thanks for the good wishes!

Thanks for posting ChasSmith's update, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2018, 11:13:05 AM »

Congratulations on your excellent savings trip George

Thanks, Vixmom! 

Jane

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »

On my last FM trip I did not use as many coupons as you did.  I would have purchased some Haagen-Daz ice cream using a coupon but the original price was too high.  I didn't have time to use my apparel coupon.  I like their belts and slippers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »

DR CHAS SMITH's post makes anything happening here seem inconsequential....

We are having our elm tree removed and our silver maple topped and our crab apple tree trimmed.....of course my brother came down and said that the man was cutting himself some firewood, and I said the tree man could do pretty much what he wanted.....then my brother left.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings from HOME!  I had a very smooth 5-hour drive from my sister’s and now I have 3 days to get ready to go away for 2 weeks with Richard.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »

Start getting ready NOW DR GINNY!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2018, 02:25:38 PM »

I am now on my way to impersonate FDR and tell some kid that her parents kicked the bucket.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »

Oh and sing, too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up