Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 88  (Read 6038 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 88
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:14 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:21 PM »

Finally.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Page four? Really?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:43 PM »

What's this page four malarkey?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »

I'm off to bed.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »

I am too sleepy to read tonight.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2018, 10:18:52 PM »

Or post.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2018, 10:19:44 PM »

'night

FJL

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2018, 10:31:23 PM »

Jane, I just sent you a PM, to make sure it's the one you're talking about.  If it is, it also seems to have a free shuttle for getting around locally, which is great.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2018, 10:31:24 PM »

Back from the presentation at the Group Rep.  Several actors there presented a rather long bunch of songs from Avenue Q - they would like to do the show.  They all invited their nearest and dearest, which isn't really the purpose of the Monday night presentations, so we had lots of whopping and hollering and screaming laughter.  Surprisingly, I've never seen the show.  What I saw and heard seemed awfully smart-assy to me, but I know it was a huge hit so obviously when it's done with all the scenes it must work better than just hearing songs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2018, 10:32:19 PM »

I stopped at Gelson's on the way home, went to their seafood bar and got some low-calorie seafood things, which I am now eating whilst listening to the piano concertos of Darius Milhaud.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2018, 10:32:36 PM »

What is this page four malarky?  Very unseemly.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2018, 10:45:06 PM »

Today, I'm taking the day off from work so that I can go to my parents' house and help my mom do stuff (I have no idea what) as a birthday present for her (her birthday is June 16).  She's having some kind of foot surgery on Wednesday and wants to get some things done before then, so I took the day off.  However, I realized yesterday that I actually need to go into work for at least a couple of hours so that I can get the credit card bill paid (it's due on the 5th of each month).  I didn't have time to pay it on Friday, and I NEED to get it done before tomorrow morning.  My mom wants me to come over between 10 or 11 a.m., so I'll try to get to work by 9 or so.  That should give me enough time to get it all done.

Well, today was quite the day.  I went in to work, expecting to have to rush through paying the credit card, but I actually called over to the business department to confirm that they needed it first thing tomorrow morning and was told that they don't actually need it until the NEXT day, so I have all day tomorrow to work on it!  Reprieve! ;D I instantly shut down my computer and hied myself over to my parents' house to help my mom do whatever yard work that she wanted me to do as her birthday present. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2018, 10:49:10 PM »

It turns out that my mom wanted to cut down some (actually, a LOT of) branches of overgrown trees and things.  We started with the electric chain saw and cut down some dead trees, and dead branches, and overgrown branches, and just a lot of plantstuffs.  We worked for a few hours on that and for most of the morning, the weather was pretty comfortable.  We got quite a bit done during that first part of the day.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »

It started sprinkling, although it never really started "raining," but since I was using an electric chain saw, I wasn't comfortable working with the potential of being electrocuted. ;) We took a break and decided to play Phase 10 and my dad joined us in the game. 

George

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »

I won! :D

George

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2018, 10:54:30 PM »

By this point, the sprinkling had stopped (and never returned) and we were all kind of hungry, so my mom and I went to Costco to get some Costco dogs for all of us.  Mom and I walked around Costco (she also wanted to get some potting soil and taste all the samples that they had) and then we went to the deli.  She and I ate our dogs there, and brought back one for my dad.

George

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »

We worked on the back yard some more.  As we (I) cut down branches and things, we tossed them over the fence on one side of their house so that they'd be in one big pile that could be taken to the dump's yard waste section.

George

« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2018, 11:02:12 PM »

It's kind of hard to see (especially since I had to reduce the size of the picture twice), but all of the branches in front of the fence are what my mom and I cut down and piled up.

George

« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »

Before this morning, there was NOTHING in front of the fence.

George

« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2018, 11:06:36 PM »

We cut things up in the front yard as necessary, which completely filled their big blue yard waste container, which was in addition to everything in the picture.  A LOT of yard waste was removed and my mom is very happy at the results...and that I was willing to do all of that for her birthday present. :)

George

« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2018, 11:09:34 PM »

By this time, she was thinking of what to have/do for dinner, but I wasn't quite hungry yet because of the Costco hot dog, so I suggested another game of Phase 10.  She said that that was a good idea and that we'd all probably be hungry again after another game.  We played and mom won this time.

George

« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2018, 11:11:10 PM »

We were thinking about where we'd all like to go and she mentioned that the week before, she had gone with some friends to a fairly new Mexican place and had their lunch buffet and had really liked it.  It was too late for the lunch buffet, but we all decided to see what their dinner menu was like. 

George

« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2018, 11:14:23 PM »

The place is called Puerto Vallarta Restaurant and it was very good!  When we got there, they didn't just give us tortilla chips and salsa, we also got (and they regularly give for free!) some pico de gallo AND refried beans to dip your chips in!  I'd never seen that before.  I'd definitely go there again just for that!

George

« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2018, 11:17:37 PM »

And guess what I got!

George

« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2018, 11:18:14 PM »

Enchiladas with rice and beans!

George

« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2018, 11:19:22 PM »

The sour cream was extra, though.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2018, 11:20:01 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2018, 11:20:16 PM »

One more post.