Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE QUIET TREES  (Read 3325 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE QUIET TREES
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

Break legs for Jrand.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

Vibes for all who need them.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »

;D

Jane

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »

We were shocked to have stayed in our Ashland home for 18 years.  It was the longest stretch in any home for both of us.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »

Thanks for the vibes.  I need them today, either my allergies or bad or I am coming down with a cold.  I can not be sick until after June 28th.

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »

Four days of 90+ degree temps are predicted....HOT ANNIE!

Isn’t that the one playing at the Pussycat?

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »

Richard and I delivered my bicycle to the AAUW Garage Sale site.  It's an almost 40-year-old Schwinn 3-speed, in great condition.  I decided at my age, considering all the blood thinning medication I take, I have no business risking a broken bone or bleeding injury.  We'd have donated Richard's bike, too, but Rob wants it so he can keep up with Mary Linda.  She has a nice, newer, 10-speed.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »

Annabelle has been sneezing like mad, so that seems to imply her nasal passages are unblocked.  I have her a treat a couple of hours ago and she ate it out of my hand.  As long as she's eating, I can cope.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »

Thatch has discovered that he can burrow under the quilt I keep at the foot of my bed, so he's been hiding there all afternoon.  He only came out when Annabelle walked on top of him but now he's gone back into hiding.  It's all very cute.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2018, 01:01:59 PM »

Richard and I delivered my bicycle to the AAUW Garage Sale site.  It's an almost 40-year-old Schwinn 3-speed, in great condition.  I decided at my age, considering all the blood thinning medication I take, I have no business risking a broken bone or bleeding injury.  We'd have donated Richard's bike, too, but Rob wants it so he can keep up with Mary Linda.  She has a nice, newer, 10-speed.

I miss my 40-year-old Schwinn 10-speed. I first got a beautiful burgundy Schwinn "Continental" in 1973 or thereabouts, which was stolen. (That's an interesting story in itself, in how absolutely ignorant I was back then in taking the necessary precautions.) A few years later I replaced it with another Schwinn 10-speed, just plain old silver and I don't remember if it had a model name, and that thing lasted me about ten years. I really do want to have one again because I would absolutely ride it around the neighborhood or wherever. But it's never quite reached the priority list.

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2018, 01:03:17 PM »

Annabelle has been sneezing like mad, so that seems to imply her nasal passages are unblocked.  I have her a treat a couple of hours ago and she ate it out of my hand.  As long as she's eating, I can cope.

Oh boy, do I ever know what you mean. Been there, so many times.

Good girl!

Jane

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »

I don't dare get on a bike again though it would be fun.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2018, 01:07:10 PM »

Good to hear.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »

When I was cleaning it up yesterday, I was so tempted to hop on my bike and take a spin around the block.  Then I thought about the fun trip we have planned to NYC in a few weeks...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »

One of my dance instructors is on blood thinners. Last night, he was showing a tango step when his nose started to bleed. A few minutes before it had been dripping from allergies. I noticed the blood before he did and got him quickly off the floor.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 03:09:15 PM »

Oh, my goodness!  Josh and Sara started doing this sung comedy bit about writing a musical about the Tony Awards, but about a minute into the song, the station interrupted the show with three, count 'em, THREE comnercials, and then it came back to the show as their song ended! >:( WTF??

The whole Colbert segment is here.  The song is at the end, with all three of them (including S. Colbert)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vjN78Eroo

FJL

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2018, 03:10:50 PM »

Four days of 90+ degree temps are predicted....HOT ANNIE!

Isn’t that the one playing at the Pussycat?

Wasn't that "Little Often Annie"  (I think we've linked the imdb page for that one before, but it can't be linked too often)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188841/fullcredits

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:13:48 PM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »

I've finished the second edit through "The Company way" and I'm closing shop for the night.  My mind is fried.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »

Oh, my goodness!  Josh and Sara started doing this sung comedy bit about writing a musical about the Tony Awards, but about a minute into the song, the station interrupted the show with three, count 'em, THREE comnercials, and then it came back to the show as their song ended! >:( WTF??

The whole Colbert segment is here.  The song is at the end, with all three of them (including S. Colbert)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vjN78Eroo

Thanks for the link, Fred!  I was wondering if the song would be available on-line. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »

Back from some lunch with Grant (I was planning on eating here, but he wanted to go out) - Mel's Diner - had a sandwich and a side salad.  Then I picked up packages, heard the new track, which was just right, and am now listening to more music - Vince Mendoza.  Then I may watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2018, 04:06:42 PM »

I gotta tell you.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »

When I was cleaning it up yesterday, I was so tempted to hop on my bike and take a spin around the block.  Then I thought about the fun trip we have planned to NYC in a few weeks...

Yup, and I think about all the pain I still suffer in my shoulder which is nothing compared to the pain I endured when I injured it.

KevinH

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »

I win....we moved here in 1971....47 years ago.

Only 33 years for me.

KevinH

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »

Page 3?

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »

Break a leg, DR Jrand!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »

Only 33 years for me.

That is a long time.

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2018, 04:43:55 PM »

I miss my 40-year-old Schwinn 10-speed. I first got a beautiful burgundy Schwinn "Continental" in 1973 or thereabouts, which was stolen. (That's an interesting story in itself, in how absolutely ignorant I was back then in taking the necessary precautions.) A few years later I replaced it with another Schwinn 10-speed, just plain old silver and I don't remember if it had a model name, and that thing lasted me about ten years. I really do want to have one again because I would absolutely ride it around the neighborhood or wherever. But it's never quite reached the priority list.

All the talk about Schwinn bikes reminded me of this:  our next door neighbor in Buffalo was a wonderful older lady named Gert.  When I was about 12 years old my friend and I were riding our bikes on the main shopping street in South Buffalo.  We had stopped at a store and who should come along but Gert.  She gave us a nice greeting.  I showed her my new bike and she exclaimed how nice it was.  Now if you remember, the word "Schwinn" was (is?) writtten cursive-style on the bike.  I guess the last two letters weren't clear so Gert said "and it's a "SCHWIRR!"

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »

Only 33 years for me.

That is a long time.

Yes, DR Jane.  I kind of wish I had moved to a bigger condo years ago, but it is nice that I no longer have a mortgage payment.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:06:17 PM by KevinH »

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2018, 04:46:49 PM »

Almost 4!

KevinH

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »

One more!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up