Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TONY BASH  (Read 4764 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE TONY BASH
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »

But let's get to Page 2.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Another slow start for me today, puttering until it's time to go to the public library for an AAUW board meeting.  Much to celebrate tonight because our garage sale made $3369.91 - a record amount!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »

DR ELMORE everything you say about our current title holder is so...I just think there are more appropriate places for the calling out.  Stating the obvious is really no cause for celebration.

He LOVES having his name mentioned, being talked about, and discussed, etc.  The thing he would hate the most is to NOT be talked about or mentioned or even thought of at all....so I do what he would hate the most.

He is just temporary.  As I wrote here before....it seems to me the Universe will rid us of him in October, 2019....just a bit longer....we are stronger than he is.

All very true.

Jane

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 09:05:13 AM »

Fun pic DR Jrand

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 10:06:33 AM »

Made it to Denver. Boarding soon. I swapped my aisle seat on the two-hour flight here with someone separated from his wife. The new seat was on the window but had much more leg room. I somehow managed to get an aisle seat on this flight. I won’t give it up.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 10:14:22 AM »

Travel vibes for DR John G!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 11:00:53 AM »

Continued travel vibes to DR JOHN G.

That's a big sale DR GINNY.

Thanks DR JANE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:01 AM »

Proofed the chart that came late last night, and gave corrections just now, so he'll track that today and it's pretty simple.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »

I saw all the numbers on YouTube before going to bed - the nadir was Mean Girls - the lyrics, those awful declamatory I am this person, I do this thing - just awful.  I run hot and cold on David Yazbek's work - it was in the middle for the Omar Sharif song.  The Spongebob number was like every other big, splashy and completely dopey tap number done in the last ten years - they are literally all the same.  It's like they now have a template for these numbers and the Mean Girls number.  Blow High just went on too long and the choreographer's show-off ballet stuff for his ballet dancers was, for me, tiresome after the first minute.  I know most people like his work, though.  I have to go back and watch Get Me to the Church on my DVD - I don't remember the guys as girls bit at all but it has to be there - maybe I dozed off because I found that number fairly dreadful.  And the Once on this Island thing - I've never loved the show and I know everyone worships at the alter of this director, but I do not like his work and have never liked his work.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2018, 11:34:39 AM »

Because of the camera work, I missed several of the people the In Memoriam section.  I thought the camera work for the most part was dreadful.

I loved how they did this segment for the most part. But I agree that the camera sometimes went too far out and it was hard to read the names. That is unacceptable.

I guess I didn't pay as much attention during the broadcast because I didn't notice parts that I couldn't read. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 11:42:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: SCRUTATOR!

Is that the hillbilly version of "American Pie"??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »

I hated the numbers from MEAN GIRLS and SPONGEBOB...and I hate to think of the day that will soon be here that these two shows will be produced by community theatres and high schools ...

A nearby theatre is doing HEATHERS....

I have a couple of friends who would LOVE to do the HEATHERS musical.  They just LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::)

George

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »

Me and some urchins backstage yesterday....

Nice picture, Jrand.

George

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Another slow start for me today, puttering until it's time to go to the public library for an AAUW board meeting.  Much to celebrate tonight because our garage sale made $3369.91 - a record amount!

Wow, Ginny!  That's great!

George

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »

FJL

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »

Yesterday afternoon there was a LOT of rain.....so the stage crew closed the traveler so folks could make crosses and not be seen by the audience - usually if they have an entrance on the other side, they walk out the door and use the side walk to get there.

BUT with the traveler closed, the way I go on with my wheelchair is blocked....no one seems to have considered that.....so I talked to the stage manager and he said they would open the traveler a few lines before I had to go on.

So my pusher took me center stage...where they opened the traveler about half a page before my entrance....so I just observed the party through the window....

FDR is watching you!  Watch out, DR JRand67; you are becoming Orwellian.

If you can get the rights, Jrand, maybe you could do "Waving Through a Window" from 2017 Tonys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlw8hp_vzec

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »

I wish I had thought of that DR FJL....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2018, 01:20:45 PM »

Four more edits finished.  Three to go: Paris Original, Rosemary, and Act One Finale.  I see a check in my future.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2018, 02:32:07 PM »

Good afternoon.

Laura

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2018, 02:32:34 PM »

It looks like my friend will be released from the hospital tomorrow. She has been sick since March.

Laura

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »

I have a few minutes, so I will begin watching youtube clips.

George

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »

I have a few minutes, so I will begin watching youtube clips.

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »

Had Taco Bell today.  The one package supposedly coming today has been delayed until Thursday - I may have to have a leeeeetle conversation with Amazon about that.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2018, 03:26:26 PM »

It looks like my friend will be released from the hospital tomorrow. She has been sick since March.

That is a long time in the hospital.  I am very pleased she will be returning home and wish her a full recovery.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »

I just had a phone call from my friend Peter Clem.  Our friend Page Jackson died sometime last night or today.  I will miss him and his very acerbic wit.

George

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2018, 04:24:08 PM »

I just had a phone call from my friend Peter Clem.  Our friend Page Jackson died sometime last night or today.  I will miss him and his very acerbic wit.

Oh, no.  My condolences. :(

Jane

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »

My condolences DR elmore :(

Laura

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »

I'm sorry about your friend, Elmore.

Laura

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:41 PM »

I watched several of the clips. Nothing interested me, really.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up