Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TONY BASH  (Read 4787 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE TONY BASH
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes won a Tony, and now it is time for you to post until the award-winning cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE TONY BASH
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:08:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: SCRUTATOR!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:21:51 AM »

I gotta tell  you.

ChasSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:53:26 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 03:54:06 AM »

First, because I'm up early to be ready for whenever today's work people arrive.

ChasSmith

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 03:58:36 AM »

Sorry I had to miss the bash last night. I read through it before going to sleep.

From what I saw, once we were past the opening number which, as they usually do, completely mystified me, it was a somewhat more straightforward awards show than so many have been lately, even with the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I couldn't really watch closely, so I am no judge.

ChasSmith

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 04:02:39 AM »

One thing that occurred to me is that the presenters and recipients know better how to dress than those on the other shows. It seemed to be an uptick in dignity on that front. But again, what do I know.

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:03:58 AM »

Well, I must get going. I wish everyone well for the day, and I'll be back at some point this afternoon or evening.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 04:11:55 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 04:12:55 AM »

I think the only recent musical I’ve bought is The Band’s Visit, which I really enjoy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 04:36:12 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 04:37:54 AM »

I got tired of Groban and Barelles really fast.  As soon as they began their final duet, I turned out the lights. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 04:38:57 AM »

Because of the camera work, I missed several of the people the In Memoriam section.  I thought the camera work for the most part was dreadful.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 04:41:41 AM »

This lemming approved of all the political comments.  We have a childish asshole who cannot control himself running this country as though he's a dictator of a little banana republic, and his behavior at G-7 was appalling. His behavior on twitter is an embarrassment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 04:42:19 AM »

And speaking of Donald Trump, I have to clean a litter box.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 05:51:33 AM »

I don't care if you like Trump or not, but what DeNiro said on the show last night was out-of-line, as was the audience's reaction.

PERIOD. 

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 06:50:16 AM »

Because of the camera work, I missed several of the people the In Memoriam section.  I thought the camera work for the most part was dreadful.

I loved how they did this segment for the most part. But I agree that the camera sometimes went too far out and it was hard to read the names. That is unacceptable.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 06:51:03 AM »

I got tired of Groban and Barelles really fast.  As soon as they began their final duet, I turned out the lights. 

I actually loved them and thought that they were great. They weren't the typical kind of host. But I really enjoyed how they worked together. And I loved their singing together.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 07:09:03 AM »

I agree that an awards ceremony is not the place for political statements.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 07:57:19 AM »

I ended up liking Josh and Sarah....mostly because NONE of their songs/routines went on forever....but seemed about right.

And yes the clothes folks were wearing were very nice and appropriate...and nice to look at.  I like to see folks dress up.  The actress from CAROUSEL who won a Tony looked especially lovely.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 08:01:27 AM »

DR ELMORE everything you say about our current title holder is so...I just think there are more appropriate places for the calling out.  Stating the obvious is really no cause for celebration.

He LOVES having his name mentioned, being talked about, and discussed, etc.  The thing he would hate the most is to NOT be talked about or mentioned or even thought of at all....so I do what he would hate the most.

He is just temporary.  As I wrote here before....it seems to me the Universe will rid us of him in October, 2019....just a bit longer....we are stronger than he is.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 08:01:46 AM »

Congrats to MR BK on his millstone.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 08:03:49 AM »

My favorite number from the Tony Awards last night was the Blow High, Blow Low song and dance from CAROUSEL.  I was sorry to hear from MR BK's post that the rest of the production doesn't follow through...

I am like DR GEORGE....what are the drag queens doing in MY FAIR LADY?  There has to be a reason all of the dancing folks in that pub were dressed like saloon girls from BONANZA....and why was Eliza so OLD?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 08:05:07 AM »

I hated the numbers from MEAN GIRLS and SPONGEBOB...and I hate to think of the day that will soon be here that these two shows will be produced by community theatres and high schools ...

A nearby theatre is doing HEATHERS....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 08:07:59 AM »

Yesterday afternoon there was a LOT of rain.....so the stage crew closed the traveler so folks could make crosses and not be seen by the audience - usually if they have an entrance on the other side, they walk out the door and use the side walk to get there.

BUT with the traveler closed, the way I go on with my wheelchair is blocked....no one seems to have considered that.....so I talked to the stage manager and he said they would open the traveler a few lines before I had to go on.

So my pusher took me center stage...where they opened the traveler about half a page before my entrance....so I just observed the party through the window....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »

Lots of me on this page.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 08:12:33 AM »

Me and some urchins backstage yesterday....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 08:26:31 AM »

DR ELMORE everything you say about our current title holder is so...I just think there are more appropriate places for the calling out.  Stating the obvious is really no cause for celebration.

He LOVES having his name mentioned, being talked about, and discussed, etc.  The thing he would hate the most is to NOT be talked about or mentioned or even thought of at all....so I do what he would hate the most.

He is just temporary.  As I wrote here before....it seems to me the Universe will rid us of him in October, 2019....just a bit longer....we are stronger than he is.

I sure hope you are right about 2019! 

The theatre  has been political since Aristophanes; I may not agree with a winner's comments - political or non-political - but I support their right to comment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:16 AM »

Yesterday afternoon there was a LOT of rain.....so the stage crew closed the traveler so folks could make crosses and not be seen by the audience - usually if they have an entrance on the other side, they walk out the door and use the side walk to get there.

BUT with the traveler closed, the way I go on with my wheelchair is blocked....no one seems to have considered that.....so I talked to the stage manager and he said they would open the traveler a few lines before I had to go on.

So my pusher took me center stage...where they opened the traveler about half a page before my entrance....so I just observed the party through the window....

FDR is watching you!  Watch out, DR JRand67; you are becoming Orwellian.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »

I have to visit my bank before the day gets too warm and before my Medicare check is overdrawn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up