Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY I NEITHER LIKED NOR DISLIKED  (Read 3452 times)

Ginny

Re: THE DAY I NEITHER LIKED NOR DISLIKED
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »

My friend Jim Vivyan called me last night.  He was still at Page's apartment waiting for the funeral home to remove the body.  He discovered his body yesterday afternoon.  He said that he and a few mutual friends had gone to Page's apartment for a Tony party and Page was feeling so poorly he spent most of the time lying on his bed.  Everyone urged him to go to the ER and he said he would go on Monday.  Jim was feeling guilty that they didn't force him to go on Sunday night.

DR Elmore, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2018, 01:05:04 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!

DR Ginny, I had a dream last night that you and I were traveling in a NY-OH mashup.  I was driving on Route 4 and suddenly we were on I-75.  You were asleep and Annabelle and Thatch were in the back.  Then we were in New York State around Albany and we stopped in this large bookstore for directions.  I wanted to go to a publishers address in Hudson so we used time at the store to find an atlas or NY road map.  Then I got lost and we ended up in someone's driveway.  Then the cats woke me.

That's a doozy, DR Elmore, but better that the dream I had about, for some reason, having an appointment with Mr. Trump and the private elevator that took me there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »

I had a long coffee visit with my friend Rebecca this morning.  We hadn't been able to do that for about a month and she's dealing with some major health issues of her husband's and the death last week of her professional mentor.  Louise was almost 97 and had had Alzheimer's for a long time, but it's still hard.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »

DR Elmore's dream was indeed a doozy, and similar in some respects to a lot of my dreams.

As soon as I was wide enough awake this morning, I began trying to figure out what my dream had been. It felt like it had been a pretty solid one, but it has yet to show itself to me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 01:53:20 PM »

I didn't see the documentary on David C. because I don't have a way to watch it - hopefully it will end up online somewhere.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »

Back from some chicken tenders and picking up packages. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 01:54:39 PM »

Phlegm really seems to be breaking up today, which is good - I took a Mucinex-D last night before bed and I think that helped.  I also decided not to go to this thing tonight - just really don't want to use my voice for another couple of days until it's back to normal strength.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »

I'm sure the David Doc will be online.....

Although you can only watch local stations MR BK you might consider buying an indoor antenna....you can local news and weather and other things.....like network television....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 02:13:50 PM »

Off to another added performance of ANNIE....on top of everything else.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:40 PM »

Listening to the final Pete Jolly AVA album, Hello, Jolly - very interesting - good songs and Pete with an orchestra, which took some getting used to - don't know why since I love jazz with orchestras, but I'm enjoying it the second time through.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 03:52:55 PM »

I did not watch the David documentary.  I read a little of his confession and can understand why he would say he had dementia to hide the fact he was drinking.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 03:57:35 PM »

My friend Jim Vivyan called me last night.  He was still at Page's apartment waiting for the funeral home to remove the body.  He discovered his body yesterday afternoon.  He said that he and a few mutual friends had gone to Page's apartment for a Tony party and Page was feeling so poorly he spent most of the time lying on his bed.  Everyone urged him to go to the ER and he said he would go on Monday.  Jim was feeling guilty that they didn't force him to go on Sunday night.

That's so sad. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »

The roof and attic reframing was well underway yesterday, and they said they expect to have that completed today so that the house is again protected from the elements. There's a chance of some rain tomorrow, a fine motivation.

And that's very good news, ChasSmith!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:16 PM »

Happy Birthday, Richard M. Sherman!

A Very Happy Birthday to Richard M. Sherman!! :D

George

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!

DR Ginny, I had a dream last night that you and I were traveling in a NY-OH mashup.  I was driving on Route 4 and suddenly we were on I-75.  You were asleep and Annabelle and Thatch were in the back.  Then we were in New York State around Albany and we stopped in this large bookstore for directions.  I wanted to go to a publishers address in Hudson so we used time at the store to find an atlas or NY road map.  Then I got lost and we ended up in someone's driveway.  Then the cats woke me.

That's a doozy, DR Elmore, but better that the dream I had about, for some reason, having an appointment with Mr. Trump and the private elevator that took me there.

:o

George

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 03:59:26 PM »

I had a long coffee visit with my friend Rebecca this morning.  We hadn't been able to do that for about a month and she's dealing with some major health issues of her husband's and the death last week of her professional mentor.  Louise was almost 97 and had had Alzheimer's for a long time, but it's still hard.

~~~Vibes for Rebecca!!~~~

George

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »

I just realized that today's date is 6-12-18 (6x1 then 6x12 then 6x3).

George

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »

Just had to share.

George

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:59 PM »

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »

I must say I'm really enjoying Delius.  Very pastoral.  I'm all for pastoral.  Listening to a wonderful and inexpensive EMI 2-CD set conducted by Barbirolli - who's a wonderful conductor.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »

Should have the final chart to proof this night, and then the track on Thursday.  Then all that's left are two scene change vocals which are actually just lifts from the first number - easy to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2018, 05:21:57 PM »

Then hopefully my voice will be full strength by next Tuesday and I can sing everything there is to sing.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »

Condolences, Larry, on the loss of your friend.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »

Happy 90th birthday, Mr. Sherman.  You've brought us all so much joy, and thanks for that!

FJL

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »

As a Tony show follow-up, at 8:22 in this video is one of my favorite TV-star presenter moments:  Ed Asner sings the nominees for Best Actress in a Musical (Madeline Kahn, Eartha Kitt, and Liza Minnelli kind of react to his singing their names, Frances Sternhagen I guess wasn't there since her show had closed already and she probably had another job at that point.

Robert Guillaume introduces big song from THE ACT, then at 8:22: Ed Asner sings the nominees, then Liza's speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvAURkgx-D0

FJL

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2018, 05:46:13 PM »

Should "Liza's speech" have had a spoiler warning, or did everyone who cares about that know she won that year?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2018, 06:32:31 PM »

Condolences to elmore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »

What is this page two malarky?

Jane

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »

We enjoyed a lovely evening walk before the temps drop again tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 06:44:06 PM »

I needed an extra walk since I didn't get much exercise.  All I did this morning was dust and clean the frig, mostly using my left arm as my right shoulder is not cooperating today. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up