Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TO BE DETERMINED  (Read 40788 times)

Kerry

Re:TO BE DETERMINED
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2005, 05:05:26 PM »

A lot of my favorite songs from the 70's have been named.  And we had "Chorus Line," "Chicago," "Mack and Mabel," "Annie,"  and the movie version of "Cabaret,"among other shows.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2005, 05:09:39 PM »

Are we having a siesta?  I've decided to watch The Karate Kid, a film I haven't seen since it came out.  I remember thinking it was okay.

Ginny

« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2005, 05:17:50 PM »

Birthday greetings to Kerry and Donald.

Welcome new DR Rodzinski.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2005, 05:20:52 PM »

DR Jane - Vermont Country Store has something called Humbugs (item #39552).  Check out:

www.vermontcountrystore.com

Can't tell if they're the brand you're looking for, but they do look good!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2005, 05:34:30 PM »

BK--

Even though it's not ask BK Day until tomorrow, I have a question.  How did you get on this kick of gangster movies?  Do you have "Angels with Dirty Faces" and "Public Enemy" lined up?  Oh, and "Scarface" (the real one with Paul Muni) and "The Roaring Twenties."  The ones you've watched are all great, and you can see how they've influenced other movies.

Then you can have a whole "Godfather" festival.
I like boat races.

Danise

« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2005, 05:37:44 PM »

Hi folks.

What a day.  I have had some “adventures” and need to share.  When I typed my morning message, I had a bit of a sore throat and felt like I was coming down with something.

I went to the orientation and told a co-worker how I felt and she said I should try something called, “Airbourne”.  She said it was created by a teacher and if you took it at the first sign of a cold it would help to ward it off.

Of course, I was game to try anything so when she offered to stop off and buy me some on the way back to the office I took her up on it.

Flip ahead to the office.  She did indeed buy the Airbourne.  I swear I thought she said it was a pill so when I opened the package, I was surprised by the size of the tablet.  It’s about the size of a quarter.  Now, when someone tells you it’s a pill, would you think you had to put it in a glass of water?  So I thought, of course, you put it in your mouth and let it dissolve.

Well, the moment I put it in my mouth it started fizzing like an Alka-Seltzer.   It was supposed to do that.  Because I should have PUT IT IN A GLASS OF WATER FIRST!  So there I am, foaming at the mouth like a mad dog.  Everyone is laughing.  The guys from ITS section come over and start laughing.  I told them they had better stop  because I might bite one of them and I hadn’t had my shots!  So someone said to call Animal Control.  

I thought my boss was going to lose it.

After getting past that humiliation it finely gets to five o’clock and I get to go home.  

I climb into Bonnie and attempt to turn the key.  Nothing.  The key won’t budge.  I take the key out and put it back in.  Nothing.  I do this several times.  Nothing.  I search all over for a button or something I might have missed before that locked the key out.  Nothing.

I’m saying some choice words by now.  I call Mom and tell her I might have to walk home and get her key to the SUV because I can’t make it go.  I mess with the key some more.  Nothing.

I walk home.  I’m saying some real choice words with every step.  My seven day trial period ended yesterday.  I could have returned Bonnie for any reason thru yesterday.  

I get home, change out of my work clothes, get Moms key and walk back down in the darkness to try to get the SUV to work saying more choice words with every step.

Nothing.  Mom’s key won’t work either.  I’m royally ticked at this point.  The only thing I can think to do is call AAA and see if they can get the thing to work.

I was about to dial the number when I thought about my boss having a Ford Explorer and decided to give her a call.  Luckily, I have her cell phone number in my cell phone book.  The battery is dead.  On the plus side (and this is why my purse weighs ten tons)  I dig out the spare cell phone battery and am able to make my call.

When I tell her the problem, she laughs and tells me to turn the steering wheel.  I did and the key worked.  It seems there is a “safety” measure that if the wheels are turned to far right or left when you shut the SUV off, it locks the steering column.  You have to turn the steering wheel to unlock it.

I spent at least an hour and half on this.  I told her that sometimes it pays to have the same kind of vehicle as your boss.

Like I said.  What a day.  Sigh.

Let me go back and read posts now.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2005, 05:47:29 PM »

Happy B-day DR Kerry and BroadwayDudeBestBroadwayRadioShowHostEver, Donald.  

Just read the posts, off to "Zombie Prom" auditions.  

Danise

« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2005, 05:53:02 PM »

Dear DR Danise

I was wondering if this would be of interest to you , I just received this offer by email:

NO SERVICE FEES!* ALL SHOWS!
PLUS SAVE $25 ON WEEKNIGHTS!
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
The most FANTASMAGORICAL stage musical in the history of everything!  

Sensational sets, stunning special effects, an irresistible story, and that unforgettable Sherman Brothers score add up to London's most popular musical treat. Now, it's about to take flight here, with a spectacular cast of Broadway talent: Tony Award® nominee RAÚL ESPARZA, ERIN DILLY, Tony winner PHILIP BOSCO,Tony nominee MARC KUDISCH, JAN MAXWELL, CHIP ZIEN and ROBERT SELLA.

SPECIAL OFFER
ORDER BY MARCH 26 AND PAY NO SERVICE FEES!*
ALL PERFORMANCES!
SAVE $25 MORE ON WEEKNIGHTS!
ONLY $75 TUES.-THURS. AT 7, FRI. AT 8

HOW TO ORDER: Go to ticketmaster.com or call (212) 307-4100 and use code: "HOT," print out this offer and bring to the Hilton Theatre box office (opens Monday, Feb. 14, 2005), or send this offer with a check payable to Hilton Theatre, 213 West 42nd St., New York, NY 10036, Attn: Box Office. Include preferred dates, and self- addressed stamped envelope.

*Regular convenience charges ($7.90 per ticket) and processing charge ($3 per order) will be waived on all orders; $1.25 facility charge has been included in the price of each ticket. (On internet orders only, the $3 processing fee will be charged at time of purchase and credited within 7 days.) TicketFast home printing and delivery services other than standard mail will be charged at their usual rates. $25 discount applicable to Tues.-Fri. evenings only. Offers valid only on top-price tickets (orchestra/front mezzanine). Offer subject to availability and prior sale.Not valid on previously purchased tickets and may not be combined with any other offers. All sales final; no refunds or exchanges. Limit 8 tickets per order. Offer may be revoked at any time. Expires 3/26/05.

Valid on performances March 27-July 3 - Hilton Theatre 213 W. 42nd St.

ChittyTheMusical.com

Thank you, VixMom for the information but if I come up for Chitty, it won't be until the fall.  Maybe next Spring.  We'll see but thank you for thinking about me.   :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

DRDanise,  I'm sorry to laugh at your expense, but what a funny day!  The landlord of my buildng owns most of the block: 200, 202, 208, and 212 and 214 West 82nd Street.  My building's (202) laundry room is also used by 200 W. 82, and 212 and 214 share a laundry room.  Their washers are currently out of service, so I had to wait over five hours today while some woman from another building took over our laundry room!  I swear she had six loads of laundry or more and I just put my laundry into the dryers.  Burns my ass.

The irony is that there is a laundromat next to 214, and she could have put some of those loads together in a larger washer and been finished in half the time.  I plan to bitch slap my super tomorrow for letting her pull that!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2005, 06:01:27 PM »

BK,look for my pal Larry in a brief bit where Pat Morita breaks the beer bottles.

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2005, 06:02:25 PM »

DR Danise! Oh, my, that is quite some day you had! LOL! And I don't mean to laugh either, but I am just picturing you with the foaming at the mouth!  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2005, 06:06:03 PM »

Gee, DR Danise...imagine what might have happened if you'd read the Owner's Manual for peculiarities like that!

;D

I know...I know...smartass me...and I'm the one that usually finds out these things AFTER I've spent as much time as you did trying to make something work that can't because of something so simple.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2005, 06:06:41 PM »

So...DR Danise...did the "Airbourne" help any at all????
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2005, 06:07:48 PM »

Speaking of Mrs. Kritzer..oh, dear bk,  I cried at the end of Benjamin Kritzer and then I had to go back and reread the last few chapters again because I was so sad the book was ending.
Yes!  A lots of tears, a lots of sadnesses, but, full of a lots of nostalgic warmths. I now am reading Klitzerland, which you’ll see a little grown up Benjamin and will find another attraction of him.  Hope you too enjoy it very soon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2005, 06:08:32 PM »

Does anyone have any "word" on "Lennon" yet?

It's to play here before going to Broadway.

Tonya Pinkins is in town with "Caroline...or Change."  Local critics wet themselves praising it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2005, 06:09:13 PM »

Jane, when we were in England this November/December it was two bucks to the British pound.  I found the mint humbugs by just typing in "mint humbugs" into my searcher.  You might want to do the same...there were a ton of sites selling them.  They may not be Marks and Spencer, but who knows?  They could be better or worse...If you search enough, you might even find a recipe for them, then who needs Marks and Spencer at all?

LOL-right-I will start searching for the recipe right now.

I know I searched them before and didn't order any.  Maybe it was the shipping fees.  I should have asked my aunt to bring me back some again.  Unfortunately I made the mistake of thinking she would remember.  I still have the empty bag from her previous trip.

Michael

« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2005, 06:10:41 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Terry and Der Musik Meiser Donald all the best and happiness for the year to come.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2005, 06:10:50 PM »

Congrats on the stats!  

Ben,  I hope the Muse will be worth the look see.  From what I read, it sure sounds it.  

What did I wear in the ‘70’s?  I don’t remember what I wore six months ago!

If the kids can’t play tag is Hide and Seek in danger of being banned as well? What about Dodge ball?

William F. Orr, what can I say?  What goes around comes around.  Thank goodness.

Welcome, welcome, welcome to Newest DR Rodzinski!!!!

Well, DR Ron Pulliam, after all that I don’t know how I feel!   I’ll let you know tomorrow.   :D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2005, 06:12:42 PM »

Had a read through of act one of my play and it went quite well. There is some minor dialogue changes to make, but so far no plot alternations. Act two will be done on Saturday.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 06:13:36 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2005, 06:13:55 PM »

Oh and I did read the owners manual.  I looked at the section under "ignition".  It told about what the different positions of the key would do, like make the windows/cd/radio work without starting the car but nothing about the thing locking up because the wheels were turned to the right or left.   ::) ;)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2005, 06:25:38 PM »

Oh Danise I was hysterical.  I’m still laughing and groaning.  As soon as you mentioned the key wouldn’t work I knew it would turn out to be the steering wheel.  My car has done that and it can be a pain to unlock.

Jane

« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2005, 06:27:19 PM »

Vixmom thanks for the link.  I didn’t see the shipping costs but I expect it is much less than from England.  I’m just hesitant to try another brand of humbugs purchased in the States and the ones from Marks and Spencers are the best I have ever had.

Danise

« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2005, 06:31:41 PM »

Well, who knew this new fangled vehicle would do something like that?  I’m just worried about what other “surprises” are in store.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 06:32:41 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2005, 06:34:21 PM »

DR DANISE - been there done that....car wise NOT Airbourne wise.

Watching THE AMAZING RACE....whew!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2005, 06:40:25 PM »

Danise, have fun finding out. ;D

Danise

« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2005, 06:41:49 PM »

Gee, thanks.  I think.  ??? :P  :-\  ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2005, 06:43:28 PM »

Pogue: I just saw that scene.

I am quite full of tuna pasta salad.  I'm running out now to get something sweet to cut the taste.

Kerry: I'm on the gangster kick because I got the Warner Bros. Gangster set - 5 DVDs of their classic gangster movies.  I've seen Public Enemy, Little Caeser, and White Heat thus far.  The other two movies in the set are Angels with Dirty Faces and The Roaring Twenties.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2005, 06:44:37 PM »

I must say, having read through the last page of posts, I find the whole lot of you entirely endearing.

Jane

« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »

Thorntons in England makes the best toffee.  My favorite is their special toffee.  They also sell, or did, a great mint humbug-the first I had.  Check out their site: http://www.thorntons.co.uk/catalog.asp?cat=469

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2005, 06:53:42 PM »

Beautiful scenery and some good challenges tonight on TAR!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up