Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TWISTED NERVE APHORISM  (Read 3894 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE TWISTED NERVE APHORISM
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 07:56:07 AM »

Let’s move on...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 08:05:56 AM »

Back from the first trip o' the day, in which the damnedest thing happened.

I was waiting to exit the parking lot of a small shopping plaza. A car turning in just happened to pass a little closer to my car than is ordinary, and my split second awareness of that was enough to instantly bring back an entire dream from last night that I'd forgotten since waking up.

In the dream, I was ready to drive out of this place that seemed like an indoor parking garage. Though there were no markings, I was aware that I was about to drive the wrong way in a one-way lane in order to get to the exit door, but it was a very short distance, there was no one coming, and I felt it was worth going for it instead of finding another way around. The place didn't look like any ordinary garage, there was just this lane leading to the door, and the walls around me were a light green (I figured out the real life source of the color). As I near the exit, I see that the wooden door is sort of half closed (I also know where the wooden door comes from), but I see that I can drive around it just fine.

As I do so, my car enters a space that still seems to be part of the indoor garage, but it's much more open with plenty of room for other cars to get around each other. However, another car which is considerably larger than my VW (it's more like a large 1970s/1980s sedan) is coming towards me to turn into the area I just came out of, and it very gently bumps my car head-on. Oy! I feel that the impact was so light as to leave no damage at all, but I get out of the car to check things out and speak with the other driver. He has also gotten out and we finally get around our cars to meet each other. Just then I think to glance back at my car to make sure it's all right, and I'm crestfallen to see that that light tap has resulted in a whole series of ripples in the side, from the back about halfway to the front. This is also odd, as the point of impact was the front of both cars. I'm trying to figure that out when the other guy is now standing there, and he looks vaguely like Rutger Hauer in "The Hitcher" or "Blade Runner". At the point of our speaking, the dream ends.

A short dream, but as far as details go, that's a minor epic right there. And yet I had totally forgotten it until that split second in the parking lot today.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2018, 08:06:54 AM »

Didn't see DR Jrand67's summary until I posted that.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2018, 08:16:54 AM »

I really do hope things turn around for all of us, in communications and electronics and machinery and hopefully in many other important ways. We really need a change of course.

DR Jrand67, can you offer any improvement in these weather patterns? Thanks in advance...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2018, 08:21:58 AM »

Thatch is being very affectionate and needy this morning.  He's playing, rolling around, butting me with his head, reaching up to me by standing and grabbing my knee, and rubbing against me.  Then, when I reciprocate, he runs away.  I don't think he's teasing me; I think life on that Bronx garage roof has left him craving affection and afraid of getting too close.  Poor little baby.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 09:08:48 AM »

Lots of weird dreams last night, the strangest being a log one with Miami University, Elly Stone and Eric Blau and a drive along the Hudson.

"Elly Stone and Eric Blau and a Drive Along the Hudson" sounds like the perfect piece to do in repertory with "Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris." 

The synergy would be great, since most in its target audience would want to see both shows.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:16:33 AM by FJL »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »

Thatch's eye seems to be okay today, so I'm hoping it was just irritated yesterday.  If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll have Dr Romero check it out.

Good news.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »

Congratulations, George, on a good opening night.

Ditto

Jane

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2018, 09:12:27 AM »

I am glad DR Vixmom’s birthday was better than expected.

FJL

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »

he looks vaguely like Rutger Hauer in "The Hitcher"

Create your own mental image.  Glad the dream ended soon after that description!!!

FJL

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 09:17:48 AM »

Chas - your use of the word "Split second". - intentional pun on "The Hitcher' and split?

FJL

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 09:19:00 AM »

Many congratulations to George on last night!

or should it be "Props to George!"  :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »

Chas - your use of the word "Split second". - intentional pun on "The Hitcher' and split?

:D

John G.

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 10:29:37 AM »

The reviews of Pretty Woman are pretty ghastly
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »

Happy dreams vibes for us all. Mine have been dreary. Mostly about work.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »

Our last tour in Reykjavik has turned out longer than expected. While we did see some beautiful sights today we wish we were back in town and finishing dinner which we might skip now. We need to pack & shower yet.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »

Thanks, John!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »

Ditto!

Thanks, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 12:29:09 PM »

Continued run vibes for DR GEORGE.

Happy Unbirthday vibes for DR VIXMOM.

Miracle vibes for MR BK.

Thanks, Jrand!

~~~Ditto!!~~~

~~~Ditto, Too!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was up for an hour or so at six-thirty after falling asleep at four-thirty - so I think seven hours of sleep.

George

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2018, 12:49:09 PM »

Back from the first trip o' the day, in which the damnedest thing happened.

I was waiting to exit the parking lot of a small shopping plaza. A car turning in just happened to pass a little closer to my car than is ordinary, and my split second awareness of that was enough to instantly bring back an entire dream from last night that I'd forgotten since waking up.

In the dream, I was ready to drive out of this place that seemed like an indoor parking garage. Though there were no markings, I was aware that I was about to drive the wrong way in a one-way lane in order to get to the exit door, but it was a very short distance, there was no one coming, and I felt it was worth going for it instead of finding another way around. The place didn't look like any ordinary garage, there was just this lane leading to the door, and the walls around me were a light green (I figured out the real life source of the color). As I near the exit, I see that the wooden door is sort of half closed (I also know where the wooden door comes from), but I see that I can drive around it just fine.

As I do so, my car enters a space that still seems to be part of the indoor garage, but it's much more open with plenty of room for other cars to get around each other. However, another car which is considerably larger than my VW (it's more like a large 1970s/1980s sedan) is coming towards me to turn into the area I just came out of, and it very gently bumps my car head-on. Oy! I feel that the impact was so light as to leave no damage at all, but I get out of the car to check things out and speak with the other driver. He has also gotten out and we finally get around our cars to meet each other. Just then I think to glance back at my car to make sure it's all right, and I'm crestfallen to see that that light tap has resulted in a whole series of ripples in the side, from the back about halfway to the front. This is also odd, as the point of impact was the front of both cars. I'm trying to figure that out when the other guy is now standing there, and he looks vaguely like Rutger Hauer in "The Hitcher" or "Blade Runner". At the point of our speaking, the dream ends.

A short dream, but as far as details go, that's a minor epic right there. And yet I had totally forgotten it until that split second in the parking lot today.

Very interesting dream and the remembrance of said dream, ChasSmith!

George

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »

Ditto

Thanks, Jane!

George

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »

Many congratulations to George on last night!

or should it be "Props to George!"  :)

Sure, why not? ;) Thanks, Fred!

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 01:43:07 PM »

Very interesting dream and the remembrance of said dream, ChasSmith!

Thank you, DR George. I had a couple of years practice at it.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings from Detroit’s western ‘burbs!  We have settled into our hotel and will head for the Class of ‘68 party in about an hour and a half.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 02:54:32 PM »

Good afternoon.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~Break a Leg Counting for DR George!!~~~~~~~~~~

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~Break a Leg Counting for DR George!!~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, Tom!

Jane

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings from Detroit’s western ‘burbs!  We have settled into our hotel and will head for the Class of ‘68 party in about an hour and a half.

Have a great time!  Where was the party?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up