Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUCCESSFUL INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN ENDS AT 129% OF OUR GOAL  (Read 4113 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE SUCCESSFUL INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN ENDS AT 129% OF OUR GOAL
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »

From DR TCB:
Next thing I know, there is a huge cat fight going on in my hallway.  I was so afraid that Nicky was getting hurt, that I jumped out of my wheelchair and tried to run to him.

Oh no!

Jane

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 09:38:34 AM »

TCB how are you feeling today?  I hope not too sore.

Jane

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 09:39:49 AM »

I am moving much better today.  I think the trauma of the fall is leaving my body and I'm back to my usual daily throbbing pain.  I'll have a better sense of things after my patrol with Annabelle and climbing three flights of stairs with her.

Very good.  Now it is time for that daily throbbing to start going away.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »

So, Josh Groban is starring in the Netflix series, The Good Cop. He’s the good cop and Tony Danza is his father, the bad cop. Yawn.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 09:45:14 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Richard and I are going on an "errand date" this afternoon.  This evening I'll go to book group, where we're discussing Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie.

I see it won a number of awards which I have often found means I don't like the book.  What did you think?

Amy

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »

TOD:
In my experience with people, animal lovers are animal lovers and many pet owners have both cats and dogs, and other animals too, like rabbits or horses. Yes, there are some who proclaim to be "cat people" or "dog people", but they seem to be in the minority. I was always a cat person until I finally became a dog owner at the ripe old age of 45.
As for the preference, many people prefer cats because they're simply easier. They don't have to be walked and they're much easier to potty train. And even when dogs are trained, you have to have a pet door for them or let them out all the time. Litter boxes are much easier. Also, cats are much better at entertaining themselves. They don't chew up the furniture or your shoes out of boredom.
People prefer dogs because they're much more attentive and loyal to their owners, whereas they find cats to be too aloof. Dogs can follow commands, do tricks, and accompany you on hiking trips. Plus, their physicality with all the hundreds of breeds is so interesting. Whereas cats don't vary nearly as much in shape and size. I'm sure there are many other reasons for preferences one way or the other, but I've found these to be the main ones. When I got my first dog (a retired breeding toy poodle who was six years old), the breeder said that my dog will love me unconditionally while my cat will love me when it's convenient. Clearly, she was not a cat person.

Jane

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 10:13:30 AM »

I agree, clearly not a cat person.  Our cats followed us around and were very devoted to us. 

Michael

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »

good afternoon to all
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »

The work on our guest room and bathroom has begun, very slowly with one person working.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2018, 10:21:52 AM »

I keep asking him to ring the doorbell as I cannot hear his quiet knock.  Nope, he still knocks.  It is a good thing Keith was home to answer the door this morning.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2018, 11:47:37 AM »

Our DR ChasSmith took me to lunch for my birthday and just left with six heavy cartons of books and one lighter carton.  Annabelle was friendly as always  and the suspicious Thatch kept his distance. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »

When I got my first dog (a retired breeding toy poodle who was six years old), the breeder said that my dog will love me unconditionally while my cat will love me when it's convenient. Clearly, she was not a cat person.

I never doubted the love and affection my Siamese had for me any more than I doubt that of Annabelle or Thatch for me, or my love for them.  It all depends on the personality.  Annabelle nature is affectionate and curious, while Thatch has been corrupted by his early life as a feral cat, and his fear and distrust of strangers affects his relationship with me.  He needs and wants to be loved but finds it very difficult to get close.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2018, 12:13:11 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - was up at five-thirty for a while, then back to bed.  I think I got six and a half hours of sleep.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »

I think most cats like me these days because they can tell I’m allergic to them.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:54:21 PM by John G. »
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:28 PM »

I'm so confused by the Supreme Ct issue.  Is it good or bad to tell young adults that yes, you can totally remake your life, even if you did horrible things as a teen?  Or, do you want to let teens know not to do horrible things, because those things you did will follow you forever?  Such fascinating arguments on CNN and MSNBC. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »

Back, following a wonderful visit with DR Elmore and the household!

Now for the monthly meeting with my director friend which we’ve had to postpone a couple of times. All of this in one day! Such a whirlwind social calendar! I would be well advised to consult with my social secretary to see what I’m doing tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2018, 01:43:28 PM »

When I was born, my parents lived with my maternal grandparents until I was around four years old.  I have vague memories of several Persian cats in the house.  When we moved to 3003 Goldman Avenue, we soon had a dog - my dad had grown up in Appalachia with a lot of hounds - named Sandy, a German shepherd-collie mix.  My brother Macbeth and I, along with most of the other kids in the neighborhood, loved that dog, and he was our constant companion for several years until he bit the postman one day.  Even though my parents were against doing it, they had Sandy was euthanized.  We went through several more dogs, and we soon had added two cats to the family, Fred and Ethel.  Fred turned out to be Frederica and had a litter of kittens.

That reminds me of Uncle Elizabeth from I Remember Mama.  My sister played Dagmar when we were in high school.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2018, 01:52:13 PM »

Back from picking up no packages or envelopes.  I'd already written everyone about the no-show - they're telling me it definitely went out last Friday and I'm telling them it wouldn't take this long to get here - the main guy said to call him by one tomorrow and if it's not there then we'll discuss what they need to do, which will be to overnight it to me for Saturday delivery. 

George

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »

I like dogs but I prefer cats.  Those DRs who were here in 2006-2007 may remember my fondness for Randy's and Jo's German shepherds Max and Maddie, both now deceased.  I like their new dogs but I adored Max and Maddie, absolutely loved them

Nice picture, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2018, 03:04:51 PM »

TOD:
In my experience with people, animal lovers are animal lovers and many pet owners have both cats and dogs, and other animals too, like rabbits or horses. Yes, there are some who proclaim to be "cat people" or "dog people", but they seem to be in the minority. I was always a cat person until I finally became a dog owner at the ripe old age of 45.
As for the preference, many people prefer cats because they're simply easier. They don't have to be walked and they're much easier to potty train. And even when dogs are trained, you have to have a pet door for them or let them out all the time. Litter boxes are much easier. Also, cats are much better at entertaining themselves. They don't chew up the furniture or your shoes out of boredom.
People prefer dogs because they're much more attentive and loyal to their owners, whereas they find cats to be too aloof. Dogs can follow commands, do tricks, and accompany you on hiking trips. Plus, their physicality with all the hundreds of breeds is so interesting. Whereas cats don't vary nearly as much in shape and size. I'm sure there are many other reasons for preferences one way or the other, but I've found these to be the main ones. When I got my first dog (a retired breeding toy poodle who was six years old), the breeder said that my dog will love me unconditionally while my cat will love me when it's convenient. Clearly, she was not a cat person.

I am a cat person and will definitely remain so. ;D

George

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2018, 03:07:42 PM »

I grew up with cats.  It was rare that we didn't have cats.  One time, my parents got me a dog (black lab pup, or something like that) and I, of course, had no idea how to train him, so he wasn't a good pet.  He was a good dog, but he needed someone to train him.  Eventually (after only a few months), my parents gave him to a friend of their who knew how to train and take care of dogs, so he lived a good life.  I've now had two cats on my own.  Ebonie was a hand-me-down from my former housemate, and currently I have Neve, who was forced upon my by my niece.  Neve is (and Ebonie was) a good cat and very affectionate. :)

George

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »

When I got my first dog (a retired breeding toy poodle who was six years old), the breeder said that my dog will love me unconditionally while my cat will love me when it's convenient. Clearly, she was not a cat person.

I never doubted the love and affection my Siamese had for me any more than I doubt that of Annabelle or Thatch for me, or my love for them.  It all depends on the personality.  Annabelle nature is affectionate and curious, while Thatch has been corrupted by his early life as a feral cat, and his fear and distrust of strangers affects his relationship with me.  He needs and wants to be loved but finds it very difficult to get close.

My niece has a male cat named Oz that they rescued from my sister's parking garage at her work.  Oz is also somewhat aloof and very wary of anyone who isn't my sister or her daughter.  In the four or five years that they've had him, I've only held him once, and petted him maybe two or three other times.

George

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »

I'm so confused by the Supreme Ct issue.  Is it good or bad to tell young adults that yes, you can totally remake your life, even if you did horrible things as a teen?  Or, do you want to let teens know not to do horrible things, because those things you did will follow you forever?  Such fascinating arguments on CNN and MSNBC.

That's an interesting perspective on what's going on.  I hadn't thought (or heard or read) about it in that way.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »

Very interesting and not an easy answer IMHO.

George

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »

But another thing that should cause concern is that the republicans have only released 7% of Kavanaugh's writings!  That's 93% of his thoughts and decisions and whatever that they're hiding!  WHY??  WHAT ARE THEY HIDING??  That's what I'd like to know.  It's a lifetime appointment.  There should be NO secrets and NO "I don't recall" answers!

Just my 2¢.

George

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »

Not to get political or anything. ::)

;)

KevinH

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 04:46:27 PM »

Page 2 at 7:46 pm Eastern?

KevinH

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 04:46:45 PM »

We can at least get to page 3