Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DESIGNER RUN-THROUGH  (Read 4531 times)

FJL

Re: THE DESIGNER RUN-THROUGH
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »

I thought Randy knew, but yes knowing and truly understanding are two different things. 

Sadly, if your finances affect them in some way, I've seen (mainly for clients) reaction by siblings, even when they care, at times seems to be to offer to help you see where you could budget better - rather than let a sibling's financial needs affect their own financial life.  For many clients, it's that they're happy to help as long as your finances don't affect my family's finances. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - almost eight hours of sleep.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »

DR TCB, to continue your posts from last night, this morning's Pittsbugh shooting in a synagogue - during a bris, I am told - leaves a lot of blood on trump's hands.  Those alt-right Nazis last year shouting for death to blacks and jews are, according to Trump, very find people.  I am sick of him and his violence.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 10:48:11 AM »

Musical composer I have NEVER gotten:

Harold Rome...except for a couple of songs in Destry Rides Again.

I Can Get It for You Wholesale is one of all-time favorite scores.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »

DR TCB, to continue your posts from last night, this morning's Pittsbugh shooting in a synagogue - during a bris, I am told - leaves a lot of blood on trump's hands.  Those alt-right Nazis last year shouting for death to blacks and jews are, according to Trump, very find people.  I am sick of him and his violence.

Sadly antisemitism was on the rise long before Trump.  It has just escalated more.

Jane

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »

When I went apartment hunting with Craig in Pittsburgh I fell in love with Squirrel Hill and wanted to live there.

Jane

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2018, 11:22:11 AM »

I thought Randy knew, but yes knowing and truly understanding are two different things. 

Sadly, if your finances affect them in some way, I've seen (mainly for clients) reaction by siblings, even when they care, at times seems to be to offer to help you see where you could budget better - rather than let a sibling's financial needs affect their own financial life.  For many clients, it's that they're happy to help as long as your finances don't affect my family's finances. 

I can understand that.  If you are going to have to reduce your life style, or put your own finances in jeopardy, it is reasonable to first know how they are spending their money.  Nothing like helping family or friends and then watch them blow the money on travel, gifts for other people, purchases, etc.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »

Sadly antisemitism was on the rise long before Trump.  It has just escalated more.

Because of him and his Nazis.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »

Sadly the foundation was there. Sadly and frightening.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »

Three guesses.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »

I saw he was caught and that he is a nazi but not the part about why he chose that particular synagogue. 
 >:( :( :'(

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »

Elmore, have you ever approached your brothers about buying your share of the property?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »

Elmore, have you ever approached your brothers about buying your share of the property?

Yes.

KevinH

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »

I had to chuckle at this exchange on Broadway World between BK and someone who saw the London production of Funny Girl, which played at movie theaters in the US a few days ago:

Wildcard said: "Where did you watch it at, Vernon? I saw it in Glendale, CA and the theater had a decent amount of people in it. I thought Sheridan was great. I have never seen the movie but after seeing Sheridan, I couldn't imagine Barbra in the role (though I'm sure she was fantastic in it). Sheridan made me think of Melissa McCarthy while someone in the audience blurted out that the mom was Harvey Fierstein in drag."

You've never seen the movie yet you can't imagine Barbra Streisand, the person who made the show and film the hit it was, in the role.  I just scratch my head.  It's not hard to see the movie, you know.  They have this thing called DVD and Blu-ray.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »

Yes.

From the beginning they should have done this or offered it at a price to sell for your sake alone.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »

Sorry Harold Rome is still on my list....although the evidence is  interesting
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2018, 03:22:09 PM »

Yes.

From the beginning they should have done this or offered it at a price to sell for your sake alone.

From the beginning, Macbeth and I were not speaking, and it only got worse. They both claimed poverty to purchase my shaqre, butr I believe it's deeper than that with the Macbeths, and I know know more than you do, except I did know they were pricing too high and doing nothing to sell it.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2018, 03:33:01 PM »

Yes, sadly it is likely deeper with the Macbeth's.  Asking too much for property is too often a problem, especially with homes people are attached to.  In this case it would have been nice if they were right and you were wrong.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

Sorry Harold Rome is still on my list....although the evidence is  interesting

I'm not questioning your tastes. You like/don't like what you like/don't like.

I'm in the ChasSmith category of not liking Schumann. Others love him.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2018, 03:36:06 PM »

I had to chuckle at this exchange on Broadway World between BK and someone who saw the London production of Funny Girl, which played at movie theaters in the US a few days ago:

Wildcard said: "Where did you watch it at, Vernon? I saw it in Glendale, CA and the theater had a decent amount of people in it. I thought Sheridan was great. I have never seen the movie but after seeing Sheridan, I couldn't imagine Barbra in the role (though I'm sure she was fantastic in it). Sheridan made me think of Melissa McCarthy while someone in the audience blurted out that the mom was Harvey Fierstein in drag."

You've never seen the movie yet you can't imagine Barbra Streisand, the person who made the show and film the hit it was, in the role.  I just scratch my head.  It's not hard to see the movie, you know.  They have this thing called DVD and Blu-ray.

How sad. How true.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »

Trying to watch the rest of this Faust movie, but it's heavy going. Bad script that does Goethe no service.

Oy, Faust just quoted Luther.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 03:38:42 PM »

Also, the actor playing Faust has the nose of Cyrano de Bergerac, which isn't his fault, but it is very distracting.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »

I was supposed to usher for the youth orchestra tomorrow but they actually have too many volunteers. So, I will enjoy a free evening and read some more.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2018, 03:46:07 PM »

Saturday evening greetings!  Richard and I spent several hours on a self-guided driving tour of Vicksburg National Military Park, honoring the service here of his great-grandfather with the Ohio 83rd Infantry.  It’s possible that Richard is the first descendant to visit here.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »

We then went to lunch in historic downtown Vicksburg at Cottonwood Public House.  We shared a Margherita pizza and a dish of their homemade vanilla ice cream.  I washed that down with a southern pecan pale ale.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2018, 05:56:20 PM »

Had a fun stop-and-start run-through in the upstairs space.  I added a few bits as they came to me, gave some performance tips, and added a couple of lines to cover musical vamp things so people aren't just waiting to sing.  Energy was good and fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »

I let everyone go at four, two hours early.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »

The set is up and looks great - not really a "set" per se, but really nice and functional and the moving panels are light as air and will be easy to negotiate.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 05:58:42 PM »

Came home to the sad news that my friend Gene Castle's beautiful wife of many, many years died last night.  She's been suffering mightily for a couple of years.  Jane Actman Castle.  She was a wonderful actress and we all came up together in the early1970s - she did Partridge Family and lots of other guest shots. 

Jane

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »

Had a fun stop-and-start run-through in the upstairs space.  I added a few bits as they came to me, gave some performance tips, and added a couple of lines to cover musical vamp things so people aren't just waiting to sing.  Energy was good and fun.

:)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up