Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE READERS DIGEST ABRIDGED NOTES  (Read 21444 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE READERS DIGEST ABRIDGED NOTES
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2005, 08:41:44 PM »

MBarnum have a good weekend.  Do you have views of the ocean from Steve’s place?

Hi Jane,
Yes his house is on a cliff above the beach....but his name is George (not to be confused with DR George, whose name is also George)....I think Steve belongs to DR JosePiano! LOL!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:47:20 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

DR MBarnum - I hope you have a great weekend.  And you better bring donuts on Monday!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2005, 09:09:13 PM »

DR Jennifer - Those photo sites allow you to preview the photos before you order them.

As you indicated, the proportions between 3-1/2x5, 4x6 or even 8x10 are not equal.  As I mentioned, even when you take a picture with regular film, you never get the "whole" picture, the whole frame (of the negative).  Most shots are "framed" in the center of the negative, and depending upon what size the final print is, sometimes you get more or less of the outer edges of the negative/print.

Framing is just moving a "frame" around in a picture.  For example, make a 4x4 frame out of toothpicks or something like that.  When you place that on a standard piece of paper, the area in the middle is "framed".  And you can move that frame to different parts of the page, and, in essence get different pictures.   You are not changing the proportions of the picture, just the area that you are showing/developing/printing.

Some of the kiosks allow you to frame different parts of a picture - like just a face or one particular person in a photo.

I'd say the easiest thing to do is just to upload some pictures and start fooling around with the editing options.  Then you can "preview" your pics on your computer screen.  No, they won't be on paper, but if you did things like change the contrast, added some sort of effect, or even resized the pic, then you can see what it will look like once it's on paper.

Now if the pics you were given were scanned in and not directly from a digital camera, then that's a different issue.  You may just end up with some prints with black bars at the sides and/or top and bottom.  -That happens with panaromic prints that are printed in 4x6 rather than 4x10 (or whatever size).

And if someone says there camera takes prints in different sizes - 3-1/2x5, 4x6, etc. - then they're "lying" to you in sense.  There may be optimum enlargement sizes due to the number of pixels, but the "negative" is pretty standard regardless of the final size of the photo.

Hope this makes sense.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2005, 09:10:19 PM »

Oh, and about the whole repeal of the "Underpants Law" here in the Commonwealth of Virginia...

Yet one more reason to get out of Richmond!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2005, 09:16:45 PM »

OK - I'm gonna head downstairs and get a head start on my baking for tomorrow.  The peanut butter cookie recipe I use calls for freezing the balls of dough before they go into the oven.  Very handy - and makes it's very easy to keep some on hand at all times for those "emergency" entertaining situations.  I also like this recipe since it calls for melted butter - no creaming of the butter and sugar involved.  Very easy to mix up by hand.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2005, 11:02:11 PM »

Okay, I'm back, and let me tell you I'm really confounded that there hasn't been one post in two hours.  This will NOT do, I'm afraid.  I'm afraid this will do NOT.  

There will be bitch-slapping aplenty when I finish writing the notes.  This WUSSBURGER ATTACK must stop and stop now.  Otherwise I shall take dire measures, oh, yes, I shall take dire measures.  Here I thought I'd have some excellent reading matter upon my return.

I am so nauseated that the only think I can think of to say is - BONGO!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2005, 11:21:59 PM »

Does anyone remember the story of Bongo the Circus Bear that was a Disney cartoon (Hell, I'm posting...I'm not getting bitch-slapped).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2005, 11:24:05 PM »

Okay, I'm back, and let me tell you I'm really confounded that there hasn't been one post in two hours.  This will NOT do, I'm afraid.  I'm afraid this will do NOT.  

There will be bitch-slapping aplenty when I finish writing the notes.  This WUSSBURGER ATTACK must stop and stop now.  Otherwise I shall take dire measures, oh, yes, I shall take dire measures.  Here I thought I'd have some excellent reading matter upon my return.

I am so nauseated that the only think I can think of to say is - BONGO!

WOW!

I'm amazed too!

Well, the peanut butter cookie dough balls are in the freezer - which I had to turn "down" since they weren't freezing as fast as they normally do.  The bowls, cups and spoons are all washed...  And I even ended up watching an hour of FoodTV - some bake-off special. Eh..  I would stay up to watch Alton Brown, but..

I need to get to bed.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2005, 11:24:57 PM »

OH!

BONGO!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2005, 11:29:32 PM »

Nobody's going to bed.  Anyone who goes to bed is getting hit with a BONGO.  I have finished the notes and they will be up on time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2005, 11:45:26 PM »

I said nobody's going to bed and everybody went to bed.  Don't you people listen?  I've got a gat here, baby, and I ain't afraid to use it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2005, 11:55:30 PM »

I'm here.  Here's my post:  I had instant mashed potatoes with my dinner and the stuff from the box was a very fine powder.  It was really weird.  My experience with instant mashed potatoes has always been either flakes or little pellet-like objects.  Anyway, the taste was okay, but the texture was just wrong.  It was too, too, tooo (that's three toos) smooth. :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:56:13 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2005, 11:57:02 PM »

All of us at HHW are just too smooth. That is why we

BONGO!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up