Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RELAXING DAY OFF  (Read 4633 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE RELAXING DAY OFF
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »

Speaking of three...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2018, 02:52:03 PM »

Happy Birthday to Fr. Richard!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »

TOD:

Also:

The Killing
The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »

Back from a fun lunch meeting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2018, 03:19:18 PM »

I've been pondering why I've been feeling the opening of the show is awkward - house goes out, pre-set goes out, then the actors who are onstage at the lights up take their places, which takes about seven to ten seconds, while we just sit there.  Then the lights bump up and the track begins.  I just haven't liked it and felt it awkward.  This morning the solution came to me - should have probably been obvious but sometimes these things take a while to figure out - I immediately called Richard, our orchestrator/MD and told him to create me an eight-bar "overture" consisting of the first two musical lines of the opening number - a nice, big statement of that tune - that will cover people getting onstage and it goes directly into the opening vamp that was previously our start.

By the time I got home from lunch, Richard had sent me the track, it was perfect, and it will go in tonight.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

The plumbers arrived around 8:45 and just finished.  Everything looks great and appears to work fine.  For now.

Excellent.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »

Joshie and I finished the preliminary work on I Married an Angel yesterday, so I am unemployed for a while.  I am waiting for a miracle.

~~~Continued Vibes for Gainful Employment!!~~~

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2018, 03:43:17 PM »

DR TCB, I expect your play to be wonderful because you are in it and you will make it so.  Don't let your frustrations hold you back.

Ditto and Ditto!!  I'm looking forward to seeing it! :D

I agree and am sorry we won't be able to go up for this one.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2018, 03:43:50 PM »

Maybe everybody is out starting their Thanksgiving grocery shopping?

This year, I've been requested to make a cheesecake for Thanksgiving dessert.  Years ago, I used to make cheesecakes all the time, but it's been quite awhile, so my mom wants one this year.  No problem.  I just need to find my specific chocolate turtle cheesecake recipe that used to use.  It's delish!

It sounds good.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2018, 03:45:02 PM »

I've been pondering why I've been feeling the opening of the show is awkward - house goes out, pre-set goes out, then the actors who are onstage at the lights up take their places, which takes about seven to ten seconds, while we just sit there.  Then the lights bump up and the track begins.  I just haven't liked it and felt it awkward.  This morning the solution came to me - should have probably been obvious but sometimes these things take a while to figure out - I immediately called Richard, our orchestrator/MD and told him to create me an eight-bar "overture" consisting of the first two musical lines of the opening number - a nice, big statement of that tune - that will cover people getting onstage and it goes directly into the opening vamp that was previously our start.

By the time I got home from lunch, Richard had sent me the track, it was perfect, and it will go in tonight.

Congrats on finding the solution.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2018, 04:20:23 PM »

We have a beautiful red sun right now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »

Perfect!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »

That's great! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:58 PM »

Like DR George, I went to the dentist today for a hygiene visit. Last year at this time my gums looked nasty and I was having discomfort in my jaw. That resulted in a lot of dental work last winter. Today's visit was much more positive. No sign of last year's problems, thankfully.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Ginny's DH Richard!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

The plumbers arrived around 8:45 and just finished.  Everything looks great and appears to work fine.  For now.

Glad to hear it. Vibes it stays this way.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2018, 05:00:43 PM »

I saw that documentary on Kubrick's assistant. Highly enjoyable.

What was it called? I'd like to see it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2018, 05:02:43 PM »

Joshie and I finished the preliminary work on I Married an Angel yesterday, so I am unemployed for a while.  I am waiting for a miracle.

~~~Continued Vibes for Gainful Employment!!~~~

Ditto!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2018, 05:04:56 PM »

Maybe everybody is out starting their Thanksgiving grocery shopping?

This year, I've been requested to make a cheesecake for Thanksgiving dessert.  Years ago, I used to make cheesecakes all the time, but it's been quite awhile, so my mom wants one this year.  No problem.  I just need to find my specific chocolate turtle cheesecake recipe that used to use.  It's delish!

DR George, you surprise me. I don't recall you mentioning cooking at all. I had the impression you were a non-cook. Do you prepare other dishes too or is this the only dish you choose to make?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2018, 05:07:52 PM »

Vibes of good health and prosperity to all.

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2018, 05:18:57 PM »

Like DR George, I went to the dentist today for a hygiene visit. Last year at this time my gums looked nasty and I was having discomfort in my jaw. That resulted in a lot of dental work last winter. Today's visit was much more positive. No sign of last year's problems, thankfully.

What a relief!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the theater.

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Ginny's DH Richard!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2018, 05:30:27 PM »

It has been awhile since Mark Bakalor has posted so I doubt he will see my condolences on the loss of not only his parents home but the home of his in-laws.  Strange that the families watched the home burning on the news.
:(

John G.

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2018, 06:02:53 PM »

But will it go on the album?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 06:06:16 PM »

It has been awhile since Mark Bakalor has posted so I doubt he will see my condolences on the loss of not only his parents home but the home of his in-laws.  Strange that the families watched the home burning on the news.

That’s horrible.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

Oh, no! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up