Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE NEW RELEASES  (Read 5004 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THREE NEW RELEASES
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2018, 02:20:55 PM »

So, when I got my flu shot last night I asked about getting a pneumonia shot as well.

I'd been given my first one a year ago and they told me I have to know which one it was, because there are two. You get one, then you wait a year, and then you get the other one. And then theoretically, for most people, you don't get any more. I didn't remember ever hearing that, but I just checked with the doctor's office and they confirmed it and told me which one I'd gotten. So I'll head back over to Walgreen's probably tomorrow and get that second one.

I prefer to separate my vaccinations to avoid/enhance reactions.

You really should be keeping a personal record of all of your vaccinations as well as medical information.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2018, 02:21:50 PM »

Who the hell would've been flushing latex gloves?? 

:o >:(

Jane

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2018, 02:22:33 PM »

~~~Continued Super Vibes for Larry!!~~~

Thanks, DRs George and Jane!  There was nothing in today's mail either.  This is really stressing me out.

I'm sorry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2018, 02:24:25 PM »

Good news about the Carol Christmas CD's!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »

Get the check already vibes for DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2018, 02:33:24 PM »

Good afternoon.

Laura

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2018, 02:34:57 PM »

Two sets of neighbors walked by while I was working in the yard and asked why I was removing plants. I told them a neighbor complained. They both were sad and said they enjoyed the butterflies and the plants in my yard. One neighbor was very excited about the monarch caterpillars and left with the determination to plant some milkweed in his yard.

Laura

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »

The Yard Police drove by again today. We'll see what happens.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »

Two sets of neighbors walked by while I was working in the yard and asked why I was removing plants. I told them a neighbor complained. They both were sad and said they enjoyed the butterflies and the plants in my yard. One neighbor was very excited about the monarch caterpillars and left with the determination to plant some milkweed in his yard.

I feel sad for you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »

Well, my personal life may be a disaster, but I did have one good bit of luck today and, whether or not I did it, I am very happy it happened.

There's been a beautiful 3-4 year-old dog, Bullet, on the ACC kill lists for the past three days.  He was adopted from the ACC over a month ago and returned in early November for biting a friend of the owner.  As soon as his quarantine for rabies was over, he was put on the death list.  Dogs the ACC assesses as too unstable for adoption are put on a New Hope Rescue list, meaning an agency has to take it.  Most of the New Hope Rescue animals are simply assessed too early when they are still in shock at losiong their homes and security to land in a cage among a lot of crying dogs.  They need time to adapt, not be railroaded to a death list.

When Bullet was on the adoption lists before this return, he had an A+ reputation, but this round he's a vicious animal because he has a bite history.  Well, the fact of the matter is, according to the ACC's report: Victim ran into owner's home to greet owner's friend. Victim was screaming and started to swing her arms towards Bullet because he was barking at her. She kept waving her arms at Bullet and that is when Bullet bit into her right forearm and let go.

So, Bullet must die because an idiot scared him to death and he fought back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvrIAqQazxM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR05oWk1e9jU4YHtDrGMRXzF2TP32kD8qqQfBGQTR6_yboJOypwKHDpX8QA
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 02:53:53 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2018, 02:49:14 PM »

So, since I cannot network on Facebook until a week from tomorrow, I spent the morning between 10 and 11 emailing every ACC New Hope Rescue Agency I could begging for them to save Bullet. One agency that rescues dogs to become service dogs for soldiers injured in Iraq and Afghanistan emailed me 30 minutes ago to tell me they had inquired about Bullet to learn he had been rescued by another of the groups I emailed: https://lgarinc.org

I do not know if my networking had anything to do with his rescue, but i am very happy about this.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:09:28 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »

DR elmore I expect your networking did help.  I also believe your calls vs facebook may have had a stronger impact.  Wishing Bullet a long happy life.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2018, 03:16:18 PM »

MEGA MONEY VIBES to Larry!

May you soon be flooded with checks and other good news!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »

The rest of us, too!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2018, 03:16:45 PM »

CD arrival is very good news.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:57 PM »

I saw my Chinese acupuncturist today for the first time since spring. I've been going to the kosher acupuncturist, who does Japanese acupuncture (fewer needles). Trying to tell whether there's any difference.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »

I then stopped at Mrs Winston's, a salad bar/sandwich bar/soup bar/juice bar/mini green grocer. My kind of place. The tall young man who works there was the cashier today. He picked up the box containing my quinoa salad and asked if I wanted to guess the weight. I guessed in dollars: $3.12. No, too high. Then my cheese and avocado sandwich. $7.50. Again, too high. I asked, tongue in check, if there was a reward for guessing correctly. Yes! It's free! Really?! He said that some customers take this very seriously. As I often buy many of the same items I really should play this game often.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »

Given all the stress today I appreciate merchants who have a sense of humor and make routine shopping  fun.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »

MEGA MONEY VIBES to Larry!

May you soon be flooded with checks and other good news!

Thank you, DR Jeanne!  I wish that for all of us.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »

So, here's to the inhumanity of the Manhattan ACC and why I wish it were a no-kill shelter.

This is seven-week old Tina Turner.  she's less than eight weeks, so she cannot go onto the adoption lists.  Instead, she's to be euthanized tomorrow unless a New Hope Rescue saves her.  And why?
Tina Turner is an underweight kitten which makes her more vulnerable to illness and is not a candidate to be in adoptions with the regular population at this time. Tina Turner is with her Queen, and if pulled, the rescue group should also consider taking her Queen. Behaviorally, there are no observed concerns for Tina Turner.

Instead of treating her, getting her well, and putting her up for aoption, they'd sooner kill her or let her be someone else's problem!  And you should also rescue her mother.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2018, 03:43:16 PM »

So, when I got my flu shot last night I asked about getting a pneumonia shot as well.

I'd been given my first one a year ago and they told me I have to know which one it was, because there are two. You get one, then you wait a year, and then you get the other one. And then theoretically, for most people, you don't get any more. I didn't remember ever hearing that, but I just checked with the doctor's office and they confirmed it and told me which one I'd gotten. So I'll head back over to Walgreen's probably tomorrow and get that second one.

I prefer to separate my vaccinations to avoid/enhance reactions.

You really should be keeping a personal record of all of your vaccinations as well as medical information.

I agree about separating vaccinations, especially for those of us who tend to be sensitive or have allergies.

It really is the responsibility of the medical practice to keep track of all the medical data, but in my experience they often do a poor job. Given that they have all the information in the computer it would be sooo easy to either give the patients hardcopy or have something they could print themselves. When I was at UCLA I asked a couple times for a summary of my test results. What I received was difficult to even make sense of. Does the blame belong to the IT departments or to the senior managers who seem to want to keep patients in the dark? Maybe both. It then falls to the patients to check everything out and be more knowledgeable than they should have to be. Pray that you get informed and conscientious staff, but be informed yourself in case you don't.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2018, 03:43:36 PM »

I think that'll be my rant for the day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »

Hoping to hear GOOD NEWS from Vixmom!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2018, 03:50:45 PM »

In fact, hoping to hear ANY good news!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2018, 03:51:12 PM »

Good weekend vibes to all.

TTFN.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »

Oh, I forgot. BROKENWOOD MYSTERIES season 5 starts Dec 3 on Acorn TV.

(That's good news for me and for John G, too, I think.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »

Back from picking up some packages including this year's Christmas cards, so for once I'll get them out early.  Also got a loverly early birthday present from FJL and his ever-lovin' Skip.  I really must try not to eat it all at once.  Helper has come and is on his way to get CDs, which he'll then bring right back to me, after which I'll mosey on over to the theater.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2018, 05:00:06 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »

And thankfully the pension check, as it's supposed to, arrived a day early - so happy there was no repeat of last month.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up