Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VAGARIES OF THE VAGARIES  (Read 5121 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE VAGARIES OF THE VAGARIES
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2018, 08:25:20 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2018, 08:26:01 PM »

I'm back to Berlin Alexanderplatz. I'm finishing up episode 11 tonight. Only two more episodes to go.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »

It's getting a little too brutal for my tastes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »

Only six days until I leave.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »

When should I start counting hours?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »

My sister made fun of me for telling her today I was packing my long johns, langen Unterhosen in German.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »

It's supposed to snow the day I get over there.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »

Why didn't I go to a tropical isle for Christmas? Would someone please program How'd You Like to Spend Christmas on Christmas Island? please.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »

Good evening, jan. How are you?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2018, 08:38:39 PM »

Gratuitous post No. 99!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »

Travel vibes to DR Jane and Keith!

Thanks.  All went well and our friends arrived from LA just in time to pick us up from the airport.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 09:42:06 PM »

I am turning off my computer and leaving for the airport.  Then we are off to Las Vegas where I expected it to be warmer and drier.  Nope, only got the warmer part as it is raining there today.  It should be partly sunny, but warmer, for my birthday.

Travel vibes!

Thanks.  Our friends had rain most of the way here but happily it is not raining hete.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »

Travel vibes for DR JANE.

Thank you.  The Venetian/Palazzo is very large.  Once we checked in we never left it.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2018, 09:45:23 PM »

I am turning off my computer and leaving for the airport.  Then we are off to Las Vegas where I expected it to be warmer and drier.  Nope, only got the warmer part as it is raining there today.  It should be partly sunny, but warmer, for my birthday.

~~~Travel Vibes for Jane and Keith!!~~~

Thanks.  I forgot a few things at home, things I have never forgotten before.  We had to buy a hairbrush today.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »

Travel vibes to Jane and Keith!

Thanks.  They upgraded us to a very nice, very large 2 room suite.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2018, 09:46:46 PM »

I'm sorry for being away from HHW so much again. 

It is nice to have you back.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2018, 09:51:09 PM »

It's supposed to snow the day I get over there.

Stay warm and dry.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2018, 09:54:55 PM »

Almost done with it.  I'm sorry, but literally every single thing from the original movie has a lesser version here.  And the only time any of it feels emotional is when they shamelessly quote the Sherman Brothers' songs in the underscore.  There's a lesser Step in Time that's horribly shot in terms of coverage, there's the I Love to Laugh scene (with Meryl Streep here) and it's all relentless.  And the attempt to have Michael Banks be his father, having apparently learned nothing from when he was a kid in this same story, well - and it just goes on and on.  Plus, there is now a VILLAIN and  that is just awful.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »

What a shame.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2018, 10:26:23 PM »

I'm sure some will love it to pieces. 

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:49 PM »

I expect so.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »

I suppose I should try and get some sleep.  Tomorrow is a busy day beginning with the gym to burn off some calories.   We didn't walk much today.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »

'night.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:17 PM »

I had a particularly unpleasant e-mail exchange with some idiot who used to e-mail me nicely and ask questions or converse.  Last year, when the Kevin Spacey thing, along with all the OTHER things, was going on, someone on some thread on his Facebook page posted something inane and I, as is my wont, took him on and said my usual FACT: In the United States of America one is innocent until proven guilty - that is the basis of the legal system.  Seems simple to me, but alas, I got unfriended and blocked for taking on someone he knew.  He wrote me at that time a very nasty e-mail.  Then nothing.  And a couple of weeks ago I posted something in a thread of his - how I saw it if I was blocked I have no idea, but it was the same sort of thing, merely pointing out something factual - don't even remember what it was now.  And he came after me again and wrote me a long screed e-mail that I chose not to respond to, demanding an apology, how I was abusive, narcissistic, awful, horrible, and every other vile thing he could think of.

This morning I got another, just regurgitating the first e-mail and how I needed to apologize and how even Mr. Sondheim had apologized to him over something or other, which, of course, is just laughable.  Just remember: This guy was a huge fan of mine and sought out my opinion and support on any number of things.  Suddenly I'm his talentless mortal enemy.  It's amusing on some level, although I'm still trying to figure out that level.  Actually, when you think about it, it's rather like my long-time stalker here (and everywhere else she can follow me) - at some point I said something she didn't like, and this is the result.  They suddenly hate everything about you and try to smear you and your reputation anywhere they can.  So, this time I responded.  And he made the bad mistake of responding to my response, and actually made some rather specious accusations that even he had to admit he couldn't really back up - stuff he said people who knew me had said about me - yes, some anonymous people - funny how it's always that.  Well, I took the gloves off, told him I was forwarding all the e-mails to my attorney, which I did, and said his inferences and implications were libelous and slanderous and that he was going down a very dangerous road because, and I know this is radical, I actually know what I have and have not done over the years.  He could not stop, but did back attempt to back off by saying he was allowed to "hear" things about me and that he said nothing slanderous or libelous, which of course was incorrect and I have the e-mail to prove it.  Then he kind of implied it all over again.  I told him to stop.  This idiot had donated, I think, to the Nudie Musical Kickstarter and I  believe he, along with a lot of others, are thanked somewhere.  He told me to remove his name (yeah, right) and that he HATES the move (yeah, right, dolt - that's why you contributed) - I mean at that point I said the most obvious thing - I told him to take a couple of days and reread these e-mails and tell me which of us is acting like a jilted lover or a six-year-old.  Hint: Not me.  But he kept responding saying I was persona non grata.  My final missive was, if I'm persona non grata why does he persist in e-mailing.  He responded "You are persona non grata." Frankly, that sounds like some kind of potato dish to me.  I'm not responding, just forwarding the the attorney.  If he continues on, he will, of course, RUE the day.

What is wrong with some people?? :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:30 PM »

I'm sorry for being away from HHW so much again. 

It is nice to have you back.

...where you belong!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »

(a Hello, Dolly! reference.)

;)

George

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2018, 11:14:02 PM »

Almost done with it.  I'm sorry, but literally every single thing from the original movie has a lesser version here.  And the only time any of it feels emotional is when they shamelessly quote the Sherman Brothers' songs in the underscore.  There's a lesser Step in Time that's horribly shot in terms of coverage, there's the I Love to Laugh scene (with Meryl Streep here) and it's all relentless.  And the attempt to have Michael Banks be his father, having apparently learned nothing from when he was a kid in this same story, well - and it just goes on and on.  Plus, there is now a VILLAIN and  that is just awful.

That's really too bad. :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2018, 11:34:23 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2018, 11:34:36 PM »

One more post.