Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A WONDERFUL FIRST DAY OF 2019 AND A WONDERFUL FIRST DAY OF WRITING A NEW BOOK  (Read 4156 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

Like TCB, I kept thinking yesterday was Sunday. But today I kept thinking today was Thursday. ???

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

DR Jennifer, illegal fireworks are common in many areas. I, too, feel that they are dangerous, but there seems to be no stopping some people. Personally, I don't understand the appeal. A professional fireworks show, yes, but not the amateur ones.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

DR Jane, so glad you have heat now. How horrible to be shivering! I hope the hotel maintenance people came promptly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

TCB, I suspect that some of that underwear was from gifts and not chosen by the wearer.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

You're right, George. Rosemary Clooney hated Come On'A My House when she first heard it. I got to interview her five times back in college. Saw her twice. A real pro and a lovely person.

A Rosemary Clooney side story:  I remember seeing her on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and he commented on how well she enunciated when she sang, that you could understand every word that she sang.  I remembered that and most of my singing training was in choirs when you really had to enunciate, too, so I learned how to enunciate when singing and that carried over into my acting.  I've always tried to be deliberate (but not obvious) when I sing and act with my enunciating (unlike some friends who just speed through their dialog and don't think about if they'll actually be understood).  Anyway, during one of the vocal warm-ups for A Christmas Story last month, the music director commented on how well I enunciate when I sing! ;D

Well done. I wish that more students were taught to enunciate. So many mumble and slur and I can't understand them.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

I am sorry for my constant crowing but I am so happy and thankful I cannot believe my good luck

We are very happy for you, too. It was long overdue.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

It's nice to see BK enjoying himself so much with this new book.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

Congrats on all the awards for A CAROL CHRISTMAS. Well-deserved, to be sure.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

We have had an unusual spate of cold weather--cold for us, anyway. I pulled out my wool sweaters and jackets. I'm usually fine in a fleece jacket, but not these days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

Today I tackled the linen closet. Whenever I don't have a place for something I put it in the linen closet. Said linen closet has been COMPLETELY full. I was afraid that if I pulled everything out to reorganize I'd never be able to get it all back in. I'm taking it one shelf at a time and am now maybe 35% done. And, yes, it was difficult to get it all back in, even after tossing some things.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

I don't know - no one here has said much about the A Carol Christmas CD - just a couple of comments in passing.  Maybe no one likes it.  I do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

I think I'll just resume writing in about an hour from now.  Not in the mood to really watch anything, so I'll just relax and ponder, then try to barrel through at least four more pages, but perhaps four beyond that to finish the chapter.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I haven't seen Rosemary's son Rafael in years but we were pretty good friends for a while.  To his dismay, everyone referred to him as Rosemary's Baby.  I worked with her on a Brooklyn Academy of Music-PBS Gershwin special that one several Emmys around 1988.  I told her I was from the Cincinnati area and she told me she hated going back to visit family.  She was really wonderful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.

I haven't seen Rosemary's son Rafael in years but we were pretty good friends for a while.  To his dismay, everyone referred to him as Rosemary's Baby.  I worked with her on a Brooklyn Academy of Music-PBS Gershwin special that one several Emmys around 1988.  I told her I was from the Cincinnati area and she told me she hated going back to visit family.  She was really wonderful.

Cool story.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

I'm continuing my Irish kick with Mike Newell's charming Into the West, which I also haven't seen since it first came out. This one's about a mystical white horse, Tir Na Nog, and two boys who can ride him.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

Well, this is cool:  Jay Inslee, the ‘Climate Candidate,’ Joins the 2020 Race.  A friend used to work for him before he became the governor and really liked him.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:47:21 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

Well, this is cool:  Jay Inslee, the ‘Climate Candidate,’ Joins the 2020 Race.  A friend used to work for him before he became the governor and really liked him.

I wish him the best of luck.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

And now, it's time for me to leave work and not be here anymore.  I think I need to do some shopping (I at least want to get some gas), so we'll see where I end up.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

I forgot what an old-fashioned tearjerker Into the West is. Fine family entertainment.
― Voltaire

John G.

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Thirteen pages so far, so I'll do at least one more, maybe two - not sure I'll quite finish the chapter, but will if I'm feeling adventurous.  Meanwhile, not posts in two hours, how unseemly.  Perhaps people are listening to A Carol Christmas?  Sure would be nice to hear some thoughts, whether yay or nay.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Okay, what IS this?  It has now been three HOURS since the last post that wasn't mine.  Page four?  Really? 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Watched a bad movie I've seen before but for a specific reason.  And then wrote another page, and will definitely write one more before bed - that will make fifteen pages.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

Hi , my name is Vixmom
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

And I'm an addict
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom