Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ERRATIC NATURE OF SLEEP  (Read 4281 times)

Laura

Re: THE ERRATIC NATURE OF SLEEP
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:19 PM »

This afternoon we saw a local production of "Jersey Boys." I had seen it twice on tour. The big theater where the touring shows play has such bad sound, that I didn't get most of what was going on. The sound in this little theater is so great I could follow everything.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »

This afternoon we saw a local production of "Jersey Boys." I had seen it twice on tour. The big theater where the touring shows play has such bad sound, that I didn't get most of what was going on. The sound in this little theater is so great I could follow everything.

Nice.  I've ushered for so many touring shows where the sound is bad or just too loud.  It's always refreshing to be able to comfortably hear a show or concert. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »

Apparently this morning is the calm before the storm.

I read that.  So far we have been lucky down here.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2019, 05:27:22 PM »

There were a couple of places in the upper reaches of Western Washington that got over 18 inches of snow.

My friend in Port Angeles has 28".

Jane

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »

AND I just got a text from work saying that all the Timberland libraries are closed tomorrow! :D

Enjoy your paid holiday.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2019, 05:29:57 PM »

Bread.

We have bread.

This, ladies and gentlemen, can only mean one thing: 

Egg sandwiches!

I have eggs, but I don't have bread.  I do have tortillas.  I made some scrambled eggs with cheese and sour cream a few day ago and put that in a tortilla.  It was quite delish.

I used to make vegetarian tocos with scrambled eggs plus all the other fixings.  They were good.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2019, 05:31:15 PM »

They were completely correct about the previous snowjob, even down to the correct hour it was to start.

The miracle of modern technology!

Except when it comes to the weather modern technology isn't normally all that accurate ;)

Jane

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »

Nice :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »

Back from Gentleman’s Guide.

LOVE IT!

The D’Ysquiths were masterfully played by our Michael in I Do! I Do!  Everyone did a beautiful job with it. Even the orchestra was beautiful.

Vixmom, this was at the Warner in Torrington. Too bad it was the closing performance.

Glad you enjoyed it. I liked the show much better in performance than on disc.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »

Well, the San Antonio Chamber Choir was really fun, and they had a full house of about 100. It was in a small rotunda. The other two theaters were occupied and you could actually hear people in the main lobby talking while the show was going on.

Two actors did a series of scenes from Shakespeare's plays. Yes, most were the expected pieces. (All the world's a stage ..., the stuff that dreams are made on ...), but the mad scene from King Lear were unexpectedly moving and the scene between Orlando and Rosalind in disguise from As You Like It was really funny.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »

The song list was largely wonderful, with plenty of Ralph Vaughn Williams' settings of Shakespeare on the program along with an American premiere of the setting of Shall I compare thee to a summer's day.

The composer, Hsueh-Yung Shen was in the audience, and it was a lovely piece.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »

Because it's been cold and nasty, so I made soup for dinner. Chicken with some tomatillo and parsley.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »

Tonight's fun is Affair in Trinidad with Glenn Ford and an ultra-fine Rita Hayworth. Sex and shadows. A great musical score and just a load of fun. 

― Voltaire

George

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2019, 05:49:42 PM »

AND I just got a text from work saying that all the Timberland libraries are closed tomorrow! :D

Enjoy your paid holiday.

Thanks, Jane!  I intend to!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »

The Band's Visit won the Grammy for cast album. Nice.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2019, 05:52:41 PM »

Bread.

We have bread.

This, ladies and gentlemen, can only mean one thing: 

Egg sandwiches!

I have eggs, but I don't have bread.  I do have tortillas.  I made some scrambled eggs with cheese and sour cream a few day ago and put that in a tortilla.  It was quite delish.

I used to make vegetarian tocos with scrambled eggs plus all the other fixings.  They were good.

I was hungry, so I just made some eggs with some leftover chilli that I had at Costco and added cheese and sour cream.  I put that on a tortilla and ate it all up.  Yummy!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2019, 06:04:56 PM »

It is strange for us not having a car with 4 wheel drive, or tracking, or something.  Even though we didn't have much snow we were a bit apprehensive driving up the hill out of our garage.  Fortunately the right side of the driveway was in the sun and the ice had melted.  We hit one other little patch getting on the freeway.  Other than that all was good.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2019, 06:06:25 PM »

We had to go out as today was the last day of the furniture sale at Macy's.  Since we moved here I have been saying we need a pull out couch and Keith has disagreed even though he desperately wanted to get rid of the old, way too long, couch that is in my office.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2019, 06:08:36 PM »

Today we purchased a small couch that pulls out into a full size bed.  It will be delivered on Friday unless I need to postpone the delivery.  We have to get someone to take away the old couch.  It is a very good couch and I still love it, even if it is too big.  The salesman at Macy's gave us a number for a charity that picks up couches.  Fingers crossed they will come to us, and do so this week.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »

Nothing like company coming to get us motivated ;)

Jane

« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »

I just looked up the charity.  It's a shelter to help homeless families regain their independence.  I like that.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2019, 06:10:50 PM »

DR George except for the chili part your dinner sounds good.

George

« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »

DR George except for the chili part your dinner sounds good.

I got a hot dog and a container of chili at Costco's deli, and had a chili dog for lunch when I went out today.  I didn't put that much chili on the hot dog, so I still have a lot left, even after putting some on my eggs. :)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2019, 06:27:51 PM »

Back from Gentleman’s Guide.

LOVE IT!

The D’Ysquiths were masterfully played by our Michael in I Do! I Do!  Everyone did a beautiful job with it. Even the orchestra was beautiful.

Vixmom, this was at the Warner in Torrington. Too bad it was the closing performance.

That was such a beautiful theatre.  I hope to come up again, maybe with enough time to explore the neighborhood as well
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2019, 07:06:45 PM »

I don’t know about any 22 items, but I was reading a few more of the stories this morning!

Now it tells me there were 2 visitors today and 25 items perused!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »

Been reading Elegy Landscapes, a wonderful look at the paintings of Turner and Constable. Nice to be able to pick up a book and read. Work this week hasn't let that happen much. I hope this week is easier, but I doubt it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2019, 08:08:11 PM »

Did anybody watch the recent Masterpiece production of The Woman in White? I got it from the library, but don't know if it's worth watching. I'm sure it's better than Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical version, but then, so is an allergy fit.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2019, 08:16:50 PM »

"A Gentleman's Guide" is one of the musicals that one of the local theaters is doing this fall. The Public Theater, as it is now calling itself, has an interesting season planned, which both tried and true ("Mary Poppins," "Into the Woods") and newer stuff, including "Elf," "Bright Star," "First Date" and "Amelie," the last of which bored me silly on Broadway.

The theater has staged the World War I Christmas revue "All Is Calm" for the last two years, and they're mounting it again, but they're doing it at another theater, since they're doing Elf. That's an interesting twist. The show has proved to be really popular.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2019, 08:17:00 PM »

Can we get off this page?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2019, 08:17:08 PM »

One more post ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up