Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BLURBILICIOUS  (Read 6670 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: BLURBILICIOUS
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2019, 01:16:01 PM »

It has been said that I'm a good lay reader, but I think it's different than what DR VIXMOM is doing.

Duly noted.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2019, 01:16:09 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2019, 01:40:37 PM »

It has been said that I'm a good lay reader, but I think it's different than what DR VIXMOM is doing.

Speculations are endless.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2019, 02:54:20 PM »

Grant came by and showed me how to do the little tab fixes and I did them all.  So, that's done.  I went to Gelson's and got stuff for my meal.  I sautéed some chicken (about five ounces), onion, then added ingredients in the skillet to turn it into a kind of stroganoff.  I served it over rice and it was great - and under 1000 calories.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »

And very filling.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2019, 03:15:03 PM »

Vixmom, you said over easy. Do you go for runny yolks in your egg sandwiches? I know it would be delicious, but isn't it quite messy?

I always think back to my first ever cheeseburger with egg at the Hamburger Hamlet. The Mighty Brunchburger, and the most delicious damned thing ever, but my god, you'd have to lean over your plate every time you took a bite. And there'd still be a mess. So good, though.

Oh yes, nice and runny, don't break the yolks don't cut it...and then when I get home put it on a plate and open it and carefully break the yolk so it can all e sopped up by the roll, then put the top back on and cut it into 4ths  , and then if there are any yolk drips you can mop it up with the edge of the sandwich
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »

Now I want another one

ChasSmith

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »

Okay, so you’re not biting into it whole that way. Because I can just imagine the explosion...

vixmom

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2019, 03:22:42 PM »

While at the store just now, I was thinking on how Muenster cheese had been more of a thing for me in L.A.

In those days I was regularly buying packages of sliced cheese, like the Kraft variety packs with three or four types, one of those being Muenster. So it was a regular sandwich thing for me. These days I see less variety than what I'm remembering from then, at least in my local store. Muenster might be in a pack of its own, but I'm usually going after an aged Swiss or a sharp cheddar and not looking at others.

So there you have it. I'll have to re-broaden my cheesey horizons a bit.

meunster  is so wonderfully buttery

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »

Yesterday I decided I wanted breadsticks. So I made breadsticks. I ate too many breadsticks.

I have never thought of breadsticks as something you make, I think of them as something I am served in a restaurant. 

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2019, 03:28:00 PM »

I do my lay reading in a pulpit in front of the whole congregation, how 'bout you?

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2019, 03:29:16 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from my spiffy new MacBook Air!  I received the call at 10:30 this morning that it was ready to pick up.  We waited until the winter weather advisory had expired and had a smooth trip to Kenwood Towne Center.  The Apple Store was a zoo - is it ever not - but we were in and out pretty fast.  All my data is there and I need to explore the new features.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »

Okay, so you’re not biting into it whole that way. Because I can just imagine the explosion...

Oh no that would never work

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »

LOL

Jane

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2019, 03:36:04 PM »

Yesterday I decided I wanted breadsticks. So I made breadsticks. I ate too many breadsticks.

I have never thought of breadsticks as something you make, I think of them as something I am served in a restaurant. 

I have baked bread loaves, braided, rolls, soup bowls, pizza, but never bread sticks.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2019, 03:36:53 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from my spiffy new MacBook Air!  I received the call at 10:30 this morning that it was ready to pick up.  We waited until the winter weather advisory had expired and had a smooth trip to Kenwood Towne Center.  The Apple Store was a zoo - is it ever not - but we were in and out pretty fast.  All my data is there and I need to explore the new features.

Enjoy your new MacBook Air!

vixmom

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2019, 03:38:11 PM »

In my celebration of the joy of egg sandwiches and muenster cheese I forgot to mention how nice I think the blurb is fur BKs new book

vixmom

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »

Enjoy!

vixmom

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2019, 03:42:19 PM »

I dislike Muenster cheese.

You and I could never share a kitchen , no meat, hazelnuts or muenster cheese?

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jane and Vixmom!  So far, so good...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2019, 03:58:12 PM »

Congrats on your MacBook, DR Ginny!

I was wondering when you first posted about this why you’d be going into Cincinnati for an Apple store. Is Kenwood the closest one to you?

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2019, 04:07:39 PM »

I dislike Muenster cheese.

You and I could never share a kitchen , no meat, hazelnuts or muenster cheese?

:D

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2019, 04:07:53 PM »

I was wondering when you first posted about this why you’d be going into Cincinnati for an Apple store. Is Kenwood the closest one to you?

We've been going to the Kenwood store since it opened in the fall of 2001 and we've lost count of the number of computers we've purchased there.  There's also an Apple Store at The Greene in Beavercreek (suburban Dayton), but we haven't been there.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2019, 04:08:11 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jane and Vixmom!  So far, so good...

Fingers crossed there aren't any issues.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

Friends are here.

Laters

ChasSmith

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »

We've been going to the Kenwood store since it opened in the fall of 2001 and we've lost count of the number of computers we've purchased there.  There's also an Apple Store at The Greene in Beavercreek (suburban Dayton), but we haven't been there.

I was thinking those distances were much greater. Just looked at the map and re-educated myself!

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2019, 04:15:39 PM »

Yes, DR ChasSmith, it's not called Middletown for nothing  ;)

ChasSmith

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2019, 04:23:43 PM »

Yes, DR ChasSmith, it's not called Middletown for nothing  ;)

HAH! Yes!

And pretty close to Sweet Apple, I reckon.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »

Sweet Apple?  More like Sour Grapes, sometimes...

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2019, 04:44:14 PM »

It's one Bacall reminder after another.  In "Woman of the Year," about the sexy Russian ballet star Tess Harding was interviewing, she got a very concerned look and said about the language barrier, "I asked him if he wanted to defect, but I think he got the wrong idea."

The same pun is in Moscow on the Hudson when Robin Williams hides behind a counter at Macy's and tells the security guard he wants to defect.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up