Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PASSOVER, GOOD FRIDAY, AND ROCK CANDY  (Read 6136 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: PASSOVER, GOOD FRIDAY, AND ROCK CANDY
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2019, 09:53:51 AM »

Meeting canceled.

Are you jumping for joy?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »

Jane, you need different friends
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2019, 10:36:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - about six and a half hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »

The phone rang at eight - robo call, not that I picked it up.  Two people texted at eight-thirty - ding, ding, ding - answered those.  Someone called my cell at nine.  Finally fell back asleep only to be awakened by the doorbell - some guy who gave me a CD to hear who keeps showing up unannounced.  I've avoided him but decided to deal with it today.  I told him I enjoyed the CD.  He asked if I could help him with distribution - I said no, not our thing, goodbye.  He didn't want to hear that, but I repeated it three times and he finally left.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2019, 11:37:06 AM »

Starting to watch Hal. Fun documentary, if in the same “talking heads” mold as too many other director docs.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2019, 12:07:30 PM »

Allergy vibes for DR ELMORE.

Getting though the paperwork vibes for DR TCB.

~~~DITTO and DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2019, 12:08:45 PM »

I have a question for those of you who don't drink alcohol, Bruce, TCB, anyone else?  When you go out to dinner with friends do you mind if they want drinks first & maybe an appetizer before ordering dinner?

I rarely drink. ::) But I don't mind at all.  I just get my usual diet Pepsi/Coke with lime and I'm fine. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »

Jane

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2019, 12:16:33 PM »

I have a question for those of you who don't drink alcohol, Bruce, TCB, anyone else?  When you go out to dinner with friends do you mind if they want drinks first & maybe an appetizer before ordering dinner?

I rarely drink. ::) But I don't mind at all.  I just get my usual diet Pepsi/Coke with lime and I'm fine. 

Thanks.  I didn't think you minded.

George

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »

Topic of the Day (CDs that I've recently received...in no particular order...and I know I won't have the time to listen to all of them today, or even this weekend):

Company (2018 London Cast Recording...just finished this!)
Jerome Kern Revisited (listening to this now)
Spotlight on Gwen Verdon
Sing Out, Sweet Land!/Down in the Valley
Ann Hampton Callaway:  Jazz Goes to the Movies
Mark Winkler & Cheryl Bentyne: Eastern Standard Time
The Importance: The musical version of Oscar Wilde's THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST
Song of Singapore: Recorded live at the Minerva Theatre, Chichester with the original London cast
Songbook: original London Cast
Oklahoma!: 75th anniversary new reissue Featuring Members Of The Original 1943 New York Production

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2019, 02:05:01 PM »

Happy Good Friday and/or Passover!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2019, 02:05:44 PM »

DR JANE I usually just order my drink or NON drink.....and I finish it before I leave.....it sounds like your friends were rushing you a bit much.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2019, 02:28:03 PM »

Back from a chili, cheese, and onion hot dog and a side Caesar salad, and picking up a package.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »

DR JANE I usually just order my drink or NON drink.....and I finish it before I leave.....it sounds like your friends were rushing you a bit much.....

Do you order food when you get your drink, or relax a bit first and then order?  Or to word it differently, if you are not drinking do you mind having non drinks and visiting for a bit, and then ordering?

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »

DR John, Keith laughed when I told him your response.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »

Do you order food when you get your drink, or relax a bit first and then order?  Or to word it differently, if you are not drinking do you mind having non drinks and visiting for a bit, and then ordering?

It depends on how hungry I am be what time it is and if I need to be somewhere else soon
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »

But do you mind relaxing with friends if they are drinking and you are not?  Pretend you are not rushed.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »

I just received a strange call.  Caller ID said it was from a Home Service and showed an 800 number.  I expected it might be a scam when I answered but I can't figure out was the scam is.  It was a recorded message saying something, not sure what it was, is ready for me to pick up at my doctor's office.  That's it. 

George

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2019, 03:39:38 PM »

But do you mind relaxing with friends if they are drinking and you are not?  Pretend you are not rushed.

It doesn't bother me.  If I'm with friends and am not rushed, why would I be bothered by sitting and chatting with friends? :)

George

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »

I just received a strange call.  Caller ID said it was from a Home Service and showed an 800 number.  I expected it might be a scam when I answered but I can't figure out was the scam is.  It was a recorded message saying something, not sure what it was, is ready for me to pick up at my doctor's office.  That's it. 

Did the message say that you need to pick up something "at your doctor's office"?  Or did it mention your name and your doctor's name?  If it wasn't specific to you, then it's probably spam and I wouldn't worry about it.  You could also call your doctor's office directly and NOT that 800 number, and see what they say.

George

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »

Back from a chili, cheese, and onion hot dog and a side Caesar salad, and picking up a package.

Because you've mentioned it so often before, I decided to get a chili, cheese, and onion hot dog today.  It was quite delish!  I didn't have a salad or pick up a package, though. 

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »

It doesn't bother me.  If I'm with friends and am not rushed, why would I be bothered by sitting and chatting with friends? :)

That's what I am trying to figure out-lol

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2019, 04:01:49 PM »

DR Elmore, I hope your payment from Ireland gets straightened out quickly. How annoying.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2019, 04:06:26 PM »

That's what I am trying to figure out-lol

Jane, I've known people who rush through everything they do. One woman I knew wanted to get up and leave the restaurant the moment she finished eating! They are not pleasant companions.

Neither BK nor I drink and yet we've had many meals where we chatted for quite some time before ordering. For me, it would depend on how long they wanted to visit before ordering--and how sloshed they got.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2019, 04:12:49 PM »

Talking about strange things happening (we were, weren't we?), how about this puzzler:

A week or so ago I purchased a box of oatmeal-coconut cookies, which sounded tasty. The box had a cardboard zipper on it, which you pull to open. I opened it to find two plastic trays of cookies, each wrapped and sealed in plastic. EXCEPT, the top tray had been opened and several of the cookies missing! I didn't keep the box so I can't really check, but I keep wondering if there's a way to somehow open the box without undoing the zipper. Otherwise, the theft must have occurred at the factory. I tried the untampered with cookies and didn't much care for them and don't plan to buy them again, but it has left me wondering.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2019, 04:16:34 PM »

True Jeanne.  We never have liqueur at Factor's, yet I do not recall ordering right away.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2019, 04:17:39 PM »

I'm also missing two items of little importance--an old sweater and my canvas laundry bag. These are not items someone would likely steal. I seldom lose anything, so it's another puzzler. I imagine they'll turn up one day when I least expect it. Oh, THERE it is!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »

Talking about strange things happening (we were, weren't we?), how about this puzzler:

A week or so ago I purchased a box of oatmeal-coconut cookies, which sounded tasty. The box had a cardboard zipper on it, which you pull to open. I opened it to find two plastic trays of cookies, each wrapped and sealed in plastic. EXCEPT, the top tray had been opened and several of the cookies missing! I didn't keep the box so I can't really check, but I keep wondering if there's a way to somehow open the box without undoing the zipper. Otherwise, the theft must have occurred at the factory. I tried the untampered with cookies and didn't much care for them and don't plan to buy them again, but it has left me wondering.

I would say that is strange.  Maybe it was a machine that had a glitz and didn't put all of the cookies in.  Or Lucy & Ethel were in charge of filling the boxes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up