Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SKEWERING CAN BE SO MUCH FUN  (Read 4140 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SKEWERING CAN BE SO MUCH FUN
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »

We were going to do a live recording of the revue, but it couldn't happen for this performance and so probably will not happen, at least here with this company.  I'm not sure how the issues that are now in the air can be fixed.  An e-mail, signed by the cast, the producer, and me, will go out in the next day or two.  The crux of this has to do with last month's NY concert of this material.  None of us were consulted, asked, or anything.  Our structure was used - and although it would probably be denied, a good deal of it came from me (one quick example - in the original order they gave me, the opening number was what I suggested be our finale, as it didn't set up the show correctly - I suggested what should open it and that's how the show opens).  Of course, I have the proof of that because I have the original proposed structure, which was not so hot.  In NY, there was no rehearsal, the cast, mostly known names, read lyrics from music stands, no staging, and yet the writer was thrilled because the audience laughed and they were names (like our cast is chopped liver - not).  Our producer was so angry and upset that she took him on about it and he got furious with her because she told him that it was her idea to make this into a show.  His POV is that he had that idea long ago.  That's all semantics, however.  He may have had the idea long ago BUT it was she who made it happen , not he.  She brought me in right from the start and I was part of every meeting and every decision.  She found the cast - her friends and folks she'd met at Kritzerland. 

And the cast learned of the NY thing (which is happening again in June) via a post on Facebook.  That's just disrespectful, in my opinion.  I don't think anyone would have the chutzpah to use my staging and hopefully that will remain the case.  They really don't want to do that, if you get my meaning.  But the right thing would have been to at least have a conversation with all of us.  At least give our case the chance to go to NY on their own dime to do it (all of them would have and then they could have had a SHOW instead of a "concert" with actors reading lyrics, not knowing tunes, etc.).  It really left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, frankly.  And they all feel it's important for him to know how they feel.  I think there's ego involved here and I'm not sure it will have any effect except further alienation.  Which is a shame, because everyone worked really hard, and the result was and is a fantastic PRODUCTION with fun staging, fully directed performances, and audiences that loved every second of it.  It's too bad, really, but I understand it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2019, 09:49:11 AM »

Jrand, nothing has happened with the social security because it's become such a pain in the ass having to fax stuff to Experian, which I resent.  The fact that social security needs some address from some credit reporting agency is ridiculous - they actually know what the address that Experian has is, but I've put in four or five addresses and none match, which is just really odd and irritating, and Experian won't give it to me or let me update it without me sending all kinds of stuff to them.  I may call social security again and see what can be done.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »

The laundry is finished and all the payments went into the post.  That's a big weight I'm happy to be out from under.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »

That is a pain and a hassle MR BK....but it IS your money.  Yes surely someone at SS can help you.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »

That story about the NYC show is shocking and ridiculous....you and your cast/staff have every reason to be upset and angry.

John G.

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »

That story about the NYC show is shocking and ridiculous....you and your cast/staff have every reason to be upset and angry.

Yes. Pissy thieves.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2019, 11:04:36 AM »

You may be feeling the effects of the Mercury-Uranus conjunction today:

Today's provocative Mercury-Uranus conjunction in determined Taurus adds electricity to romantic interactions and makes you think of all the amazing possibilities. You might very well be accused of having a one-track mind today, too, because once you get stuck on an idea, you have a hard time shaking it.

Shaking Uranus with a Mercury conjunction would need Bob Fosse choreography to be sure.

KevinH

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2019, 11:37:26 AM »

Good afternoon!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »

Hi all.  Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes.  I see some of you on Facebook. I try to keep it light as I’m having some health issues and I do hate to always sound like I’m complaining.  Be well all.

Welcome back, and...

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for Danise!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:56 PM »

Yes. Pissy thieves.

Agreed! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2019, 01:22:22 PM »

I am horrified and sad at what DR jan is going through....wow!  I'm going to stop complaining for awhile.

I wonder if DR JANE still has her tablet on her face?

I too feel bad for DR Jan.  It sounds like a complicated extraction, and to have a failed first attempt-double the pain :(

LOL.  I drop the tablet on my face many nights as I tend to fall asleep reading.  Sometimes it is hard enough to wake me.  Pressing hard on my nose like that was unusual, thank goodness ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:24:59 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2019, 01:26:28 PM »

I seem to be up early these morning and rushing all day.  This morning was more medical stuff.  At least I had time to go to the gym with Keith in-between our running errands.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »

Darn, I missed DR Danise.  It was nice though that she saw her birthday greetings.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »

I just watched last night's episode of FOSSE/VERNON, and I have a question.

In this episode, Vernon has a b.f. named "Ron," played by Jack Lacey.  He's an up-and-coming actor.

Is this character a work of fiction, or is he based on a real person?

If real, who is he supposed to be?
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2019, 02:05:15 PM »

Jerry Lanning.....this article is a long walk off a short pier....but finally answers the question.....

https://www.bustle.com/p/gwen-verdons-boyfriend-ron-on-fosseverdon-is-based-on-a-real-person-from-the-broadway-stars-life-17229816

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »

I've been trying to shake Uranus all day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »

Grant and I had lunch.  Islands.  It was good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2019, 02:47:22 PM »

But I'm sooooo overtired.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2019, 02:48:09 PM »

Then I picked up one lonely little package, then did banking, and now I'm listening to music until the tuner gets here.  Once he's through I'm going to sit on the couch and try to snooze.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2019, 02:51:30 PM »

Everyone LOVES last night's episode of of Fosse/Verdon - I wonder if I'm watching a different Fosse/Verdon than they are.  At least the previously aired episodes, as much as I have issues with all of them, had a musical number or dancing or SOMETHING.  Last night was all yakking all the time, ALL the characters, every one of them, was annoying and unpleasant, and while Michelle Williams sang a song at the piano, it was meaningless.  Also, the portrayal of Neil Simon is laughable.  As a matter of fact, so is Norbert Leo Butz's Paddy Chayefsky.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2019, 02:59:49 PM »

So far our weather is cooler than expected and I am not complaining.  I am not ready for it to be in the eighties yet.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »

I would have been ready if I could have enjoyed the pool that is about to open.  When the dermatologist sprayed out a pre-cancer (according to the biopsy) what looked like it was about to be cancer, she said not to go into the pool a few days without a water protective bandage.  Showers are ok.

Turns out I don't really have the free time to use the pool anyway, oh well.  Maybe next week.

John G.

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2019, 03:19:13 PM »

I wanna see High Button Shoes.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2019, 03:32:07 PM »

You're not supposed to look at your feet while you're dancing DR JOHN G.

John G.

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2019, 04:58:38 PM »

You're not supposed to look at your feet while you're dancing DR JOHN G.

Papa, won’t you dance with me?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »

I finally settled on a new pair of glasses.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »

I usually find it difficult to decide on a pair of glasses.  You would think it would be easier since my selection is limited since I need a small frame. 

George

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »

I finally settled on a new pair of glasses.

Cool!  Please take a picture when you get them!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2019, 06:36:38 PM »

Hello, everyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up