Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DINGING AND THE RINGING AND THE DISAPPEARING DAY AND NIGHT  (Read 6470 times)

FJL

Re: THE DINGING AND THE RINGING AND THE DISAPPEARING DAY AND NIGHT
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2019, 10:11:54 AM »

Even Five Napkin Burger, which for so long had stayed out of home delivery and had seemed like one of the last holdouts in the Hell's Kitchen area, now takes part through Postmates.

FJL

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »

The restaurants know Postmates has already vetted that the deliveree will pay.  It's all credit card. 

FJL

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »

And it's a Postmates person who does the delivering, not the restaurant's employee.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »

It is now setting in my carport to take tomorrow night....since I don't have rehearsal tonight.

Good grabbing.  I hope it works!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2019, 10:16:26 AM »

Thatch is with the vet, Stella's appointment is booked, and I am thoroughly irritated because of all the construction and bus delays on the Upper WQest Side are really pissing me off.  There shouldn't be a 20+ minute wait between buses.

Groan!

FJL

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2019, 10:16:48 AM »

TOD:  Popeyes is the best around here, KFC is just too greasy.   If I could get the chicken from Popeyes and the sides from KFC, that would be the best.  Safeway stores makes a decent fried chicken as well, and not to expensive.

This one was much better prepared than the KFC at Penn Station, which isnjust a few blocks away.

I guess KFC is not as picky as a franchise like McDonald's that the food preparation be pretty much the same in Manhattan as it is in Florida. 

FJL

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »

I really don't understand holding up fixing subway stations to put in a $400,000 to $1-million elevator as part of the project. 

Having a fleet of cars and drivers for the people who would need the elevators (get medical certification, like access-a-ride) within the five boroughs of NYC would cost a fraction of the elevators and the fund could last for  decades - as long as the riders are checked and not allowed to abuse it.

FJL

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2019, 10:22:26 AM »

Just an opinion.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2019, 10:35:22 AM »

I agree with Matthew on Popeyes over KFC (don’t tell my Kentucky peeps). Surprisingly, I like McDonald’s buttermilk chicken strips.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2019, 10:42:42 AM »

I would just like to remind everyone that there's at least ... one (1) person here who has never had a Skip friend <tm> chicken.

Depraved on account of I'm deprived.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:42 AM »

Thanks, vixmom, for the hat-tip to Skip's recipe  - did you ever try the recipe yourself?

I don't think I have the fried chicken recipe but I have made the flank steak and prime rib recipes he's shared and I get raves with the deviled egg recipe he gave me
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Laura

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »

There shouldn't be a 20+ minute wait between buses.

Our buses run every 30 or 60 minutes.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »

I'm hoping that Thatch behaves at the vet (unlike Joshie, who was a terror).
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:34 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - about seven and a half hours of sleep - was up at eleven with a telephonic call, then listened to an audition.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »

I would just like to remind everyone that there's at least ... one (1) person here who has never had a Skip friend <tm> chicken.

Make that two.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  We had to be at our local hospital at 8:45 this morning for Richard to have a diagnostic nerve block for his neck and shoulder pain.  He was kind of dizzy afterwards, so we picked up sandwiches on the way home instead of our usual brunch in a restaurant.  He’s better now, but taking it easy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2019, 12:20:38 PM »

Make that two.

Ive been having food tolerance issues (Dad said they started with him near 60 too), so I haven't had the fried chicken in a while either, but the flank steak vixmom mentioned is amazing.  But we should if it's agreeable have some do here, maybe next time BK had a show in town that gets people converging here?  Or some other time? 

Liam/LeeLee loves having people over to potentially drop food, I mean, Liam/LeeLee loves having people over to give the place the feel of a party.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2019, 12:20:51 PM »

Thanks, vixmom, for the hat-tip to Skip's recipe  - did you ever try the recipe yourself?

I don't think I have the fried chicken recipe but I have made the flank steak and prime rib recipes he's shared and I get raves with the deviled egg recipe he gave me

I thought he gave it to you years ago.  I guess it was just the other two you mentioned.

FJL

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2019, 12:21:54 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  We had to be at our local hospital at 8:45 this morning for Richard to have a diagnostic nerve block for his neck and shoulder pain.  He was kind of dizzy afterwards, so we picked up sandwiches on the way home instead of our usual brunch in a restaurant.  He’s better now, but taking it easy.

Glad he's feeling better now!

ChasSmith

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »

Make that two.

Ive been having food tolerance issues (Dad said they started with him near 60 too), so I haven't had the fried chicken in a while either, but the flank steak vixmom mentioned is amazing.  But we should if it's agreeable have some do here, maybe next time BK had a show in town that gets people converging here?  Or some other time? 

Liam/LeeLee loves having people over to potentially drop food, I mean, Liam/LeeLee loves having people over to give the place the feel of a party.

When vixmom mentioned that flank steak, it rang my bell but good.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »

Vibes the block was worth the discomfort!

ChasSmith

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »

Glad he's feeling better now!

DITTO.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »

Thatch is with the vet, Stella's appointment is booked, and I am thoroughly irritated because of all the construction and bus delays on the Upper West Side are really pissing me off.  There shouldn't be a 20+ minute wait between buses.

What's up with DC Thatch?

I guess you didn't read yesterday's posts! :)

He's having an echo cardiogram to check his heart damage.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:40:28 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2019, 12:38:54 PM »

Thanks, DRs FJL, Jane, and ChasSmith, for the vibes for Richard.  He’s sleeping now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »

I'm hoping that Thatch behaves at the vet (unlike Joshie, who was a terror).

He was terrified on the trip there and cried all the way.  I felt so sorry for him.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »

Vibes for little Thatch!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2019, 12:40:54 PM »

And vibes for Big Richard!

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2019, 12:45:44 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2019, 12:46:47 PM »

And the Ohio property is listed again!
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5744-St_Middletown_OH_45005_M43784-09407?view=qv

You can see what's left of the old driveway at the bottom right of the photo and the widened State Route 122, done around 2008.  The cars are parked in the old driveway to the farm land.  At the top of the photo you can see the new hospital.

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2019, 01:08:37 PM »

GOOD LUCK and BEST REAL ESTATE VIBES on this one, DR Elmore!

That’s just across 75 from where DR Ginny and Richard and I met and ate. (Right?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up