Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO-AND-A-HALF HOURS OF SCREAMING AND A CAROL CHRISTMAS WINS TWO ACTING AWARDS  (Read 3032 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

I'm up, I'm up - just about seven hours of sleep.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

TOD 1:

On the 20th Century, original cast plus Judy Kaye. Gave me goosebumps. Still does.

https://youtu.be/wYoRwQWgA5c

Love it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

Well, this is interesting...NY could become first state to ban cat declawing.  I agree with it, but according to the article, "The New York State Veterinary Medical Society has opposed the bill." :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

Re night's audience behavior:

I've been at a couple of shows where there was just ONE person nearby whose constant response to anything and everything was the loud hoot, and who was completely unaware/insensitive to the furious looks from their neighbors. This should be deserving of some jail time.

A few years ago, I went to a local concert of three adult siblings performing mostly original folk/ballad-type songs with just guitar accompaniment.  It was a lovely but rather sedate concert...not something where one would hoot and holler.  However, there was one woman who hooted loudly after just about every song!  It was quite inappropriate.  She eventually did stop, but it took a long time for her to get the idea.  It turns out that the hooting woman was the performers' mother! :o

George

Ginny

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I went to take pictures at the AAUW garage sale venue and then to a 10am DAR planning meeting at the public library.  Lunch on the way home with friends Libby and Tina.  Today was my first solo excursion in my new car.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

Best photo ever!

I think he looks like Peter Boyle performing “Puttin’ on the Ritz” in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Well. it's been a good day.  Susanna arrived at my apartment around 10:30 and we made our MTI plans.  She met Annabelle, Thatch, and Stella.  Thatch hid but Stella and Annabelle performed their love love me do vaudeville act for the whole visit.  They climbed all over Susanna and me, our work, every table top within reach.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Then we made our trek to Music Theatre International for a nice meeting with Jody Edwards and Terry Lee. After lunch, we caught the bus back uptown.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

Beautiful day here, and I should be outside working on stuff that needs to be worked on.

Oh well. I'm getting some indoors work done. And tomorrow is another day. Or so I've been told.

ChasSmith

DR Elmore, I daresay we should be attempting a modeling session for Stella sometime in the near future.  :)

ChasSmith

Okay, here's my stupid Facebook question for the day.

When you're in a group such as, say, Theatre Music Directors or Cast Recordings or whatnot, and you have notifications that people have posted in one of those, and you click on that notification which puts you on that specific page...

How in the HELL do you adjust your settings so that the newest responses show up? I'm pretty sure I have these set so that newest stuff is always on top...though I can't swear to it, and if I did, it seems FB and I have different definitions of what that means. But that's certainly what I've gone for. But unless the notification is that someone has replied specifically to a post of mine, or "reacted" to one of mine, there's just no telling where the new stuff is. Sometimes I'll do a manual search through the responses and eventually find that the new replies are to older posts, so that they're effectively buried, and there's no help from FB in finding them.

Not to mention, the threads only open up to a recent point -- and in some cases, they eventually just start opening up to the same damned place every time, regardless of how many days back that location is. It's madness.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:39:26 PM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

DR Elmore, I daresay we should be attempting a modeling session for Stella sometime in the near future.  :)

Yes!  I'm finally free to begin pulling books.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

We are in San Francisco waiting to board our flight home.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

I do not know how Facebook works......I would like for it to stop opening a photo in a new page when all I want to do is "like" it....among other things.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

I have to go to rehearsal in a bit, so i am hoping someone here on HHW will watch Jeopardy and see if Emma the woman that James let win the match yesterday lasts longer than ONE day.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

I do not know how Facebook works......I would like for it to stop opening a photo in a new page when all I want to do is "like" it....among other things.

Oh that's fine, I don't expect anyone to have any real answer to my rant. Sometimes you just have to rant anyway. :)

George

I don't know how to deal with those FB questions, Jrand and ChasSmith.  I think that Internet Explorer and Chrome act differently to what might otherwise be the same action. :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Had a nice visit with Sami - we had some homemade pasta bolognese (her dad is a great cook) - only about three ounces of it.  Then I went to the auction house, Julie arrived, everything was brought in, and I took my leave.

John G.

Travel vibes for Jane.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Had a nice visit with Sami - we had some homemade pasta bolognese (her dad is a great cook) - only about three ounces of it.  Then I went to the auction house, Julie arrived, everything was brought in, and I took my leave.

I hate to ask, but how old is Sami now?
― Voltaire

John G.

I have a numb face from having a tooth filled.

I have a numb brain from being in San Antonio traffic after a thunderstorm.
― Voltaire

John G.

I have been listening to Jose Andres read his book, We Fed an Island, about the aftermath of Hurricane Maria and Puerto Rico. Not good for the blood pressure.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Stella usually comes to me to fight and bite my hands and feet, but twice today she's sought me out to be petted and cuddled while she purrs like a mad thing.

George

Stella usually comes to me to fight and bite my hands and feet, but twice today she's sought me out to be petted and cuddled while she purrs like a mad thing.

Nice!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Sami is nineteen!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

First fifteen minutes of the Adriana book have arrived and I'll listen momentarily.  Earlier today I sent her me reading some Bronstein - can't wait to hear what she's done with that.

Jane

Travel vibes for Jane.

Thanks.  We are home, eaten, gone to the market, and had a short walk.  Somehow we are still managing to stay away.

Jane

I have a numb face from having a tooth filled.

I have a numb brain from being in San Antonio traffic after a thunderstorm.

I need to filled next week.

;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up