Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN BAD DAYS TURN GOOD  (Read 3466 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHEN BAD DAYS TURN GOOD
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2019, 07:08:07 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!

DR Ginny, how are you feeling today?  Do you have a black eye?

DR Elmore, I’m up and about, but have made the strategic decision to drastically curtail my DAR activities.  No 9am business sessions, only 2 of the 4 formal evening galas, and no Sunday morning events.

Yes, I have a spectacular shiner and there will be another photo this afternoon when I remove the dressing for my first wound maintenance.  Brace yourself...

Thanks for asking  :-*

I am sorry you will have to miss some of the events, especially after purchasing fancy new clothes..  The good news is you will make some of the them.

Jane

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2019, 07:10:49 AM »

Interesting notes and fun photos today.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 07:36:01 AM »

Trapped in a meeting with sound problems.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 09:58:52 AM »

Time for an oil change.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »

We were just beset by a mini monsoon, about two inches of rain in 30 minutes. Standing water plus huge puddles at intersections.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2019, 11:28:41 AM »

We might be getting one of those this afternoon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2019, 12:22:14 PM »

I am home from another day that would have been fun if the stress to finish up for tomorrow were not so intense.  This was followed by three dreadfully crowded buses to get home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »

DR Ginny, I'm sorry that your stumble is affecting your schedule.  What caused your fall?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2019, 12:30:45 PM »

She tripped on the cobblestones leaving the hotel.  Look at the photos on facebook.

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »

DR Ginny do you have a headache on top of the pain from the injury?  The fact that you needed an ambulance was also scary.

DR Jane, no headache to speak of, but my sinuses feel swollen.  The ambulance was mostly because we’re from out of town and the navigator was bleeding profusely.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2019, 12:56:37 PM »

DR Elmore, I’m up and about, but have made the strategic decision to drastically curtail my DAR activities.  No 9am business sessions, only 2 of the 4 formal evening galas, and no Sunday morning events.

Yes, I have a spectacular shiner and there will be another photo this afternoon when I remove the dressing for my first wound maintenance.  Brace yourself...

I am sorry you will have to miss some of the events, especially after purchasing fancy new clothes..  The good news is you will make some of the them.

DR Jane, I will get to wear my formal duds and will do enough to get a feel for the DAR experience.  We spent a couple of hours there today, visiting the fabulous library and wandering the building.  We’ll taxi back there for tonight’s gala opening ceremony.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2019, 12:58:17 PM »

DR Ginny, I'm sorry that your stumble is affecting your schedule.  What caused your fall?

DR Elmore, it’s OK, we’re managing.  That sidewalk came right up and smacked me in the face!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »

I'm in a fog of a haze of a daze.  I didn't get to sleep until just after four.  Woke up four hours later for reasons unknown, and then someone showed up at the door - Grant's step-brother, who was picking up his late mother's dresser - Grant forgot to tell me.  So, there was that, and then I was up so I did a few things, finally getting back in bed at eleven and sleeping until one, so six hours of sleep.  Got up, got ready, picked up a package, and decided to go to next door's Jack in the Box - haven't been there in a decade, I think.  I got the two things I like there - breakfast jack and two of their weird taco things.  Came home and just finished eating them - they were good.  Listening to music, and in ten minutes it's out to the garage.

ChasSmith

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »

Jack in the Box:  Two decades for me, and in the dusty recesses of my memory, their breakfast “Crescent Supreme” was the absolute living end.

I’m googling, and it looks like at some point they deemed their clientele grown up enough to call it a croissant. But it also doesn’t look quite like the same incredible thing.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2019, 03:04:12 PM »

She tripped on the cobblestones leaving the hotel.  Look at the photos on facebook.

I've seen the photos, and those are not cobblestones.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2019, 03:18:33 PM »

Anyone besides me watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2019, 03:46:06 PM »

Anyone besides me watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

I'm watching the pre-show stuff on MSNBC right now.  I have two screens here at work, so I can stream the TV show (through Comcast) on one screen and do my work on the other. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »

I am, frankly, garaged out and it's a complete mess again because now it's loaded with empty boxes that I don't want to toss in case we should need them for anything.  But I've now been through every box, at least I think I have, and no tapes.  Very disturbing.

Laura

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2019, 04:47:04 PM »

Good afternoon.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2019, 04:47:32 PM »

The missing tapes can't be the ones I brought you. Those were way too big to lose!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »

There is a steam pipe running through my bathroom floor to ceiling for heat.  Because the metal pipe can scald, there's been a protective corrugated paper/cardboard tube covering it for the first six feet since I moved in 39 years ago.  While I was taking my bath tonight, I watched Stella climb it like a tree.  Now I know why all the towels were on the floor when I came in today.

I'm worried at the moment because I think she's eating the paint she's peeling off this tube.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2019, 05:31:53 PM »

DR Ginny do you have a headache on top of the pain from the injury?  The fact that you needed an ambulance was also scary.

DR Jane, no headache to speak of, but my sinuses feel swollen.  The ambulance was mostly because we’re from out of town and the navigator was bleeding profusely.

Mostly good news.  Yes, I expected the bleeding part & was surprised not to see evidence of it in the photos.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »

DR Jane, I will get to wear my formal duds and will do enough to get a feel for the DAR experience.  We spent a couple of hours there today, visiting the fabulous library and wandering the building.  We’ll taxi back there for tonight’s gala opening ceremony.

Excellent.  Have fun this evening.  I look forward to the photos.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »

I've seen the photos, and those are not cobblestones.

Kind of.  I just responded quickly which is why I said to look at the photo.  Paving stones, bricks?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:45:12 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2019, 05:39:30 PM »

There is a steam pipe running through my bathroom floor to ceiling for heat.  Because the metal pipe can scald, there's been a protective corrugated paper/cardboard tube covering it for the first six feet since I moved in 39 years ago.  While I was taking my bath tonight, I watched Stella climb it like a tree.  Now I know why all the towels were on the floor when I came in today.

I'm worried at the moment because I think she's eating the paint she's peeling off this tube.

First part was funny, not so much the possibility she is eating the paint.

John G.

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »

Have to replace the fill valves on both toilets.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »

How did that happen?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2019, 05:59:56 PM »

Let’s move on...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up