Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE IMPORTANT DISCOVERY  (Read 3683 times)

Michael

Re: THE IMPORTANT DISCOVERY
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 06:39:31 AM »

I hope everyone has a fantastic day
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 06:44:01 AM »

DR George I enjoyed your photos.

Jane

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 06:44:29 AM »

Hi Michael.  Wishing you the same.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 06:51:43 AM »

I have a recipe for pimento cheese - it's the same recipe I have for most things:

Go to the store and buy it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 06:51:58 AM »

check vibes for DR ELMORE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 06:52:29 AM »

Our little show is limping along to its opening night which will be a week from Thursday - whether we want it to or NOT.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 06:56:49 AM »

The sound person is making tons of mistakes and is a very loud obnoxious fool.....they announced tonight that mike check will be at a particular time and if someone isn't there - too bad - it will be done without that person and who cares if the microphone doesn't work....not them!

Which doesn't really even begin to describe the hatefulness of this person.

Our transgender man has told me that he wants to audition for Hal in PICNIC and I told him that honestly I did not think that he would fit the part.....not the least of it is because Hal appears shirtless in a couple of scenes.  I didn't mention their lack of acting talent....

Said person also told me that PICNIC is okay - but they have a lot of problems with it.....which made me want to ask "Where is YOUR Pulitzer?"  But I didn't.

Sometimes my restraint surprises even me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 06:57:45 AM »

I do not think I have eaten pudding since before the turn of the century.

However when I did - I liked banana!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »

Our sound person is also a FTM transgender person.....both of these people are in their early twenties....and their lack of awareness of anything outside themselves is shocking.

Not talking about ALL transgender folks - I know a few others who I work and socialize with and we are great friends.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2019, 07:16:59 AM »

It could have more to do with their ages than anything else....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2019, 07:17:34 AM »

But I am thinking someone should write a book:

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2019, 08:49:06 AM »

Except that's something I've never cared to sample, let alone drink.

It’s trendy now. Yawn.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »

Several days ago, following twenty-four and a half (count 'em) years of service, the handle on my LA-Z-BOY recliner broke in half. Repetitive stress injury! I actually found the purchase receipt for it, and took that and the piece o' handle into their local store to see how to go about getting the handle replaced. It's one of their big stores, but they don't stock parts like that, so I was directed to call their "Comfort Care" line.

I first checked online to see where replacement handles can be had, and a number of them are listed on Amazon in the amount of $18 and thereabouts. The little cynical devil on my shoulder told me the manufacturer of the name brand would overcharge, and I procrastinated for a few days. Finally decided to give them a try, and just got off the phone with them with a replacement handle on the way. Turns out that's covered under a lifetime warranty that I didn't know or didn't remember I had. Of course there's a handling charge of $13.99, but look how good I did at not ordering one elsewhere for more. Right?

I was shocked, shocked, to hear that this chair could still be under warranty, and the girl said anything going back to 1992, or just after 1992, has that. So isn't that a nice thing? And how nice to know I've got exactly the right one coming. They took every number I had, including one I had to turn the chair over to find. Anyone who has a LA-Z-BOY chair should find a card attached underneath (or possibly underneath the foot rest) and file that away. Mine was getting chewed up, but the important number was fine. Lesson learned. Keep this stuff.

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 08:51:15 AM »

Except that's something I've never cared to sample, let alone drink.

It’s trendy now. Yawn.

Yep.

John G.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »

When I was writing the barbecue book, I discovered a whole new world of banana puddings, including one that put the bananas in the smoker and covered the top with an intoxicating amount of freshly cracked nutmeg on top.

Recently I made an instant caramel macchiato pudding I really liked.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »

Several days ago, following twenty-four and a half (count 'em) years of service, the handle on my LA-Z-BOY recliner broke in half. Repetitive stress injury! I actually found the purchase receipt for it, and took that and the piece o' handle into their local store to see how to go about getting the handle replaced. It's one of their big stores, but they don't stock parts like that, so I was directed to call their "Comfort Care" line.

I first checked online to see where replacement handles can be had, and a number of them are listed on Amazon in the amount of $18 and thereabouts. The little cynical devil on my shoulder told me the manufacturer of the name brand would overcharge, and I procrastinated for a few days. Finally decided to give them a try, and just got off the phone with them with a replacement handle on the way. Turns out that's covered under a lifetime warranty that I didn't know or didn't remember I had. Of course there's a handling charge of $13.99, but look how good I did at not ordering one elsewhere for more. Right?

I was shocked, shocked, to hear that this chair could still be under warranty, and the girl said anything going back to 1992, or just after 1992, has that. So isn't that a nice thing? And how nice to know I've got exactly the right one coming. They took every number I had, including one I had to turn the chair over to find. Anyone who has a LA-Z-BOY chair should find a card attached underneath (or possibly underneath the foot rest) and file that away. Mine was getting chewed up, but the important number was fine. Lesson learned. Keep this stuff.

Cool.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »

Good morning.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 09:08:47 AM »

There was a bottle of moonshine at my house growing up. My dad told me what it was. It was gone when my sister and I cleared out the house after mom died. She must have thrown it out.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 09:09:29 AM »

Wae-Ling would have said: "So, are you going to drink it?"  She is brutal when it comes to decluttering. Which I need.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2019, 09:11:14 AM »

I grew up eating the bland, ubiquitous all-American package puddings. I liked them okay, but even as a kid I wasn't terribly excited by them. I'd enjoy trying a vanilla one now for old times sake, but the chocolate wouldn't entice me. Don't recall other flavors. The only thing in addition to those puddings would have been an occasional tapioca, and I have no memory of how much or how little I liked that. I can't even remember what it tastes like.

Skipping ahead several decades, I LOVE a good New Orleans style bread pudding (with whisky sauce). Since I discovered that miracle of gastronomy on my first visit there in the early 1990s I haven't been able to tolerate any other kind. They're all cheap imitations.

Also love a good rice pudding with raisins. Okay, it tastes good without the raisins, but give me the damned raisins.

The world of banana puddings sounds wonderful, as I'm already a banana fanatic and this sounds like a natural.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 11:05:08 AM »

No check, but I did receive the referral from my HMO to see an ENT, Dr Natasha Keenan Priest, about this nose-sinus issue.   I called to make an appointment, and they have an opening tomorrow morning.  Usually I have to wait 4-6 weeks to get an appointment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »

Good news DR ELMORE.

Too bad WE can't have a lifetime warranty on ourselves.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »

But I am thinking someone should write a book:

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

;D

Jane

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2019, 11:45:11 AM »

Wow, impressive.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2019, 11:45:54 AM »

Wae-Ling would have said: "So, are you going to drink it?"  She is brutal when it comes to decluttering. Which I need.

:)  I need her, wait I have Keith doing the same job.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »

Skipping ahead several decades, I LOVE a good New Orleans style bread pudding (with whisky sauce). Since I discovered that miracle of gastronomy on my first visit there in the early 1990s I haven't been able to tolerate any other kind. They're all cheap imitations.

The bread pudding sounds delicious.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2019, 11:47:21 AM »

No check, but I did receive the referral from my HMO to see an ENT, Dr Natasha Keenan Priest, about this nose-sinus issue.   I called to make an appointment, and they have an opening tomorrow morning.  Usually I have to wait 4-6 weeks to get an appointment.

Congrats & good luck!

Jane

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2019, 11:49:11 AM »

I liked home made chocolate pudding & packaged vanilla.  Sometimes I had the packaged butterscotch.

I was older before discovering bread pudding.

I hate tapioca.

John G.

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2019, 12:42:39 PM »

I make a pretty darn good bread pudding from stale donuts. With a rummy hard sauce.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2019, 12:49:27 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - I've mostly been up with a terrible tummy - maybe I got four or five hours of sleep somehow, but blecch.  I shan't be eating anything today.  Whether it was the bread pudding or the pastrami, clearly something was rotten in Denmark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up