Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RECORDING PART ONE OF GEE  (Read 3741 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: RECORDING PART ONE OF GEE
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2019, 05:27:31 PM »

So, is there a Manilow article somewhere?

FJL

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »

Manilow has always had completely delusional middle-aged women in love with him and I'm sure that's a major part of it - just like Liberace.  I mean, really, how hard is this stuff to figure out?

I remember (because I was eavesdropping :) ) at the Liberace Museum one lady looking at the exhibits said to another "Did he never get married?" and the other said "Do you mean George?" (referring to Lee's brother.  She couldn't imagine her friend had toured the Museum and didn't know Lee was gay.)

FJL

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2019, 05:39:52 PM »

So, is there a Manilow article somewhere?

He's been on TV, these days of course very open about his marriage.  He's about to start a three-week engagement at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. 

They've been trying a series of short engagements (right now is comedian Dave Chappelle) while the theater is empty, before the next tenant (the Tina Turner bio-musical) starts in the fall.

FJL

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »

Manilow has always had completely delusional middle-aged women in love with him and I'm sure that's a major part of it - just like Liberace.  I mean, really, how hard is this stuff to figure out?

When you say delusional - do the women think that even if he were straight, he'd have dated/whatevered them anyway?

I don't get the playfulness about Hugh Jackman (though they are doing it effectively), but his management seems to want both gay men and straight women to imagine the possibility.   

FJL

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »

This is the playbill article about that series of shows.

http://www.playbill.com/article/lunt-fontanne-theatre-will-host-in-residence-on-broadway-series-offering-concert-experiences-from-various-artists

"In Residence on Broadway" has basically been a fancy name for what amount to Vegas or Atlantic City bookings. 

I'm wondering:   If anything  distinguished happens here, if these could be eligible  for special Tonys, or might even spice up the Tony show if the year needs it.

FJL

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »

I read with some pleasure that Jack Viertel has stepped down from Encores.  I'd actually like to know the real story, because the press release reeks of everyone playing nice and probably abiding by some agreement.

He's leaving after next year, which will include Mack and Mabel, Love Life and Throughly Modern Millie.  He started in 2001.

FJL

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:03:27 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »

From the Times article:
“Twenty years is a good run,” Mr. Viertel said. “I came to the artistic directorship with a very specific bucket list of shows that I was fascinated by, and actually that bucket is empty.”

With producing a series like Encores, your bucket list is pretty much taken care of once you've uncovered such lost gems as Pajama Game, Hair and Bye Bye Birdie. It seems everyone is doing those shows these days. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2019, 06:42:32 PM »

I am happy to announce that DR VIXMOM and DR JOHN G will play Rosemary and Howard in my upcoming production of PICNIC. 

I will have them record their performances and the other actors will play to them - they will be represented thusly:

:))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »

My neck feels remarkably better this morning!

That's great, Tom!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »

Post #100!!

George

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »

DR Elmore, I don't know how soon you'd be thinking of getting that done, but here are some best vibes right now for a smooth polyp removal procedure!

I made my follow up appointment for this Thursday.  I'll learn more then.  She said it would be a local procedure, like a colonoscopy.  I'll be unconscious, then go home when it's over.

~~~Polyps-Be-Gone Vibes of All Kinds!!~~~

George

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2019, 06:43:47 PM »

Where did you get it? I bought mine from the kosher acupuncturist, who's allowed by law to dispense such items, so no prescription was needed. Did you have to get a prescription or can you just buy it? Do you have marijuana stores like we have here?

Yes, Jeanne, here in Washington, there are marijuana stores all over the place. 

Thank you, George. So no prescription needed?

Not as far as I know.  I think that there's a maximum amount that you can buy at one time, but I don't think a prescription is needed.

George

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2019, 06:44:20 PM »

And now, I'm off.  I'm meeting my friend Margo at the movie theater to see Yesterday.  I think it's supposed to be good.  I hope so!

Be back later.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »

I didn't with Manilow, not that he appealed to me.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »

I spent the morning making phone calls regarding the little surgery I'll be having done next month. Isn't it interesting how what you think will be one brief phone call turns into four calls over two hours? But I'm making progress. I learned that a part of it that I was told isn't covered by insurance probably will be covered. I was also trying to determine how much downtime to expect.

I hate those "brief" calls.  I hope you will soon be done sorting it all out, and to your satisfaction.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »

I remember (because I was eavesdropping :) ) at the Liberace Museum one lady looking at the exhibits said to another "Did he never get married?" and the other said "Do you mean George?" (referring to Lee's brother.  She couldn't imagine her friend had toured the Museum and didn't know Lee was gay.)

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2019, 06:52:44 PM »

From the Times article:
“Twenty years is a good run,” Mr. Viertel said. “I came to the artistic directorship with a very specific bucket list of shows that I was fascinated by, and actually that bucket is empty.”

With producing a series like Encores, your bucket list is pretty much taken care of once you've uncovered such lost gems as Pajama Game, Hair and Bye Bye Birdie. It seems everyone is doing those shows these days. 

Ha! If his list didn't include Jubilee, Leave It to Me, Let's Face It or Very Warm for May, then his bucket list was fairly empty to begin with.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2019, 06:52:53 PM »

It is very windy out now & much cooler than it was this afternoon.

John G.

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2019, 06:53:04 PM »

You can tell from my list, I like a little Cole Porter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2019, 07:12:26 PM »

In the mood for some rootin'-tootin' gun shootin' tonight, so I have The Magnificent Seven on.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »

I am happy to announce that DR VIXMOM and DR JOHN G will play Rosemary and Howard in my upcoming production of PICNIC. 

I will have them record their performances and the other actors will play to them - they will be represented thusly:

Oh good I always wanted to play Howard
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2019, 07:27:55 PM »

I need surgery on my sinuses to remove all the polyps.  Dr Keenan called me around 6:00 to remind me I needed to make an appointment.

Oh dear, vibes
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »

You will make a wonderful Howard, Vixmom.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

I found a copy of Standing in the Shadows of Motown today for $5. My high school classmate Joan Osborne is really good in this documentary, not only singing but talking with the folks who played backup for Motown's biggest stars. I had seen this years ago, but not with the second disc, which features more music.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:17 PM »

I also went back to Barnes and Noble for one last stop at the Criterion sale. I picked up Rossellini's Flowers of St. Francis, which has a screenplay co-written by Fellini, and Harold Lloyd's Speedy, which I have never seen.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »

Now I'm feeling really tired.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »

I think I'll head off to bed soon.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:49 PM »

But there's work here to be done.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »

One more post ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up