Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAY OF THE LAND  (Read 4442 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE LAY OF THE LAND
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »

No word from the car guy yet - he'll call when he has something to say, I'm sure.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2019, 12:53:20 PM »

Important envelope has arrived, so Grant is not busy so he'll take me to get it and then to the bank, then I'll buy him lunch (and me, too).  That's a big load off. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2019, 12:53:40 PM »

We'll leave in about fifteen or twenty minutes, I think.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »

This morning Annabelle passed up breakfast, but she ate the treats and dry food I gave her because I need to know if she's not eating because her nose is stopped up.  This afternoon, she ate her dinner.  Go figure.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »

Then I had to re-upload all the GEE audio files because they told me they were too low.  This is the second time for re-uploading.  Mind you, I spent thirty minutes on the phone with an ACX person PRIOR to recording and told him to tell me exactly what I needed to come away with - there was nothing about the size of the mp3s, nor the loudness, and I'm sure both were fine, but they have their little specs - when they told me about the loudness level, I wrote them a very strong note that it was not acceptable to be hearing this NOW, that I'd needed to be told this PRIOR to editing.  They don't even respond. 

FJL

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2019, 01:17:32 PM »

I'm very interested in seeing the musical (HHW's own) Robert Yacko is starring in with Rita Rudner.  The comment about the comedy in a review that there's a Dom Perignon/Dom DeLuise joke seemed like it was reaching out to me and saying  if you find that funny (I did), that's the demographic for the jokes.

FJL

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »

BK, did they ever do this show is L.A.?  It's called "Two's a Crowd," and Rita Rudner co-write the book with her husband Martin Bergman.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »

Last night I noticed a voicemail from my doctor's nurse, whose nickname is Tee. I tried to call her back, but was connected to a call center. The woman had no idea who my doctor was. After repeated holds she connected me to a Beverly Hills office, which was not correct, and was closed by then anyway.

This morning I tried a different number. Same thing. ALL calls to anyone at Cedars-Sinai are now routed through a call center. They claim they will triage your call. I understand triaging the patients, but triaging the calls?? OY!! Is there any way this could possibly be more efficient? I see it as putting one more wall between the patient and his/her doctor.

Truly a bad system.  When I call my doctors that are with the Peace Health (hospital) system I have to listen to a message and press the corrects numbers.  While slightly annoying it is nothing like what you have to deal with.  Can you message your doctor's office using an online "my chart" or whatever system they use?

Jane, I can email the doctor and often do. But it would be nice to call directly!

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2019, 01:35:31 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings from Detroit’s western ‘burbs!  My drive was smooth, but longer than expected due to construction delays.  In about half an hour I’ll make my way to dinner with a class of ‘69 friend.  Their big reception is tonight, so we’re meeting beforehand.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »

TCB, thanks for the information last night about delivery fees vs size of order. I can really appreciate how much this service is needed. I often wish I had help with heavy items. Unfortunately, the stores I shop don't offer it. They are smaller stores, not supermarkets.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2019, 01:41:30 PM »

More calls between my doctor's office (different doctor), pharmacy, and insurance company. The new PA sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy and a form regarding medical necessity was apparently never submitted. Sigh. I feel I have to check everything, follow up on everything. And then there's the phone tag. It's enough to drive a person crazy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »

Important envelope has arrived, so Grant is not busy so he'll take me to get it and then to the bank, then I'll buy him lunch (and me, too).  That's a big load off. 

Good that Grant was free and you could get it all taken care of.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »

Glad to see that Vixmom has completed the dreaded DMV ordeal.

Were you able to get an enhance license--just from other clerk?

I was! Once I receive the original ( in 7 -10 business days I was assured) I can use it for domestic airline travel and ground travel to Canada and Mexico

I was handed mine on the spot! And the whole process probably took all of twenty minutes, after waiting a very short time for one or two people ahead of me.

This was at a AAA office, which was absolute heaven in comparison to a DMV. Well, that would go without saying.

Were y ou  renewing or just upgrading?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

ChasSmith

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2019, 02:10:31 PM »

Glad to see that Vixmom has completed the dreaded DMV ordeal.

Were you able to get an enhance license--just from other clerk?

I was! Once I receive the original ( in 7 -10 business days I was assured) I can use it for domestic airline travel and ground travel to Canada and Mexico

I was handed mine on the spot! And the whole process probably took all of twenty minutes, after waiting a very short time for one or two people ahead of me.

This was at a AAA office, which was absolute heaven in comparison to a DMV. Well, that would go without saying.

Were y ou  renewing or just upgrading?

Both.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »

Last night I noticed a voicemail from my doctor's nurse, whose nickname is Tee. I tried to call her back, but was connected to a call center. The woman had no idea who my doctor was. After repeated holds she connected me to a Beverly Hills office, which was not correct, and was closed by then anyway.

This morning I tried a different number. Same thing. ALL calls to anyone at Cedars-Sinai are now routed through a call center. They claim they will triage your call. I understand triaging the patients, but triaging the calls?? OY!! Is there any way this could possibly be more efficient? I see it as putting one more wall between the patient and his/her doctor.

Truly a bad system.  When I call my doctors that are with the Peace Health (hospital) system I have to listen to a message and press the corrects numbers.  While slightly annoying it is nothing like what you have to deal with.  Can you message your doctor's office using an online "my chart" or whatever system they use?

Jane, I can email the doctor and often do. But it would be nice to call directly!

I agree.  I gather you will be informing the office that they couldn't connect you.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2019, 02:56:32 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings from Detroit’s western ‘burbs!  My drive was smooth, but longer than expected due to construction delays.  In about half an hour I’ll make my way to dinner with a class of ‘69 friend.  Their big reception is tonight, so we’re meeting beforehand.

Have fun.  The concept of multiple classes sharing the same reunion is not one I have embraced.  We even keep our half year class separate from the other half.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »

More calls between my doctor's office (different doctor), pharmacy, and insurance company. The new PA sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy and a form regarding medical necessity was apparently never submitted. Sigh. I feel I have to check everything, follow up on everything. And then there's the phone tag. It's enough to drive a person crazy.

I can imagine your frustration.  It is worse when you don't feel great to begin with.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »

I just went to www.donotcall.gov and registered our phones.  It was very easy.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2019, 03:17:27 PM »

I remember when we didn't need to register our cell phones  >:(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2019, 03:30:00 PM »

They did it in Laguna or San Diego or somewhere like that - not LA.  Robert wasn't in that one.  I'm told she's funny, the material is mostly stand-up stuff she's already done, the songs are just stuck in and not so good, but it's a good gig for Robert.  If you go, be sure to see him after. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2019, 03:33:14 PM »

Back from picking up packages and the important envelope, the bank, lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (cedar plank salmon, small Caesar - less than calories), then Grant had to put gas in his motor car, and I got two large Diet Coke bottles to tide me over until I can have Ralph's deliver a couple of cases.  Does Costco deliver?  Now, I'm home and I don't think I need to go out again, unless I feel like taking a two mile walk later to Rite Aid (one there, one back) to get some Claritin-D - down to my last one.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »

I agree.  I gather you will be informing the office that they couldn't connect you.

This afternoon was a continuation of this morning--calls to two doctor's offices, two pharmacies, and my insurance company. We make progress, but it's slow. All of this is so unnecessary, it's all correcting some person's mistakes. The amount of time spent trying to correct them is far greater than the time it would take to do the task in the first place.

Yes, Jane, I emailed my doctor and told him it's insane trying to get through by phone. I know he wasn't happy about the call center decision, but it wasn't his decision.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2019, 04:09:45 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, Mercury retrograde is still very much in effect.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »

Whew!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2019, 04:26:24 PM »

I just learned that my friend Bob Ullman has died.  His theatre going began when he was a boy in the early 1930s and he worked for years as a press rep. He worked on the 1964 revival of The Boys from Syracuse, the original production of A Chorus Line, and a lot shows.  He was also a good friend of Ethel Merman.  He and Playbill editor Louis Botto took me to lunch one day and told the funniest stories about a ton of celebrities.  When Bob retired, hew and his partner ran an antiques shop in the Hamptons, and a phone call from the Hamptons meant a lot of outrageous humor and nostalgia as he answered my questions about shows he'd seen.  He was one of the funniest, kindest, and most generous men i've known.  I will miss him.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »

Talked to the car place - they found a refurbished engine with basically the same mileage as mine, so they'll do that and fix the other stuff that needs fixing and all for less than they originally told me, so I gave them the go ahead - should be ready in a week.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »

Good car news for MR BK!  And good news about the Important Envelope!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2019, 05:27:26 PM »

My car insurance notice AND my cable bill came....and my mortgage payment is due to come out of the checking account.....so that is now done.....and I still have some money there - which is nice.  My life insurance....which is really death insurance to pay for the funeral....will be due next month as well....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:24 PM »

DR JANE - I'm not sure if the shoppers are picking for delivery or pickup.....but they certainly get in the way of the regular shoppers trying to get down the aisles.....or they stop to talk to each other and block an aisle completely.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2019, 05:29:25 PM »

DR GEORGE I purchased the BANDSTAND Cast Cd and I like it a lot....I am hoping someone around here does a nice production of it.

WEST SIDE STORY vibes for DR CHAS SMITH.

Glad to hear that DR VIXMOM is now enhanced......
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up