Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AND WE WANT TO MARRY YOUR WOMEN  (Read 20587 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:AND WE WANT TO MARRY YOUR WOMEN
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2005, 08:46:17 AM »

The last Christmas my Mom was alive and my whole family met in SLC I took Betsy, a 6-month old Gabe and my two nieces to the first house we lived in in SLC in order to take pics of them in front of it.  This was Christmas Eve day.  Well as we were taking pics, the owner came to the front door and it turned out it was the same family my parents had sold the house to in 1965.  So he invited us in to look around.  It was a very emotional experience for me.  They had done virtually nothing to the house since they had bought it--even the 1957 kitchen "remodel" my Dad had done for my Mom was completely intact.  I got really choked up.  Luckily I had my video camera with me and I took copious footage.  The one thing that struck me in going through the house was how tiny it was.  The front room (a Mormon term, LOL) was so small I could literally spread my arms and touch both walls simultaneously.  And to think we once had our dining room table AND piano in there was kind of mind-boggling.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:47:44 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2005, 08:55:57 AM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2005, 08:56:11 AM »

And one for MISCREANT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2005, 08:56:55 AM »

I'm on my way to storage.  I do hope the two boxes I must locate are not at the BOTTOM of a pile - that will be most horrifying.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2005, 09:04:09 AM »

Linked by Andrew Sullivan, with the words "No comment necessary".

der Brucer

ROTFLMAS!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2005, 09:10:10 AM »

Yesterday, Jose wrote:
-Oh, and when I did The Music Man in high school - I was in the Quartet - I and my fellow School Board Members were made honorary members of S.P.E.B.S.Q.A.!  (The Society for the Preservation and Enjoyment of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America.)  -or something close to that.

After I graduated from high school, I was going to a 2-year college.  During that time, I was an actual card carrying member of "The Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America, Inc., or S.P.E.B.S.Q.A. (never to be pronounced as one word)."  I quit when I transfered to Western Washington University...I was able to borrow the tux, though.  We needed one for the Concert Choir and I didn't want to buy one.  After I gradtuated from Western, I eventually returned the tux.  And it was in perfect condition. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2005, 09:10:37 AM »

A LETTER TO THREE WIVES finally arrived today, so I'll probably be watching that later today. Haven't seen it in awhile, so I'm looking forward to an excellent Fox Studio Classics transfer. I really haven't been disappointed by any of the restorations they've done apart from some quality issues with ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2005, 09:18:54 AM »

I really think it will come down to a Bo-Mario shootout in the finals with Nadia a possible dark horse.

I was disappointed that Amanda got the boot.

Also, and I said this last night, I liked the way they named the people MOVING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ROUND vs their usual way of naming the losers.

Right now I think it may come down to Anwar/Bo in the finals.  The final 2 girls will probably be Carrie and Nadia.

I think the next eliminations (other than scott) will all be women.  Lindsey, Vonzell and Mikalah will most likely go before the much better guys.

Right now my favorite is Anwar.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2005, 09:20:34 AM »

Oh my gosh my nose in running like a faucet.  Must be because of the extra cold weather. :(

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2005, 09:22:55 AM »

Neat house pic JRand54! It must have brought back memories!

And that is certainly a good price for a house! Are all houses in Indiana priced like that??

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2005, 09:23:26 AM »

Oh my gosh my nose in running like a faucet.  Must be because of the extra cold weather. :(

Oh, my. Thanks for sharing Jennifer! LOL!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2005, 09:37:38 AM »

No, DRMBARNUM - but this one is not worth much more than that.

JMK is right -  I also thought my old home seemed rather small.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2005, 09:41:24 AM »

JMK is right -  I also thought my old home seemed rather small.

The houses aren't small, you guys just got bigger (or words to that effect).

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2005, 09:52:39 AM »

DR elmore - thank you for making our get-together arrangements for next weekend!  There is a possibility that I will have one or 2 more people with me Saturday evening.  My niece, Laura, and her Steve may want to go off on their own, though.  I've emailed her and will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Laura and I also may be in the market for some dinner company Friday evening, too.  Doubt we'll get into the city in time for the Drama Book Shop event or to get show tix, so dinner might be just the thing.  The more I've read about Angus McIndoe, the more appealing it sounds:
www.nytimes.com/2004/02/04/dining/04ANGU.html?pagewanted=1

Of course, I also love Barrymore's and JR's and would like to add Joe Allen to my list, so anything that can accommodate us will be fine with me!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2005, 09:59:47 AM »

true DR derBRUCER....in my case anyway....a LOT bigger!

Hey, maybe we misunderstood what Nikita Kruschev said at the UN in 1959, maybe he had just seen THE MYSTERIANS and really said:

"We will marry you."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2005, 10:09:19 AM »

American Idol:

I like Bo and Anthony from the men, and Jessica and Nadia from the women.

Scott will probably not be the first man to leave.  He has a large following, like Ruben.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2005, 10:11:59 AM »

I'm still on this blasted dial-up and it is so slow.  Meanwhhile I await the SBC techs to fix the DSL line, who have to be here in the next two hours.

I am also not steeped in Laurel and Hardy, but my favs are WAY OUT WEST and THE TWO TARS...2Tars is silent...a couple of sailors out for a Sunday drive with their girls and they get stuck in the biggest traffic jam ever.  Like most classic L & H, it starts slowly bit by bit and builds to magnificent chaos.

Rodzinski, sorry I missed you yesterday.

Bye for now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2005, 10:15:20 AM »

Here's to a fixed DSL!

MISCREANT!

I found both music charts I needed quite easily.  They WERE at the bottom of a pile, but it was the first pile next to the door, so it was easy to deal with.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2005, 10:26:48 AM »

NPR Fresh Air alert:  I just got an email from Jack El-Hai, author of The Lobotomist (about Walter Freeman) that he is being featured on tonight's Fresh Air.  I don't think this is the NPR documentary that I provided info for (I'm a bit confused, because Jack contributed to that doc, too, but it is supposed to air on All Things Considered in April), but tonight's show should be interesting nonetheless.  If Jack gets back to me before tonight to clarify, I'll follow up here, though he's a teacher and shouldn't be licking people.  (See how easy it is to work into everyday conversation?)  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2005, 10:30:45 AM »

The worker has basically decimated the ceiling in the area that is near the doors that lead to the yard.  That's where the leak was, and it was still damp up there.  So, he's dried it all out, and will be back shortly to dry-wall it.  Then on Monday, when the floor people are here, he'll repaint it and we'll be all pretty again.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2005, 10:37:42 AM »

Ya, THE MYSTERIANS is a bit slow...but it has the casts of GOJIRA and RODAN combined. BK, have you listened to the commentary?

I did not pick up the DVD, but I will be picking up the others in this series of releases ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE, YOG MONSTER FROM SPACE, DAGORA SPACE MONSTER, and I think there is another one...oh yes VARAN THE UNBELIEVABLE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2005, 10:41:09 AM »

Is that version of THE MYSTERIANS available at Amazon....I can't tell.

NOW all I know about law....or MOST....I learned watching PERRY MASON.  But is it not true that on a Cross Examination - only questions about the testimony given during the examination can be asked?

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2005, 10:45:12 AM »

Is that version of THE MYSTERIANS available at Amazon....I can't tell.

It should be. I didn't know it had a commentary until I saw the DVD at the store. I didn't buy it as I had a DVD-r of the film already.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2005, 10:46:31 AM »

s woody white and der brucer-

do they still have the yum yum martini on the menu at Cafe Zeus?
Have fun at the chocolate festival if you go.
Brad is still the bartender, and a fine mixologist he is.  I'm a Manhattan man myself, however, so I don't know from martinis.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2005, 10:49:31 AM »

BBC Radio 2 is playing a documentary about Artie Shaw, presented by Russell Davies. Very good stuff. It's only available on the Web site until next Tuesday afternoon, March 15th.

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

Look to the right of the screen and look for

The Artie Shaw Story
As told by Russell Davies

Click on it, the player will load and you can listen.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 11:37:42 AM by Ben »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2005, 10:57:46 AM »

UGH!!!  Plaid on plaid...you could have warned me!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2005, 10:58:30 AM »

I don't know from Laurel and Hardy. The Jewish festival is gone, replaced by a housing fair. That's nowhere near as exciting. They don't even have a llama.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2005, 11:00:23 AM »

UGH!!!  Plaid on plaid...you could have warned me!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Your puppies are so cute!

That said, I am wearing two mismatching plaids. I look spectacular.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2005, 11:01:08 AM »

Oh, my. Thanks for sharing Jennifer! LOL!

Yeah...nothing so vivid as an image of a mucus gusher emanating from her nostrils!

Be very careful of sneezing or you might find yourself blowing snot bubbles!

:D

« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 11:01:35 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2005, 11:11:45 AM »

Heads up Jrand!

Fun in Indiana!

From a newsletter:

Quote:
Gay Group Hosts Fred Phelps
by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

(Fort Wayne, Indiana) The Equal Rights Coalition will play host to America's most notable homophobe in Fort Wayne on Sunday.  The Rev. Fred Phelps, who runs the God Hates fags website and whose followers regularly demonstrate against LGBT rights has agreed to take part in a forum on gay rights.

Members of Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas - most of whom are family members - gained national notoriety when they protested outside the 1998 funeral for Matthew Shepard, the gay college student beaten to death in Wyoming.

The murder led to the play "The Laramie Project" in which Phelps is depicted. The award winning play will run for four days beginning Thursday at the Lincoln Museum in Fort Wayne.

Phelps and his followers plan to picket the museum and six area churches that he claims are tolerant of gays.
The Equal Rights Coalition has scheduled the forum for 11 a.m. Sunday at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne

I'm sure there will no name-calling!

der Brucer
Everybody, SING!!!

Let me call you sweetheart,
I'm in love with youuuuuuu!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up