Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT TO THE CHASE  (Read 19993 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:CUT TO THE CHASE
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2005, 11:46:39 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2005, 11:50:10 PM »

Well, I got back from the Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Northwest Regional contest tonight.  It was pretty darned good!  There were two local groups (one placed third!) and, since I was working in the consessions and had to leave before the end of the first act to get back to the consessions area, I didn't get to see the last group...which turned out to be both the audience favorite AND the winning group.  I hate it when that happens.  But after they were given the trophy for winning, they did sing an encore.  They deserved very muchly to win!  I also bought their 2-song demo for only $2.00.  I haven't listened to it yet, but it should be very, very good!  A great time was had by all!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2005, 11:55:41 PM »

There was one group that had to drop out because one of their group, according to the emcee, was passing a kidney stone and it hadn't passed yet. :o And the group that was supposed to host the evening (last year's winner) wasn't there, either.  Their excuse was that the wife of one of the members was about to give birth..."and they don't use substitutes."  So, they got a group formerly called "The Trench Coats," but now are known as "The Coats" to host the evening...meaning they sing a half-hour set after the intermission to give the judges time to make their decisions.  The Coats (formerly known as The Trench Coats) won the Northwest regional finals in 1994.  They were also very good.  That was the entertainment.  At concessions, I was selling primarily alcohol for people who imbibe, but very few actually imbibed!  This was quite unusual.  Usually there are a few who get drunker than a skunk, but not tonight.  So, it was a tame, but very loud (during the performance) audience.  As I said, a great time was had by all!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 11:56:56 PM by George »

George

« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2005, 11:58:40 PM »

Oh, the name of the group that won was "Grove for Thought."  Just thought someone would want to know.  They have a website, www.grooveforthought.com.  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up