Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AN OLD-FASHIONED NEIGHBORHOOD BOOKSTORE  (Read 5626 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: AN OLD-FASHIONED NEIGHBORHOOD BOOKSTORE
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »

Our company has gone & I am washing the sheets & towels.  I just need to stay away. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - overall, eight hours of sleep, just a convoluted eight hours.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »

Vibes and xylophones for good sitzprobe and rehearsal.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2019, 01:32:22 PM »

Vibes for George.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »

Watching Rocketman and really enjoying it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2019, 01:43:54 PM »

It is a wet, cold 60% here.  Summer is definitely gone.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2019, 01:54:46 PM »

I've been too busy today.  I just finished most of my late afternoon chores as well as making tuna salad, and my body aches.  I'd get in the tub, but I'm waiting for a visit from my friend Steve Ross, who's stopping by to say hello. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »

When he leaves, I'll write out my rent check for October and post it tomorrow on my way to physical therapy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »

I'm looking forward to Ken Burns' Country Music History beginning tonight.  I hope I can stay awake for it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2019, 02:04:55 PM »

I was just checking times and theaters for Downton Abbey next week, and my friend Simon Jones is in it!  I haven't seen him since he was in Me and My Girl at Encores!  I used to see him and his family at the Christmas brunches at Ron Raines' apt.  That's water under the bridge.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »

But who's bitter?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2019, 02:48:08 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »

Pain-relief vibes to DRs Elmore and TCB and anyone else needing them.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »

Break-legs vibes to DR George.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »

Jane, did you see my post on Friday night about the Life Extension article?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2019, 02:51:28 PM »

Also Jane, I received an email I'd like to forward to you. If you PM me your email address, I'll do so.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2019, 02:52:04 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!

Everybody sleeping in this morning? 

Not us!  My alarm went off at 6:15 in order for us to leave by 8:15.  We went to Rev. Amy’s (our niece) church for her oldest son’s confirmation.  Family lunch afterwards and then Richard and I went to the opening reception for a quilt exhibit.  We’re in for the evening now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2019, 02:53:13 PM »

Well, it’s finally here — sitzprobe and tech Sunday for CABARET.

I’ll be out all day, and any vibes you can spare for a good rehearsal and sitzprobe will be most welcome. And don’t forget to pray for that baby.

Vibes coming your way.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »

TTFN.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »

I'm looking forward to Ken Burns' Country Music History beginning tonight.  I hope I can stay awake for it.

We went to a preview event for the series at Miami Hamilton this past Tuesday and we’re also looking forward to the broadcast.  The live band that performed at the event was The Corndrinkers.  I worked at Dayton Metro Library with Barb, one of the fiddle players and had heard her play at staff day.  Hadn’t heard the whole band before, though.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2019, 03:10:58 PM »

Steve Ross just left.  It was nice to see him.  He wanted to know how my surgery went, and I told him the whole story of why it didn't happen. He loved meeting Annabelle and Stella, who climbed all over him.
https://www.steveross.net

FJL

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2019, 04:01:21 PM »

I've been too busy today.  I just finished most of my late afternoon chores as well as making tuna salad, and my body aches.  I'd get in the tub, but I'm waiting for a visit from my friend Steve Ross, who's stopping by to say hello. 

Steve Ross?  You mean THE Steve Ross?  Just stopped by to say hello and meet the cats?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:43:59 PM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »

Phyllis Newman has died.  I liked her.  The last time I saw her was on Broadway and 80th Street.  She had just come from Pinky Nails.  She said "I'd take your hand but I just had my nails done."  I helped her get a taxi.

FJL

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2019, 04:55:23 PM »

Phyllis Newman has died.  I liked her.  The last time I saw her was on Broadway and 80th Street.  She had just come from Pinky Nails.  She said "I'd take your hand but I just had my nails done."  I helped her get a taxi.

When I went with my Mom to see "Madwoman of Central Park West"(it sounded like the perfect show to see with Mom), we had really close seats.  At one point, something Ms. Newman said in the script about kids made my Mom really laugh a little louder than other people and Mom nudged me in the ribs. Ms. Newman looked to see who was acknowledging what she'd said about kids, and saw that it was a Mom about her age seeing the show with a kid close to the age she was talking about. 

I got to tell Phyllis Newman that at one of Amanda's concerts, and she seemed to like that a Mom and a son had gone to that particular show together.   (But I could not recall for the life of me what the line was.    Mom's reaction had been with a meaning like  "See, that happens between parents and kids in in celebrity families, too.")

Jane

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2019, 05:41:30 PM »

Jane, did you see my post on Friday night about the Life Extension article?

I saw the posts above & below & missed it.  Thank you for mentioning it again.  I will read more about this.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2019, 05:42:14 PM »

Also Jane, I received an email I'd like to forward to you. If you PM me your email address, I'll do so.

I will do that now.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »

Steve Ross just left.  It was nice to see him.  He wanted to know how my surgery went, and I told him the whole story of why it didn't happen. He loved meeting Annabelle and Stella, who climbed all over him.
https://www.steveross.net

I am glad you had a nice visit.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2019, 05:46:31 PM »

When I went with my Mom to see "Madwoman of Central Park West"(it sounded like the perfect show to see with Mom), we had really close seats.  At one point, something Ms. Newman said in the script about kids made my Mom really laugh a little louder than other people and Mom nudged me in the ribs. Ms. Newman looked to see who was acknowledging what she'd said about kids, and saw that it was a Mom about her age seeing the show with a kid close to the age she was talking about. 

I got to tell Phyllis Newman that at one of Amanda's concerts, and she seemed to like that a Mom and a son had gone to that particular show together.   (But I could not recall for the life of me what the line was.    Mom's reaction had been with a meaning like  "See, that happens between parents and kids in in celebrity families, too.")

;D  That is a nice memory.

John G.

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »

I saw her on tour with that show. I really enjoyed her in that and loved Ed Kleban's song, Better.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2019, 06:35:54 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up