Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSIC AND LAUGHTER  (Read 3089 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MUSIC AND LAUGHTER
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:19:11 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had music and laughter, and now it is time for you to post until the music and laughter cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MUSIC AND LAUGHTER
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:20:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: EFFICACY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:22:23 AM »

First post after BK.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »

Just before I went to post the notes, the computer just shut down - freaky and weird.  Just a little pop-up that said "Your computer shut down because of a problem and will restart automatically."  It did, but I will never understand why it does that kind of thing.

George

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 12:30:25 AM »

Just before I went to post the notes, the computer just shut down - freaky and weird.  Just a little pop-up that said "Your computer shut down because of a problem and will restart automatically."  It did, but I will never understand why it does that kind of thing.

That is just weird.  My computer (fortunately) has only shut down when there's an update that needs a restart, but I have the option to not have it restart until I'm ready.  I would hate to have it restart when I'm in the middle of several things, like I am right now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 12:32:18 AM »

Congrats on the very successful Bernstein concert, BK! :D

George

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 12:43:50 AM »

To continue from last night...I had otherwise seen Bette's character Delores Del Lago's last name spelled:  de Lago, deLago, De Lago and Delago, and I wanted to have it spelled correctly.  I don't know if Del Lago is really the way that Bette preferred to spell it, but it was the only commercially released product that I found that showed any spelling of the name.  I can't find my DVD right now, so I don't know if that even has it on it, but since I've burned the Blu-ray, it is what it is.

George

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 01:05:24 AM »

~~~Vibes for One Huge Miracle for BK That Is Really Needed!!~~~

George

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 01:29:11 AM »

Well, I must be off.  I did NOT get enough sleep this morning, so I need to get much more today. 8)

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 04:27:39 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 04:31:12 AM »

After a day of doing little, my legs are starting to feel as though they want to work again.  I have another quiet day today and tomorrow I have physical therapy.  Tuesday is pre-colonoscopy day, so I will be confined to home, and Wednesday morning is the event.  I need to remind Joshie, since he will pick me up aftewr the procedure.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 04:32:00 AM »

DR JohnG, I wish you'd come to Manhattan and do my laundry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 04:33:37 AM »

DR JRand69, I enjoyed your chart.  It seems I am the year of the Dog. That chart bodes well for 2020 so I hope that means the Ohio property finally sells, I start working more regularly, and that the Orange Slug Squatting in the White House gets put out.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 05:05:12 AM »

The Triumph of Love seems a million years ago, but it was a landmine of bickering and betrayals.  It had two tryouts: Baltimore Center Stage (I think) and then the Yale Rep before Broadway.  The composer did not want the orchestrator Margo Lion and the lyricist were pushing on him, and he wanted me.  He contacted me after he felt the "orchestrator," who's quite good with rhythm charts, wasn't working out, but Ms Lion continually rejected me and put me down.  She was quite ugly.  Once I was out of the picture, the original orchestrator quit, and I do not remember who took over.  It wasn't Bruce Coughlin.

Then, when the show went to Yale, the MD, Patrick Brady, called me to work on it, but I was committed to something else, and that was the end of my involvement.  After the Yale production, three actors were dropped by Ms Lion in and replaced by F. Murray Abraham, Betty Buckley, and Kevin Chamberlin.  I know two of them, and they are still bitter about it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:06:45 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 05:07:59 AM »

And there was a lot more warfare and betrayal going on as well behind the scenes, one of the reasons there are songs by other writers.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 05:10:20 AM »

After I tidy up, I plan to spend the day doing very little.  I'll work on my taxes for a bit, maybe watch something.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 05:30:19 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 05:31:54 AM »

It’s Tech Sunday, and miracles are welcomed here, too, as I somehow pull this one off with a damned head cold that I didn’t have until late yesterday afternoon.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 05:33:09 AM »

The second Elmer concert sounds wonderful. Congrats to BK, and here’s to more miracles.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 05:33:42 AM »

That’s one hell of a story, DR Elmore.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2020, 05:35:41 AM »

Well, I will probably not be online again till late tonight or maybe even tomorrow morning.

Good Sunday vibes for all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2020, 06:04:33 AM »

It’s Tech Sunday, and miracles are welcomed here, too, as I somehow pull this one off with a damned head cold that I didn’t have until late yesterday afternoon.

Break a leg!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2020, 06:13:24 AM »

That’s one hell of a story, DR Elmore.

I didn't want to go into the other battles on The Triumph of Love which did not affect me, like why other song writers ended up working on the show. 

In 1998 I was working on restoring the original 1938 scores for The Boys from Syracuse for the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization and Encores! when Charlie Harmon who was working with Leonard Bernstein's publishing company asked me to orchestrate On the Town for Central Park. I had to turn it down because of my other commitment, and I recommended Bruce Coughlin since I knew he had done other work for the Bernstein company.  That was how Margo Lion heard his work and asked him to orchestrate The Triumph of Love for Broadway.  A year later, Charlie asked me to orchestrate Candide for the National Theatre of Great Britain and I accepted.  Charlie went on vacation, and when he returned, he had to tell me that Bernstein's business manager Harry Kraut had replaced me with . . .

Bruce Coughlin.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:18:27 AM by elmore3003 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 06:50:03 AM »

Show business!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »

Congrats to MR BK & Co on the Bernstein Soiree....I love "Where's Jack?" and used to play the LP all the time.....

Miracle vibes!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 06:51:03 AM »

Hell vibes for DR CHAS SMITH.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 06:51:57 AM »

DR ELMORE is a dog and I am a tiger....interesting.....yes the Chinese horoscope for us is interesting for the year....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2020, 07:34:27 AM »

Congrats on the very successful Bernstein concert, BK! :D

DITTO.

Jane

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2020, 07:35:27 AM »

~~~Vibes for One Huge Miracle for BK That Is Really Needed!!~~~

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2020, 07:36:44 AM »

After a day of doing little, my legs are starting to feel as though they want to work again.  I have another quiet day today and tomorrow I have physical therapy.  Tuesday is pre-colonoscopy day, so I will be confined to home, and Wednesday morning is the event.  I need to remind Joshie, since he will pick me up aftewr the procedure.

Yay regarding your legs and good vibes for today and tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up