Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SOUTHERN FRIED NOTES  (Read 24279 times)

MBarnum

Re:SOUTHERN FRIED NOTES
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2005, 04:57:02 PM »

And besides...Hercules should ALWAYS have his hair in a 1950s pompadour...it is more authentic, dontchathink! LOL!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2005, 05:00:39 PM »

Oh, yes, my final Re:

Re:  the Wendy's story.  I posted about this a few days ago--search my previous entries for the amazing punchline.  The FBI is involved.
The FBI is training it's operatives at a fast food restaurant???   ??? ??? ??? :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2005, 05:04:30 PM »

And besides...Hercules should ALWAYS have his hair in a 1950s pompadour...it is more authentic, dontchathink! LOL!

DRMBarnum, are you popping your gum as you say that?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2005, 05:05:12 PM »

I'm still in shock from Michael Jackson's assertions that this current mess he's in is happening through bias against him as a black man.  I was really surprised since I thought the prejudice would come from the black community since Jackson's been looking like a white woman for years.
AHA!!!  He's being persecuted because he's a lesbian!

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »

And you can punctuate it!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2005, 05:08:45 PM »

Re: Johnny Cochran.  Somehow I can't summon up any tear of mourning for a man who, rather than seek truth and justice, chose to contemptuously manipulate the judicial system in order to cynically inflict once more onto society a heinous piece of dubious, vile, human excrement.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2005, 05:13:44 PM »

I am just now very angry.

I went into my room, to check on something, and found two books with their covers torn off and some of the pages torn as well.  Half of one of the covers, the hardback, was devoured.

What makes this worse, from my perspective, is that these were books I hadn't read yet (Mordden's Sing For Your Supper and the Julia Child bio.  Books are things, the contents are ideas, and I hadn't had the chance to enjoy them.

I'm very sure Peggy is the culprit.

DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN!!!!!

Danise

« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2005, 05:16:13 PM »

Evening folks.

I  am sooo tired tonight.  I don’t know why really but I am and I plan on hitting the sack early tonight.

All this talk about fried chicken.  Guess what I had for dinner?  Three guesses and the first two don’t count.  You got it.  Fried chicken from KFC.  I decided to try the extra crispy.  I think I’ll stick to original from now on.

I had some very upsetting news regarding my bus to work.  They want to change the route.  The new route would cut my stop and I would have to drive quite a ways to catch the bus.  I wrote them a scathing e-mail.    

In part, I told them they should change the name from HARTLINE to something else (rhymes with HART) because they don’t have a heart and they don’t give a crap (I used another word) about their customers.  I’m sorry but I’m mad and you just don’t want to mess with me when I get that way.

What I was going to tell you last night about the laptop.  Sunday the new neighbors to the East (not to be confused with the new duplex they are building on our West side) stopped by to look at their house.  They had two young children with them.

Bear (not knowing they are the new neighbors) barked at them.  They proceeded to yell “shut up” at Bear.  They were not very nice at all and certainly didn’t make a good first impression on me.

I told Mom we had better get a privacy fence put up toot sweet.  I don’t want any problems with them saying Bear or Brandi bit one of their kids (not that I think B & B would) if they stick their hand through the fence.  Sigh.  So Long, lap top.  

I think I am going to HATE having neighbors.  

Thank you, DR George.  What should I be looking for from you?  I can’t remember anything.  Pictures from NY?  

I stopped by Walmart and they wonder of wonders they had my photos!  Yay!  I need to do another fifty or so and then I’ll be all caught up.  I think the final count was somewhere around 125 pictures I took so have more to share with you all when I finish resizing them for the web.

I heard that work is a mess.  They managed to crash the data base while I was gone and haven’t been able to enter anything since Wednesday of last week.  I’m told there are piles of paper work (quite literally) waiting for my return on Thursday.   Do I really have to go back?  :(

You know, I meant to tell you guys that I brought the want ads and the real estate section of the NY Times home with me to read for kicks and giggles.  To my surprise, there were several jobs I honestly think I could apply for and get.  The apartments are expensive but I think making what the jobs said they’d pay, I could swing one.  Just a thought……..

Oh, and speaking of funerals and such.  I have a touch of graveside humor as well.  I had to buy two graves when I got mine and my burning question is if I die without marrying, what will happen to that second grave?  Will they resell it and I’ll end up with a stranger beside me?  Or will I get a refund?

Did I tell you that I’m tired?  I think it might be time to turn in.

Laters all.  

« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 05:26:02 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2005, 05:23:59 PM »

Nice way to come into the neighborhood, yelling "shut up" to someone's dog.

Pogue, I just hope Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman get a few moments in the spiritual world to meet up with Mr. Cochran.

Dogs eating books? What next?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2005, 05:25:22 PM »

Evening folks.

<SNIP>

Thank you, DR George.  What should I be looking for from you?  I can’t remember anything.  Pictures from NY?

I think I'll let it be a surprise.  Here's a hint:  it starts with a C and ends with a D (and there's nothing in the middle of the word ::) ).  Cryptic enough? ;) I hope you don't already have these...I mean this...okay, "these."  There are several of them. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2005, 05:26:28 PM »

Re: Johnny Cochran.  Somehow I can't summon up any tear of mourning for a man who, rather than seek truth and justice, chose to contemptuously manipulate the judicial system in order to cynically inflict once more onto society a heinous piece of dubious, vile, human excrement.

DRPogue, I agree!  My first reaction to the new was "who cares?"  But then I realized I did care for what he and others have done to the judicial system.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2005, 05:27:13 PM »

And I hope that I haven't already sent you any of them.  If I have, it'll show you how observant I am! :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »

DR's SWW and Danise - sorry to hear that you both are having difficulties.  In that department here, my DH Richard is now coming down with the "cold from Hell" that I've had since Friday.  This is so NOT how we'd planned to spend our week off! :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2005, 05:28:54 PM »

I think I'll let it be a surprise.  Here's a hint:  it starts with a C and ends with a D (and there's nothing in the middle of the word ::) ).  Cryptic enough? ;) I hope you don't already have these...I mean this...okay, "these."  There are several of them. ;D

I'm all a twitter!  Can't wait for them to arrive!  Whatever they are.  I LOVE surprises!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2005, 05:32:42 PM »

Sorry to hear about the cold you and DH have, Ginny.  I guess I could say that  at least I do have my health!  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2005, 05:34:10 PM »

Yes, Ginny, what point is having a cold if you can't call in sick??

Danise

« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2005, 05:36:09 PM »

Poor Peggy.  She’s just sad about her pups so she went looking for some reading to devourer and take her mind off of them.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2005, 05:41:25 PM »

Yes, Ginny, what point is having a cold if you can't call in sick??

To preserve my chance of earning the "used no sick leave" incentive this quarter?  Actually, I don't approve of such things, because I think it encourages people to come to work when they shouldn't.  I've only earned it once in my seven-plus years at DML - and that was totally inadvertant!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2005, 05:57:39 PM »

Yes, Jrand54, it is true!  HERCULES in its initial airing  on NBC will be in one-three-hour showing.  This was done, to my understanding, for programming reasons.  There will be a four-hour version that will air, I'm told, later on USA or Sci-fi and may also have another screening on NBC in the summer that will be four-hour.  The DVD will be four-hour and everywhere else in the world it will show as a four-hour.  I've seen neither the three or four hour version yet.

Will you see them before they air?

George

« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2005, 06:01:35 PM »

To preserve my chance of earning the "used no sick leave" incentive this quarter?  Actually, I don't approve of such things, because I think it encourages people to come to work when they shouldn't.  I've only earned it once in my seven-plus years at DML - and that was totally inadvertant!

I nickel and dime my vacation time, but I hardly ever use sick leave...not that I'm bragging, but I hardly ever get sick!  Anyway (again, not to brag), but I have 119 days of sick leave available to me, but only about eight days of vacation! ::) (Just a few months ago, I only had 4 hours of vacation!).

The worst part is is that when I retire, I can (of course) use all of my vacation time, but I lose all of my sick leave.  We can't buy back any of our sick leave.  That just makes me sick! (no pun intended ::) )
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:04:33 PM by George »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2005, 06:02:40 PM »

Just before The Amazing Race, a brand new N.C.I.S. described as follows:

A Petty Officer is found dead backstage at a local bikini contest.

What else from the network that brought you: Spring Break Shark Attack! :o
Was he wearing the top, the bottom, or both?

Jane

« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »

Jose I don't know about this place since they sell hazelnuts and brazil nuts-each dangerous to me on there own, but I hate to think what the combination would do to me.

http://www.peanutshoppe.com/index.html

Michael

« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »

Come tell us how you really feel.  ;D
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2005, 06:08:43 PM »

George you might think about using some of that sick leave up before you retire.  A friend of mine used his accumulated sick leave every Monday just before he retired.  He timed it perfectly.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2005, 06:23:54 PM »

One of the highlights of Williamsburg was finally visiting The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg.
http://www.thepeanutshop.com/

Jose my guess is you have been there.  How do the two shops compare?

Jane

« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2005, 06:24:45 PM »

Hi Tomovoz.  :D

George

« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2005, 06:35:18 PM »

George you might think about using some of that sick leave up before you retire.  A friend of mine used his accumulated sick leave every Monday just before he retired.  He timed it perfectly.

We can't use more than three days in a row without a doctor's note.  I have been told by co-workers that I should start using sick leave for "wellness days."  I haven't yet, but I plan to.  And (shh...don't tell anyone) I have called in sick a few times without actually being sick, but when I did that, I never left my house!

Jane

« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2005, 06:37:27 PM »

Danise I hope the first impression with your new neighbors is misleading and all turns out well.  

I never heard of anyone having to purchase two burial sites.  It must have been a prime location you wanted.

Good luck with the bus service.  Are you the only one who uses that stop?

Jane

« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2005, 06:42:02 PM »

George that’s funny you never left your house.  If you did run into someone from work wouldn’t they also be skipping work?

One year my father kept my brother out of school and took him to a World Series game.  They ran into one of his teachers.  She said “I won’t tell if you don’t”.

Ginny

« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2005, 06:53:40 PM »

One year my father kept my brother out of school and took him to a World Series game.  They ran into one of his teachers.  She said “I won’t tell if you don’t”.

Jane - LOL ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up