Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES  (Read 3586 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2020, 09:57:59 PM »

I was trying to watch a William Castle movie I'd never seen before, but other than its camp value it is truly terrible - Project X.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2020, 10:30:52 PM »

I had to remove a thread on my timeline tonight because Barry Pearl came into it with a very weird post that looked like it was castigating me for saying something I hadn't said or anything like it, rather like what happened here last night.  He clarified a couple of posts later that he was being general but the damage was done, which you could see by the people who "liked" his post and ignored his subsequent posts as well as mine as well as the others who totally saw what had happened.  It was irritating but the likes were from people who want to believe the worst in everything and I'm going to unfriend every one of them for it and for not having the courtesy to even read the subsequent explanatory posts.  It was an interesting conversation up until that point, with much humor and respect.  To the people who understood what was going on and were supportive I said thanks.  And Barry knows what he did was worded poorly, at least that's what his subsequent post implied.  But, a simple click of a button and whoosh, gone with the damn wind.

I find it annoying when people comment without reading the full thread as questions are often answered and views explained.

As for the misunderstanding last night, I admit having to re-read your original comment before reacting.  If I was trying to cope with my brother being sick and 10 deaths at my husband's place of work my reaction might have been the same  :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2020, 10:43:42 PM »

Jane, I understand that, but I was called out for something I hadn't said and I would hope that the clarification would have meant something, but apparently not.  I'm not a callous person and I would think everyone here would know that by now and read what was written carefully before going off on someone. 

Jane

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2020, 11:01:49 PM »

I realize that, and it is why I re-rsad what you had written.   However, I might not have taken the time if I was already upset and scared before reading it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2020, 11:07:34 PM »

Well, as I said, I explained how the post was completely misunderstood to no response.  I tell you, when stuff like this happens I just want to shut down the board and frankly shut down everything.  That's the point I'm at right now, sadly.  All I'm trying to do is remain positive and to be accused of making light of deaths doesn't sit well with me, when the simple point of the post was that Dr. Fauci had downsized the potential deaths and considerably so, which I thought was a good thing because it IS a good thing.  Instead, words are put in my mouth that I never said and I actually have to stop typing this post or I WILL shut the damn thing down because it is becoming impossible to be positive in this world in which we're living and I will NOT EVER go to the negative side, despite some of my curmudgeonly rants, which are merely that - that's why I've been sharing stuff I really shouldn't be sharing, so that people can have some damn enjoyment.  I gotta tell you.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2020, 11:24:43 PM »

I am guessing your response hasn't been read yet.  I am sure it will be.  I have trouble listening to music on the internet but obviously what you have been sharing has been uplifting and greatly appreciated.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2020, 11:49:41 PM »

I am a Thoroughly Modern Millie fan, and even though the film, is too long, I get a kick out of it.  I think it tries at times to say "Aren't we camp?" and I think the movie's sense of camp would be brilliant if they stopped doing that.  it has a sense of style that the dreadful stage version never achieved.  Joy Layton's work is stylish, the costume design is really wonderful, and Andre Previn's arrangements, as well as his film score, are truly wonderful.

And speaking of Millie's costumes, did you (or anyone) see this on YouTube:

A Thoroughly Modern Wardrobe for Thoroughly Modern Millie.  When I make my Blu-ray of Millie, I'm going to add this as a bonus segment. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2020, 11:50:00 PM »

Hi, Jane.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2020, 11:52:09 PM »

The Indiana numbers are not online yet this morning.

CBS This Morning is now showing victims and talking about their lives.  Very sad.

Oh, my...when I first read this, I thought it said, "CBS This Morning is now showing victims taking their lives." :o

George

« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2020, 11:52:36 PM »

I am SO glad that I misread that. :-\

George

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2020, 11:55:27 PM »

George

« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2020, 11:57:10 PM »

Many vibes of peace for Vixmom.

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2020, 12:03:09 AM »

From Stan's Donuts. :(

Thank you!
We baked our last donut on
Thursday, April 9, 2020.​
Thank you for all your support over the years.

That's too bad.  A local burger joint, Eagan's , just re-opened their drive-thru on Wednesday after being closed for  a week and a half, so there's some good news.  A friend of mine works there, so I went on Wednesday AND today.

George

« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2020, 12:04:37 AM »

I had a second wind going last night, enough that I went to the LA NOW AND THEN video and watched all of Act 1. I'm thoroughly enjoying it in spite of the shortcomings of the video. It's great to revisit the songs I'd already seen, but especially in the context of the entire show.

I just have to say right now that the wrestling scene is one of my favorite things ever. I'd been looking forward to seeing it again, and once again, my proverbial jaw practically hit the proverbial floor at the brilliance of everything and everyone involved in this staging. I can't even imagine the preparation, both individual and collectively, that went into it. BK should win an award for this one alone.

There's a lot I need to get done around here today, so it will be late this afternoon or this evening before I can watch Act 2. More later.

Really looking forward to that this weekend.

Me, too!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:17 AM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:51 AM »

Jane, if it hasn't been read that's even worse because that means she still thinks what she thinks, which, in my book, just isn't right.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:59 AM »

But that's in my book.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:12 AM »

And then I wrote...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:26 AM »

Oh, the notes are up so perhaps I'll change the topic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:44 AM »

It's looking like I may have a couple of Li'l Abner clips to share :)

George

« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:46 AM »

There are 6,907 cases in Indiana - 300 dead - 89 cases in my county.

In Washington state, there are 9887 confirmed cases, 475 total deaths, but only 1 death in my county.

George

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2020, 12:12:07 AM »

It's looking like I may have a couple of Li'l Abner clips to share :)

That'll be fun!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up