Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND TEST  (Read 3129 times)

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
Re: THE SECOND TEST
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2020, 10:15:37 PM »

Ta da....unless someone beat me to it

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2020, 10:16:06 PM »

Night all....back to work for awhile

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2020, 10:21:01 PM »

After, I went for a drive and on the way home decided to brave Ralph's just to see what it was like.  It wasn't any more crowded than when it used to be in the evenings before all this.  But it was interesting to see what was in short supply.  Not meat.  Not chicken.  Not even canned products.  They had plenty of everything and I actually bought almost nothing.  The ice cream cases were, to me, the hardest hit - very few things and the ones that were left were not things you'd want.  Fascinating.  And the frozen food section, while not bereft of product, had been picked over.  I got the last two Red Baron pepperoni pizzas - I rather enjoyed the one I had last week.  And I got the last three Diet Coke Caffeine free twelve packs, which were on sale so I saved about eight bucks there.  Plenty of regular Diet Coke, isn't that interesting?  Before all this, no one bought the Caffeine free.  Go know.  I didn't check the paper products but I assume there weren't any because THAT insanity has not abated.  I was in and out in ten minutes.

We don't buy soda anymore so I haven't paid attention to what is available.   Except for occasional unavailability of my favorite flavors there has always been ice cream to purchase.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »

Good evening.  George, we love Schwan's. My mom has gotten food from them for years and a lot of it is really good.  She's to the point now where he Schwan's man knows what she wants so she has him go look in her freezer and he brings her what he thinks she'd like and she writes a check.  He's always right so she must be pretty predictable.   She does look through the catalogue too.  I've actually been thinking about it, every time I see the yellow truck go by.  They drive right up to your house and the frozen food is all on their truck. So you tell them what you want and they go out and get it.   Or you can order on line

It is interesting to learn how it is delivered.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2020, 10:22:15 PM »

So sorry about your friend, Jane

Thank you. 

Jane

« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2020, 10:24:53 PM »

So, my neighbor stopped by today.  What we ended up arguing about the other day was the extent of the virus in the county and especially from Tyson.   Well, today he came over and said "oh my god, you were right about everything"  I don't know that anyone has ever said that to me, lol.  Sadly, I was right.  Today they said that 669 people who work at the plant tested positive.   There are reports that people put cold compresses on their heads before going in so they can pass the temperature taking.  Also I heard second hand, that the district health called someone who tested positive to tell them the news.  Even though the person had been told don't go anywhere, when the call came in he was at Walmart!   

Often we really don't want to be right.  That Walmart story is sadly far too common.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2020, 10:27:10 PM »

I have a hearing there in the morning. I will be wearing an n95 mask. The prosecutor thinks I'm nuts....I think he's nuts...Everything is pretty normal, lol

You are smart to wear a mask.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2020, 11:27:36 PM »

DR TCB how how before you can check out the book again?  With only 3 chapters left I feel your frustration.

There are four Holds, for two Copies.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2020, 11:31:04 PM »

A truly bright light was distinguished today :(

Our friend who had been in the hospital with pneumonia and then released.  We thought she was improving.  Today we received news she has passed away.  Penny messaged me as this was a mutual school friend.

Dear Jane, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2020, 11:40:25 PM »

Good evening.  George, we love Schwan's. My mom has gotten food from them for years and a lot of it is really good.  She's to the point now where he Schwan's man knows what she wants so she has him go look in her freezer and he brings her what he thinks she'd like and she writes a check.  He's always right so she must be pretty predictable.   She does look through the catalogue too.  I've actually been thinking about it, every time I see the yellow truck go by.  They drive right up to your house and the frozen food is all on their truck. So you tell them what you want and they go out and get it.   Or you can order on line

Some time ago, Schwan's instituted a fuel surcharge.  If you ordered online, it's only $1.75.  If you order more than $50 worth, there's no surcharge.  However, if you order at the truck, it's a $3.99 surcharge.  Anytime that I want to order, I make sure to pre-order online.  Rarely, however, do I order $50 worth.

Didn't know that.  Occasionally I'll see a truck just sitting in a parking lot and will stop and buy a few things.  I have been thinking about ordering online.  Does it still get delivered on the truck?

Yes, everything else is the same, but you pay less of a surcharge.  Ordering even once a month like I usually do makes it worth ordering online.  That way, you can search their entire catalog and get exactly what you want, and not just what they happen to have on their truck.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2020, 11:40:49 PM »

T.O.D.

Penny candy (maybe):
Root beer barrels
Wax Coke bottles
Licorice babies (that isn’t what they were called in 1955)

Nickel candy:
Hershey bar - milk chocolate, no almonds
Milk Duds
Good and Plenty

If I had the money to splurge, 10 cent candy:
Flicks
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2020, 11:41:31 PM »

BTW, YouTube is now working properly - not a single hiccup this evening and it archived and posted it to the page immediately after it was done.  And I received an e-mail that it was starting.

Cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2020, 11:41:46 PM »

On a happy note, I did get my stimulus money today.  That was nice.

Great news!

George

« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2020, 11:43:18 PM »

Hi, Tom.

George

« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2020, 11:49:49 PM »

DR TCB how how before you can check out the book again?  With only 3 chapters left I feel your frustration.

There are four Holds, for two Copies.

Tom, have you looked into getting an online card at another library system?  I have my regular card for Timblerland Regional Library (TRL), but I also have an online card for Pierce County Library, so that if TRL doesn't have an OverDrive title, I can search to see if Pierce County has it.  More often than not, they do. 

George

« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2020, 11:50:06 PM »

And I was able to get the card online without having to actually go to a Pierce County branch.  TRL has a reciprocal agreement with them (and other library systems throughout the state), so someone from the Pierce County library system should be able to get a TRL card for just online stuff, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2020, 12:02:28 AM »

I'm getting really close to catching up on my back log of briefs.   One more big one due on Tuesday and then just the regular madness.   I've gotten enough hours in that I should be good to take a week off in the next couple months.  I'm going to wait until the virus is under control so things are open and I can spend time with mom

I am also almost caught up with my briefs.  One more load and I can move on to my boxers.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2020, 12:05:45 AM »

I'm getting really close to catching up on my back log of briefs.   One more big one due on Tuesday and then just the regular madness.   I've gotten enough hours in that I should be good to take a week off in the next couple months.  I'm going to wait until the virus is under control so things are open and I can spend time with mom

I am also almost caught up with my briefs.  One more load and I can move on to my boxers.

:))

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2020, 12:07:53 AM »

Some time ago, Schwan's instituted a fuel surcharge.  If you ordered online, it's only $1.75.  If you order more than $50 worth, there's no surcharge.  However, if you order at the truck, it's a $3.99 surcharge.  Anytime that I want to order, I make sure to pre-order online.  Rarely, however, do I order $50 worth.

Speaking of fuel surcharges....  BK, didn’t you say you had been running your car to charge your battery for like a half hour at a time?  Don’t you think that might be what happened to your extra miles?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2020, 12:12:19 AM »

Yes, I suppose that might account for some miles disappearing but not all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2020, 12:12:32 AM »

What is this page six malarkey?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2020, 12:12:43 AM »

What malarkey is this page six?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2020, 12:12:53 AM »

The eternal question.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2020, 12:13:09 AM »

And we cannot have enough eternal questions.

George

« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2020, 12:13:09 AM »

Speaking of fuel surcharges....  BK, didn’t you say you had been running your car to charge your battery for like a half hour at a time?  Don’t you think that might be what happened to your extra miles?

That makes sense, if the mile estimates are based on the amount of gas in your tank.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2020, 12:13:28 AM »

I wonder if I knew Jane's friend?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2020, 12:14:14 AM »

Listening to a piano concerto.  Very Warsaw Concerto like, by a talented woman.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up