Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THERE ARE A MILLION STORIES IN THE NAKED CITY  (Read 3176 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THERE ARE A MILLION STORIES IN THE NAKED CITY
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2020, 07:02:28 PM »

Tonight brings a pandemic musical called Repo! The Genetic Opera. I don't think I'm the target audience. The all-star cast includes Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Anthony Stewart Head and Paris Hilton.

The Vixter was a huge fan of that....., when she was 15

And I think I would have loved it at that age. Instead, I was fairly bored. Surprisingly, it was because it was all just a little too tame and by the numbers.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2020, 07:02:39 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »

I think I'm going to head off to read for a while and then try to get some sleep.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2020, 07:04:12 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2020, 07:06:00 PM »

Only a DPT booster, without the tetanus?  I haven't heard of that.  This is the one vaccination Bryan asked us about.

The T in DPT is for tetanus.  I was concerned because I'd just had a tetanus shot last June when I fell and cut my face, but the doctor said it was OK (but he said I was smart to ask).  It's the P (pertussus = whooping cough) part that grandparents have to have.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2020, 08:09:03 PM »

Good evening.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »

Yes, I got the grandma shot a year and a half ago.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2020, 08:15:37 PM »

DR George, despite the quarantine, you had an amazing birthday.  That's fantastic.

Thanks, Larry!  It was a good one. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »

That WAS nice DR JOHN G.

DR GEORGE that is a My T Fine photograph of yourself.

I also liked the photo DR ELMORE posted of his cousin and his bird that is not his cat.

Agreed!

Thanks, Jrand!

Ditto!!

George

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:07 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!

George

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »

I am pleased to announce that my new one-person play, PETER LORRE, is now available in paperback and Kindle editions via Amazon.

Humphrey Bogart, Sydney Greenstreet, Boris Karloff, Vincent Price: Peter has stories about them all.

This is the 28th play in THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS Collection.

Production rights are available. 

Soon, I will be seeking the right voice actor to do an audio version.

https://www.amazon.com/PETER-LORRE-One-Person-Play-Acts-ebook/dp/B0884TPCYY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=peter+lorre+druxman&qid=1588767302&s=books&sr=1-1

Congrats, Druxy!

George

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2020, 08:25:37 PM »

The President's signature is NOT on the physical stimulus checks, but his name is on the MEMO line.

I understand that his signature is boldly there on the follow up letter that everyone will receive.

Yes, I got the follow-up letter a little bit after I received the automatically deposited stimulus money.

George

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2020, 08:26:44 PM »

HA!  The doctor called me early and my appointment is finished.

No problems and life goes on....  It was very nice to see him and Nurse Liz.....

Great news!

George

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »

Today, my friend Margo and I are going to order some Mexican take-out and go to her house and eat on her porch at a respectable distance from each other. :) We haven't seen each other in quite a while, so we'll have a lot to ketchup on.

I am sure you will enjoy your visit.

I did!  We actually took our food down to the boardwalk on the waterfront, so we sat at benches overlooking the water (there were ships in the bay!...a Pacific Overtures reference ;) ) and chatted and ate and watched the jellyfish and minnows (?) in the water, and seagulls and ducks flying around the area.

George

« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2020, 08:32:22 PM »

Stella had another round at the toilet paper, so every time I go near the bathroom door I get the vapors.  I did discover a terrible leak in the pipe running from the toilet into the wall, so Jeff our super - nice man but not as quick as Val - came up and repaired it.  Stella watched with great interest so my next fear is that I will go into the bathroom and find she's taken the toilet apart.

:o

George

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2020, 08:32:51 PM »

I want a French bulldog puppy!  This one's up for adoption on Craig's List.

So cute!! ;D

George

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »

Casting is almost complete.  Got one great NY guest and will figure out another.

Congrats, BK!

George

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s free show this weekend is By Jeeves. I just may have to watch that one.

I bought the Region-2 DVD from England back when it was first released.  I haven't watched it in many years, so I was thinking of watching it, too. :)

George

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2020, 08:37:26 PM »

Tonight brings a pandemic musical called Repo! The Genetic Opera. I don't think I'm the target audience. The all-star cast includes Sarah Brightman, Paul Sorvino, Anthony Stewart Head and Paris Hilton.

I actually bought that, too.  I don't think I ever watched it, though. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2020, 08:38:02 PM »

While social distancing 6 feet from our neighbor, and petting her dog, I asked how her father was.  Yesterday he was in the hospital and not doing well.  She said he passed away last night.  I looked at her and said I wish I could give her a hug, at which point she broke down a bit.  It is bad enough to lose someone during these times, worse not to get hugs of comfort.  At least she was with him and it was due to other medical issues he has been having, not covid. 

That's so sad, Jane. :(

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »

Ginny, oh, you previously only had the T part.  Did he tell you how long the P is good for?  I thought the entire DPT is good for 10 years unless you have an injury and need the tetanus booster.

We get a DPT every 10 years.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2020, 08:49:04 PM »

Today, my friend Margo and I are going to order some Mexican take-out and go to her house and eat on her porch at a respectable distance from each other. :) We haven't seen each other in quite a while, so we'll have a lot to ketchup on.

I did!  We actually took our food down to the boardwalk on the waterfront, so we sat at benches overlooking the water (there were ships in the bay!...a Pacific Overtures reference ;) ) and chatted and ate and watched the jellyfish and minnows (?) in the water, and seagulls and ducks flying around the area.

It sounds lovely.

George

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »

It sounds lovely.

It was a little chilly at first, though, but then warmed up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2020, 09:22:37 PM »

Finished with my viewing and shall now take a drive.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2020, 09:46:21 PM »

I did my weekly shopping late this morning.  As has been the case, there weren't a lot of people in the store, so that was good.  I also went to CVS and they had paper towels so I grabbed a 6- pack.

A little things that excite us these days.  Congrats on the paper towels.

Yes, the last time I bought toilet paper it was the highlight of my day.

I truly hope the shortages ease up soon.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2020, 09:49:30 PM »

I had an exceptionally good shoulder day which is oddly followed by a bad evening.  No need for vibes, just mentioning it as I shouldn't type on my tablet.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2020, 09:49:43 PM »

'night

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2020, 09:51:21 PM »

DR Jeanne during the facebook discussion I learned that it was the sugar cubes that infected a small percentage of people taking it.  I had thought you had the Salk injection.  Do you remember which it was?

I believe my first two polio vaccines were shots, then we had the sugar cubes. It was my first vaccine that gave me the polio. That was 1956. I later learned that thousands of children died from it. There was a PBS documentary on polio that mentioned this. I believe they used a live virus for a number of years.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up