Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: VIS-A-VIS  (Read 3869 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: VIS-A-VIS
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2020, 11:52:58 PM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2020, 11:53:13 PM »

I will actually be at that point next month!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2020, 11:53:44 PM »

This is only the second time in my ENTIRE Timberland career where I have been at this point!

George

« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2020, 11:54:15 PM »

I usually just nickel-and-dime it throughout the year. ::)

George

« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2020, 11:54:54 PM »

But the new policy is that you can keep accruing vacation over the 240 hours until the next fiscal year!

George

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2020, 11:55:37 PM »

So, if someone reaches 240 hours in January, they can keep adding their regular vacation accrual for almost a whole year! :o

George

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2020, 11:56:03 PM »

HOWEVER, you can't just take a giant chunk of vacation to use up all that vacation.

George

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2020, 11:57:06 PM »

I think the policy was changed because some people, mainly out in the branches, can't always take vacation when they need to, and this gives everyone more flexibility in being able to schedule vacations when buildings need to be staffed.

George

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2020, 11:58:36 PM »

A couple of years ago (when 240 hours was a hard limit), they also changed the policy that if you did happen to go over 240 hours, those extra hours weren't actually lost...they would be transferred over into your sick leave, which doesn't have a cap. :)

George

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2020, 11:59:40 PM »

At one point, I had over 1800 hours of sick leave!

George

« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2020, 12:01:19 AM »

But we also had the policy that in the month of January, you could transfer sick leave to your vacation balance...but that was at a three-to-one ratio, so up to 120 hours of sick leave could be converted to 40 hours of vacation.

George

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2020, 12:02:26 AM »

I'd actually been doing that for several years, and donating sick leave anytime another Timberland employee ran out of their own leave time and asked for donations from other staff, which is why I now have just under 1500 hours of sick leave.

George

« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2020, 12:03:23 AM »

So, if we reach the end of the year and we have MUCH more than 240 hours of vacation and we can't go into the next year with more than that, all of that vacation time will be moved into your sick leave. 

George

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2020, 12:03:38 AM »

Anytime that happens, it's a one-to-one transfer.

George

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2020, 12:04:02 AM »

It's only during January if someone wants to convert sick leave to vacation is it at a third of the value.

George

« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2020, 12:04:17 AM »

Either way, they're pretty cool perks.

George

« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2020, 12:13:40 AM »

We were able to get those because the Admin and the Union negotiated in good faith for the benefit of not only the staff, but for the organization, as well.

George

« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2020, 12:24:43 AM »

So, after the Zoom meeting, I went to the Tumwater Meconi's Subs and got a whole egg salad sub sandwich.

George

« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2020, 12:25:19 AM »

I had a coupon for $2.00 off, so I used it...but I also tipped well. ;)

George

« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2020, 12:26:56 AM »

I ate half of it when I got home, and saved the other half for later.

George

« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2020, 12:27:26 AM »

After eating and reading my book on my Kindle, I logged back into my work laptop and watched a whole bunch of required training videos. :P

George

« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2020, 12:27:59 AM »

Since some people can't actually work from home, some of us can do something, and that something is watch required training videos. ::)

George

« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:10 AM »

So I watched.

George

« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:48 AM »

I watched I think more than a dozen, and then read all the articles that were also require reading.

George

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2020, 12:29:37 AM »

I got through everything that is due to be required to be watched or read up through September.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up