Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AND NOW, JULY  (Read 4472 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: AND NOW, JULY
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2020, 03:39:41 PM »

Five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2020, 03:39:52 PM »

More vibes for Michael.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2020, 03:42:18 PM »

This morning I did send my doctor a request for a referral for hip and knee injections.  I just got a reply with her nurse, scheduling me for a video visit at 1:00 on July 6.  I look forward to it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2020, 03:44:34 PM »

I broke down today and bought Artists in Residence, a fundraiser album of songs written by people like Jonathan Tunick, Flaherty and Ahrens, Alan Menken and more in quarantine. I've listened to a few and really like it. Some are fun, a few are sad. Tunick's song, Central Park at Dusk, is beautifully sung by Harolyn Blackwell.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2020, 03:44:42 PM »

A video visit to talk.  I like that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »

Food was great, had a short Adryan Russ visit, and have been doing August Kritzerland show stuff.  Now I must read a review.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »

Loved it, jrand!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2020, 03:57:05 PM »

Mega vibes to Vixmom!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2020, 03:57:59 PM »

Ditto to Jane's request to see photos of John G's new paint job. When it's done.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2020, 04:01:17 PM »

TCB, there could be reasons for your sister's behavior, aside from dementia, and the symptoms could pass. Has her husband noticed her behavior?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »

I slept well, but my left leg should be amputated.  Yesterday morning, after hobbling from pharmacy to bank and home, suicide seemed such a good solution to all my aches and pains.  After going through this past surgery, I am not eager to jump back in for a hip and.or knee replacement.  What I need to do today is contact my principal caregiver at my HMO and ask about gel injections for arthritis.  If I can gain a couple of months relief, I think my mental state will improve along with my irritable mood.

I take Llfe Extension's Fast Acting Joint Formula for pain in general and arthritis in particular. It really is fast-acting. In fact, Life Extension offers a number of products for arthritis. They also have free health advisors available by phone.

www.lef.com
(Scroll down to bottom for health advisors' number.)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2020, 04:08:37 PM »

Vibes to pug!

George, is she showing symptoms?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2020, 04:10:22 PM »

Today is the birthday of my British conductor friend Martin Yates.  The orchestration that I was working on for the past three months was a gift to thank him for the work over the past couple of years.  The nice thing is that it will be delivered today to his home in France.

Very nice gift.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »

Good news from Jrand!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2020, 04:18:16 PM »

Our big plan for today is to visit the public library for curbside pick-up.

"Curbside pick-up" seems to have a number of meanings. I always thought it meant driving through the parking lot to a specifiied spot where you are given a package. I called Best Buy the other day and was told that there it means you park your car, then go inside the store to a specific counter. That could mean being around a lot of people. And how is that different from pre-Covid store pick-up?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2020, 04:19:25 PM »

My television show is popular with the populace.....the station received two emails of support.....

I guess it's as good as a Nielsen rating.

I'm not surprised it's popular.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »

At the Dollar Tree almost every customer was wearing a mask - and of course all of the employees were.

In WalMart - I would guess about 20% of the folks were wearing masks....moms there with the kids - no masks.....older folks....no masks.....

I do not understand not wearing a mask. Here the compliance numbers are higher. There are always a few hold-outs, but I'd say 80-90% wear masks.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »

Vibes to pug!

Thanks, Jeanne!  This is what pug wrote on her FB page:

First off, I am a very very lucky woman. The outpouring of concern and love has made me cry (happy tears) more than once in the last few hours. I love my community and I love you my friends and thank you.

I have decided I'm going to post about how I am doing. Because it's an easy way of getting this information out for the people who are concerned. And because there are many faces to this Covid thing.

First off I went to the doctor because I was feeling achy and stuffy headed had a scratchy throat and some tummy cramps. I have never had a fever. Not at all. So the important take away from this is do not expect fever to be the litmus test for this thing.

When I went into Sea Mar yesterday they gave me two tests. The first has 15-minute turn around but it has a high failure rate. It can often give you a false negative, not so with the positive.
The second test is more reliable but takes two to three days to get back. I came out positive with a 15-minute test. Ethan took the same two tests, but his 15-minute test came back negative. We will find out in a few days. Marko has also been tested with the slower test.

Today, I have no fever. I do not have any severe symptoms. What I do have are muscle cramps, I feel like I can't get warm and my soft palate is swollen and itchy, anything I eat gives me slight abdominal cramping. I woke up sneezing and coughing.
I am isolating in the bedroom, have started doing breathing exercises to try to keep my lungs open and clear. I'm buckling down on my diet. Going even more heavily into keto than I have been for the last few months.It's been a bit wobbly wobbly since we've been in lockdown. It is an anti-inflammatory diet and inflammation is the killer in this disease. So I am being proactive.

That's what I've got for now. Hug the people you can. Wash your hands. Know that I love you. And wear your fucking masks.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »

"Curbside pick-up" seems to have a number of meanings. I always thought it meant driving through the parking lot to a specifiied spot where you are given a package. I called Best Buy the other day and was told that there it means you park your car, then go inside the store to a specific counter. That could mean being around a lot of people. And how is that different from pre-Covid store pick-up?

Did you ask that question?  It sounds exactly the same.  I imagined you parked in the designated parking usually set aside and they take it out to you.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2020, 04:28:55 PM »

I've been feeling lucky, in that people here are consistently masking up in stores and offices. A lot of places have a sign saying you must have a mask on to enter, but I think it's the rule anyway.

As for the doctor or dentist.... that's bizarre. When I went in for my procedure last Friday, I'd already been advised to wear the mask, and that they would check my temperature at the door. And that was it. There was no other hassle.

The only papers I signed were their standard ones relating to the procedure.

My dentist kept us informed by email about his office closure and reopening and the measures they were taking. Dental offices are tricky because bacteria can be released into the air just by cleaning your teeth. Likewise Covid. But, as my hygienist said, having a mouthful of bacteria won't help you fight Covid.

The only forms I had to fill out related to my health and Covid symptoms.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2020, 04:29:48 PM »

I slept well, but my left leg should be amputated.  Yesterday morning, after hobbling from pharmacy to bank and home, suicide seemed such a good solution to all my aches and pains.  After going through this past surgery, I am not eager to jump back in for a hip and.or knee replacement.  What I need to do today is contact my principal caregiver at my HMO and ask about gel injections for arthritis.  If I can gain a couple of months relief, I think my mental state will improve along with my irritable mood.

I take Llfe Extension's Fast Acting Joint Formula for pain in general and arthritis in particular. It really is fast-acting. In fact, Life Extension offers a number of products for arthritis. They also have free health advisors available by phone.

www.lef.com
(Scroll down to bottom for health advisors' number.)

It sounds interesting if it helps pain besides arthritis. 

Jane

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2020, 04:30:54 PM »

At the Dollar Tree almost every customer was wearing a mask - and of course all of the employees were.

In WalMart - I would guess about 20% of the folks were wearing masks....moms there with the kids - no masks.....older folks....no masks.....

I do not understand not wearing a mask. Here the compliance numbers are higher. There are always a few hold-outs, but I'd say 80-90% wear masks.

Does this mean you are not in an area that will see tighter restrictions and restaurants closing again?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2020, 04:40:47 PM »

Vibes to pug!

Thanks, Jeanne!  This is what pug wrote on her FB page:

First off, I am a very very lucky woman. The outpouring of concern and love has made me cry (happy tears) more than once in the last few hours. I love my community and I love you my friends and thank you.

I have decided I'm going to post about how I am doing. Because it's an easy way of getting this information out for the people who are concerned. And because there are many faces to this Covid thing.

First off I went to the doctor because I was feeling achy and stuffy headed had a scratchy throat and some tummy cramps. I have never had a fever. Not at all. So the important take away from this is do not expect fever to be the litmus test for this thing.

When I went into Sea Mar yesterday they gave me two tests. The first has 15-minute turn around but it has a high failure rate. It can often give you a false negative, not so with the positive.
The second test is more reliable but takes two to three days to get back. I came out positive with a 15-minute test. Ethan took the same two tests, but his 15-minute test came back negative. We will find out in a few days. Marko has also been tested with the slower test.

Today, I have no fever. I do not have any severe symptoms. What I do have are muscle cramps, I feel like I can't get warm and my soft palate is swollen and itchy, anything I eat gives me slight abdominal cramping. I woke up sneezing and coughing.
I am isolating in the bedroom, have started doing breathing exercises to try to keep my lungs open and clear. I'm buckling down on my diet. Going even more heavily into keto than I have been for the last few months.It's been a bit wobbly wobbly since we've been in lockdown. It is an anti-inflammatory diet and inflammation is the killer in this disease. So I am being proactive.

That's what I've got for now. Hug the people you can. Wash your hands. Know that I love you. And wear your fucking masks.

Thanks, George. Her symptoms certainly do not sound like the usual ones we've heard about. It's good that she found out right away and can take appropriate measures. I hope that her symptoms do not get any worse and she gets over it quickly. Ethan and Marko are her sons? Vibes to them as well.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:58:01 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2020, 04:42:17 PM »

Did you ask that question?  It sounds exactly the same.  I imagined you parked in the designated parking usually set aside and they take it out to you.

Yes, I thought that was the new, safe procedure. I guess one needs to ask.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2020, 04:45:19 PM »

I've been feeling lucky, in that people here are consistently masking up in stores and offices. A lot of places have a sign saying you must have a mask on to enter, but I think it's the rule anyway.

As for the doctor or dentist.... that's bizarre. When I went in for my procedure last Friday, I'd already been advised to wear the mask, and that they would check my temperature at the door. And that was it. There was no other hassle.

The only papers I signed were their standard ones relating to the procedure.

My dentist kept us informed by email about his office closure and reopening and the measures they were taking. Dental offices are tricky because bacteria can be released into the air just by cleaning your teeth. Likewise Covid. But, as my hygienist said, having a mouthful of bacteria won't help you fight Covid.

The only forms I had to fill out related to my health and Covid symptoms.

True.  If I lived in Austin right now I can imagine postponing my cleaning appointment. 

Jane

« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2020, 04:47:12 PM »

Getting a Plaque Remover, Tooth Scraper might be a good idea.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2020, 04:48:05 PM »

Does this mean you are not in an area that will see tighter restrictions and restaurants closing again?

I don't know how my area compares to others, but the restrictions are usually done on a county-wide basis. I do know that last Sunday bars were told to close due to the increase in numbers. I have not heard anything else. But it's surprisingly difficult to get detailed information. I find the local news much too sketchy. I asked the owners of the Mexican restaurants how they are notified. They said they get news bulletins on their phones, but they have a business. It's difficult to keep up!

Jane

« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2020, 04:48:14 PM »

DR George thanks for sharing Pug's story.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2020, 04:49:35 PM »

Bryan had mentioned the 15 minute test isn't accurate.  I found it interesting they did that and then sent out for the more accurate one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up