Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IF YOU GET MY DRIFT  (Read 18298 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:IF YOU GET MY DRIFT
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 10:18:27 AM »

Good vibes festooned for DR ELMORE's sister-in-law.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 10:20:38 AM »

Page Three Pink Panther Prance!  ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 10:20:50 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have to request vibes from all of you for my sister-in-law Donna, who's going through worse health than I at the moment.

~~~ BEST HEALTH VIBES FOR DR ELMORE'S S-I-L DONNA!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 10:21:29 AM »

DR Ben - Thanks for the Sweet Charity review/report.  I'd actually like to see Charlotte d'Amboise in the show. I wonder if Ms. Applegate has any scheduled vacations yet.  ;)

Oh, and I meant to comment on your CCBB comments...  Did you notice any tweaks - major or minor - from the London version?  I only ask since I heard that the pit has been getting revisions almost nightly throughout the previews.

And I hope Erin Dilly finally gets some "wide" notice for this role.  Love her!

And I'm guessing Mark Kudisch doesn't appear naked in this show like he did in The Highest Yellow down at Signature Theatre last fall.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 10:22:09 AM »

FESTOON!!!

-And I'm no longer the only one posting!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2005, 10:23:43 AM »

DR George - I guess I could Google this, but...

Is there any info in the liner notes for Love's Fowl if it is a revised versions of Everything's Ducky - or whatever title it is now known by - another Ugly Duckling adaptation.  I actually like Everything's Ducky better than Honk!.

I couldn't find any mention of Everything's Ducky.  Love's Fowl is actually a retelling of the Chicken Little story ("The sky is falling! The Sky is falling!") and has a website pulcina.org.  All of the lyrics in the booklet are in Italian!  Also, it's performed with puppets and Henry Krieger and Susan J. Vitucci perform all the parts.  I'll listen to it at work today to see (hear) what it's all about.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2005, 10:25:08 AM »

OK - I have a few things I have to take care of this afternoon...  And I also want to check in with Steve to see how all his unpacking and reassembling is going.  And maybe even get my haircut!  -I'm about a week and a half overdue!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2005, 10:26:29 AM »

I couldn't find any mention of Everything's Ducky.  Love's Fowl is actually a retelling of the Chicken Little story ("The sky is falling! The Sky is falling!") and has a website pulcina.org.  All of the lyrics in the booklet are in Italian!  Also, it's performed with puppets and Henry Krieger and Susan J. Vitucci perform all the parts.  I'll listen to it at work today to see (hear) what it's all about.

Ah, that's ringing the proper bell now.  Thanks.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2005, 10:27:35 AM »

DRGeorge, that's fantastic!  I think Patti's great, and she's someone I'd love to work with.  I met her briefly when I was working on PAL JOEY for Encores!, and I've met her brother Robert, who was another casualty, like my friend Dan Marcus, of TRIUMPH OF LOVE.  In 1999, when several ruptured cervical discs were requiring surgery because they were pressing on my spinal cord and inhibiting my motor skills, I had to turn down some work for her.  I had to tell Dick Gallagher, her musical director, that I was too busy since I didn't want the word out that I was unable to walk or hold a pencil.  You win, you lose.  Now that I'm fine, Patti never calls, never writes.

Maybe YOU should call her back! ;) Also, in the program was written:
Matters of the Heart is performed in loving memory of its co-creator, Dick Gallagher.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 10:27:53 AM by George »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2005, 10:29:40 AM »

Vixmom, I suddenly realized this morning whilst listening to Brasilian music that I forgot to include a CDR of various versions of Waters of March in your little package which should be arriving any moment.  I'll send something to you next week.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2005, 10:30:32 AM »

I remember Festoon from Gunsmoke.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »

I am the winner!  I remember that episode because I think for some reason Mary was only having one tonsil removed.  She might have only had one left.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2005, 10:56:59 AM »

DR Jose- According to my friend in the cast, notables are in the audience of The Audience every night. Besides Mr. Tune, Randy Graff and Jan Horvath were there last night and Michael John LaChiusa also attended. Of course, he did write the music and lyrics for one of the songs in the show.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2005, 11:02:18 AM »

Also, Jose, I've heard about this new theater in Peoria, Az. They are planning to do 6-8 fully staged Broadway musicals in a 400 seat dinner theater. The season is set  to include Anything Goes,Brigadoon,Man of La Mancha,Damn Yankees,H.M.S.Pinafore,Big River,and The World Goes Round.
Oh, and your friends were wonderful in The Audience. Shannon Polly was hilarious as a Staten Island secretary and she has a great voice. Sean MacLaughlin was quite touching as a loving son who can't get over the loss of his parents.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2005, 11:09:49 AM »

Hey, I could use some help from one of the many PHOTO experts at HHW.

I took some pics on a cd to have printed at Costco.  But when the woman was looking at them with me on the disk, she said that some of them had very low resolution.  She said that pics needed to be around 1000 to be very clear.  And some of mine were 400, 600, 700.

Now here's the part I don't understand.  These were taken from two different digital cameras.  One group was emailed to me.  These pictures were extremely big when I received them, and I made them smaller and put them on my disk.  The second group was from my dad's camera and they were just copied to the disk.

Now here is my question.  How can I see the resolution before I bring my pics to get printed?  And is there a way i can fix them before i bring them in?

I am using something called Ulead Photo Express and I can enhance and do various things to the pictures.  But I don't know how I can see the resolution.

Now the woman at Costco was very nice and she test printed 2 pics for me. One came out okay. But the other came out very blurry (i mean very).  But it is crystal clear in email/on the disk.

Anybody have any ideas?

I hope this made sense. :)

Btw, I asked if by fooling around with the pics (making them smaller) if i would have changed the resolution and the Costco woman said no.  

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 11:16:13 AM by Jennifer »

Ben

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2005, 11:14:41 AM »

DR Jose, yes, it's too bad that officially, Ms. D'Amboise goes back under cover after the Saturday evening performance.

As far as tweaks (in CCBB), I didn't notice many, just that the show seemed scaled back from London although it's hard for me to tell because it's been almost two years since I saw it (December of 2003). Even though it's a large show for Broadway, it seemed bigger in all respects at the Palladium, bigger cast, more dogs, bigger sound, bigger set, bigger (in a good way) performances, etc.

And no, Mr. Kudisch did not appear naked in CCBB.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2005, 11:22:56 AM »

DR JENNIFER if you right click on the photo and then click properties you usually get the resolution.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2005, 11:23:48 AM »

Yes DR BEN thanks for the CHARITY update.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2005, 11:26:35 AM »

DR JENNIFER - I think you can change the density on Ulead by clicking Photo - Resize - Density.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2005, 11:29:29 AM »

DR JENNIFER if you right click on the photo and then click properties you usually get the resolution.

When I right click I only see "redo/copy or clear".  No "properties".

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2005, 11:33:31 AM »

DR JENNIFER - I think you can change the density on Ulead by clicking Photo - Resize - Density.

I am so confused.  I'm looking at a pic that the woman printed.  I believe it said the resolution was 500-600.  Well when i look in Ulead it says:

res: 120

And yes there is a place where i can move that number up and down.

But obviously this isn't the same as what she was telling me (since we have 2 different numbers).

Btw, THANKS VERY MUCH.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2005, 11:38:57 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm......that setting may be what you are set at.  Try changing it to a higher density.  Some programs are set at a particular density and all photos loaded are then changed to that density.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2005, 11:39:23 AM »

DR Jennifer, maybe the photo clerk was talking about the resolution at which the picture was originally taken?  If the picture was taken at a low resolution in the first place, there's nothing you can do to improve the piture quality.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2005, 11:47:18 AM »

DR Jennifer, maybe the photo clerk was talking about the resolution at which the picture was originally taken?  If the picture was taken at a low resolution in the first place, there's nothing you can do to improve the piture quality.

Yes, I think that is right.

I'm not sure how these things work at other stores.  But at Costco you put in the disk and it shows the resolution of each photo.  By that she could tell which ones would not come out very well.

So are you saying that no matter what i do, adjusting the resolution on my end now will not improve the quality?

There is one pic of me and my niece and nephew that i really would like to print.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2005, 11:53:34 AM »

elmore, BK tells me you probably have more reason to remember the seedy hotels they stuck you in along there.  Now that's what I call suffering for your art.

Ohmigod, DRPogue, the very first one was so god-awful that Bruce decided nothing human could live there.  A few of them, while rundown and tacky, were no worse than some of my regional theatre housing (Cohoes Music Hall's for example) amd some of the places we stayed in  on trips in my childhood.  One place, I'm convinced, rented totally by the hour.

I will say, though, that every visit to work with Bruce, outside of the occasional battles in the studio, were nothing but fun.  BK, even at his worst or mine, is always a treat.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2005, 11:54:46 AM »

In the "I Find It Irritating" Department:

On "Smallville," which is a new take on the youth of Clark Kent as he matures into Superman, the town of Smallville has a proliferation of kryptonite...it has caused all sorts of mischief and has had strange, mostly evil, effects upon everyone affected by it.

Of course, it's deadly to Clark.

In any event, the writers have decided the proper way to refer to the kryptonite fragments is "meteor rocks.'

To a person, the entire cast pronounces "meteor" as "media"...and it's "media rock" this and "media rock" that....and it drives me up the barking tree!

:)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 11:55:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2005, 11:56:37 AM »

And I'm guessing Mark Kudisch doesn't appear naked in this show like he did in The Highest Yellow down at Signature Theatre last fall.

;D

DRJose, how many times did you see THE HIGHEST YELLOW?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2005, 12:04:41 PM »

DR RLP what happened to saying Kryptonite?  I stopped watching this show after the second season.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2005, 12:12:45 PM »

elmore, if you were staying in any of the motels on Sunset near the recording studio, you were in the heart of hooker row.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2005, 12:19:22 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I cannot believe it - I got up and all the fershluganah clocks said 12:00.  I had no idea when they'd all stopped, when I realized it WAS twelve o'clock.  Man, I haven't slept that late since around 1989 when I was pulling all-nighters on Totally Hidden Video.  The latest I've slept is maybe ten-thirty.  Wow, I must have needed to catch up sleep from the night before.  I was also having an incredibly delicious dream, which probably stems very much from the new short story I've just embarked upon, about which more later.

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Donna!

"They" didn't put elmore up in a sleazy hotel - the OWNER of Varese Sarabande, one of the cheapest individuals I've ever known, put him up in those awful motels - I fought him every time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up